• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HES announces Rugby League Live for PS3/360

Man, this game is awesome. Bigant are so close to greatness with this one it isn't funny.

They just need to adjust the effectiveness of the attack a bit more and they will have an absolute gem on their hands. As is the defensive game dominates the game, it espescially shows online against other top defenders.

Bigant has most things right but once they get the happy balance between good solid defense and good attacking play opportunities exploited properly, this game will never leave my playstation 3 ever again. It is that good in my opinion.

AK bro, take your time with this and suss it out properly, it won't come to you immediately, but once it does it gets really good and knowing that with a few tweaks here and there it can become even better makes me even more excited by the minute.

Last edited:
Got anymore vid's for us Radman, maybe of some off the cooler things in the game??? We've still got a few more days to wait for it here over the drink!!!

I'll see what I can do, I have a few new tricks up my sleeve on attack which I might try and catch on my camera.

Nooooo. I just bought RLL and my PS3 just died!!!! I've had to send it away to Sony to be repaired. They've told me it'll be about 3 weeks. More damn waiting......

Nooooo. I just bought RLL and my PS3 just died!!!! I've had to send it away to Sony to be repaired. They've told me it'll be about 3 weeks. More damn waiting......

At least you'll get it back and be able to play the game before us brits get it officially over here :( :( hope your ps3 gets back soon :D :D
seriously contemplating importing, trying to find people that have friends down under :p Radman's comments are making me wet at the lips :D :D need my next gen rugby fix now :D

Pay Day is Friday and im seriously considering importing it ... wonder how long it will take to come?

Pay Day is Friday and im seriously considering importing it ... wonder how long it will take to come?

well i emailed Fishpond (both nz and aus) and asked how long it would take, and they said they suggested 4-6 weeks due to deliveries not being tracked or somin. but i've heard people saying its taken them a few days - less than a week. Weird really - the delivery time is only thing thats worrying me, 4- 6 weeks from now is almost uk release date time - will it be worth spending 30 quid more for 2/3 weeks more play??

Was it a slim or the original console? If so how many gb out of interest.

Was it a slim or the original console? If so how many gb out of interest.

Its one of the original consoles. The 60gig. Sony said it'll be $350 to repair, was gonna get a new one but that would be a bit of a downgrade as it doesnt have all the extra bits that the original had.

Its one of the original consoles. The 60gig. Sony said it'll be $350 to repair, was gonna get a new one but that would be a bit of a downgrade as it doesnt have all the extra bits that the original had.

True, but it'll come back from repair only to break down again. Okay I can't be 100% sure of that, but I had a 60gb model and I had it go back 5 times, then I sold it as soon as it came back and bought a slim. I miss nothing from having the old version. They run hot and it appears they can handle it, but over time it gets to them. I hope it doesn't happen that way and it comes back working well for you.

Back onto Rugby League Live, my online record stands at P9-W6-L2-D1, so I hope I can get up there on the boards a bit higher yet! I'm enjoying this. :)

True, but it'll come back from repair only to break down again. Okay I can't be 100% sure of that, but I had a 60gb model and I had it go back 5 times, then I sold it as soon as it came back and bought a slim. I miss nothing from having the old version. They run hot and it appears they can handle it, but over time it gets to them. I hope it doesn't happen that way and it comes back working well for you.

Back onto Rugby League Live, my online record stands at P9-W6-L2-D1, so I hope I can get up there on the boards a bit higher yet! I'm enjoying this. :)

Yeah I hope it's ok. The main reason I want to keep it is cos i still play rugby 08 on there. After it broke down I got out my old ps2 and that doesn't work anymore either!! Life sux!!! Lol

Is anyone still having trouble with the difference between the easy and medium difficulty level? I've seen on other forums that people are returning it because of this

I'm actually happy with the fact that I'm struggling to win games on medium difficulty. Sure the AI's offload ratio is about 15 to my 1 and it breaks more tackles per game, but that just makes the tries I do score and games I do win all the more rewarding. The difficulty doesn't feel "cheap" like other sports ***les in the past.

Its an amazing game, one of the greats<O:p</O:p
The learning curve was defeating me, being a raiders fan was my biggest hurdle<O:p</O:p
I then played online, and got pumped by a veteran player – I saw his fending technique, and his attacking barging just pierce my defense like rabble.<O:p</O:p
I then went back to the drawing boards, fine tuned my defense, and started using the fend and barge in attack, and voila – the game opens up<O:p</O:p
Its incredible, I haven't had such a sore thumb since JLR – seriously<O:p</O:p
easy is too easy - i smashed the ai 48-nil on my first ever match<O:p</O:p
i then went to medium - after about 4 failed world cup camaigns and 15 rounds of the NRL - i finally notched up my first ever win on medium – in this period, the world was a bad place – it was dark, scary and angry and full of fire – how can they fark up another video game of the greatest game of all? – how wrong was i<O:p</O:p
i restarted the season and at about 7wins and 4losses with the raiders on medium, I am in the top 8, I have lost to the top teams, smashed the bottom ranked teams, but also beaten the roosters who are first – but the ***ans have got me twice, they are 4th…the storm and dragons are wallowing, and I pumped them accordingly – the teams overall rating is not reflective of how a season will pan out – WIN <O:p</O:p
I smashed city, and I have beaten QLD twice to wrap it up with the blues – with a bit of roster tweaking u can add a few rating points to your squad…especially with the lowly ranked and **** weak raiders, I got them from 75 to 80 overall – the best players per team are not in the default 13, you gotto make changes and it pays off<O:p</O:p
once u can win on medium the game is unbelievable - any lapse in concentration and its points or turnovers<O:p</O:p
its proper league structured - hit up with forwards, and only spread it occasionally - kick on the 4th or 5th - dont turn the ball over cheaply.<O:p</O:p
eventually u will wear the ai down with the possesion, making them defend more and make more tackles and at the back end of matches, when they are tired, things can happen<O:p</O:p
no try is the same, every match plays differently, it's the greatest thing about the game<O:p</O:p
online is epic but there are some quitters when u start dominating<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
Oh yes league video gaming has arrived
And I haven't even tuned to side view yet<O:p</O:p
I cant stop playing and thinking about my next gameplan<O:p</O:p
Damn cowboys who are 7<SUP>th</SUP> just beat me 12-10<O:p</O:p
I was up 10 nil before half time, and 2 runaway tries to Thurston who stepped dugan on both occasions put the knife in the back….i was severely shattered, I pushed too many passes trying to put them away for good, and it backfired<O:p</O:p

Latest posts