• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HES announces Rugby League Live for PS3/360

Apparently there is a points system for online ranked matches, 50 points for a win, 25 for a loss and none if you quit. What isn't known is whether you get points if someone quits on you either by pausing or quitting back to the dash. There is apparently stuff that can be unlocked with the points.

Last edited:
i doubt this was a new build!! watch the defensive line move back.... looks like the retarded movement of rugby league 3. All over the f'n place!!!!!! Looks horrible. Set animation tackles, so once your tackled just sit back and see the exact same tackle you saw a second earlier!! I dont like being so negative but, just looks too much like RL3 on wii. Repetitive, game after game after game after game. BUT HOPEFULLY IM WRONG!!!! PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG !!!!bigant!!!!

Funnily enough, I commeneted to St.Helens_RLFC on MSN the other day how much to me it resembles a high-res Rugby League 2!

I'm not judging the game just on that trailer. To me it looks and plays better than the benchmark I set and that was to be better than RL1 and it is seems to be.

I expected it to be worse so any other gameplay surprises on top of the few revealed so far will be icing on a decent cake..

WOW not a single rugby game for years and now two on the way HAPPY DAYS. Its a WIN/WIN for both Union & League

Someone missed Rugby League 3 coming out ;)

Game in Carmarthen told me (and i quote)
"yer no rugby games out till end of this year/next year. Theres a Wii game end of year and then ps3 start of next year. And EA Sports are bringing an union game out for World Cup".
Talk about no clue at all. I then corrected them being the smug bugger I am, don't think they'll want me back there again :p . Bought rugby league 3 (play it with a gamecube controller and its quite decent imo) , so anything similar (from reading other forums i thinks its actually better) will be great.
Ah well import it is then, unless they announce a september release... highly unlikely from reading other forums.

Last edited:
I just re-watched the trailer, and I have to say the sections in sidecam do somehow seem better - the passing looks more natural, and you get a bit more sense of space. May just be personal preference, but it's put this game back on my radar...

Game in Carmarthen told me (and i quote)
"yer no rugby games out till end of this year/next year. Theres a Wii game end of year and then ps3 start of next year. And EA Sports are bringing an union game out for World Cup".
Talk about no clue at all. I then corrected them being the smug bugger I am, don't think they'll want me back there again :p . Bought rugby league 3 (play it with a gamecube controller and its quite decent imo) , so anything similar (from reading other forums i thinks its actually better) will be great.
Ah well import it is then, unless they announce a september release... highly unlikely from reading other forums.
Same here, except i just ordered it online as Game as fairly poor for any smaller games (they generally have the top 20, then other games that have been in the top 20, and that's about it) then a load of pre-owned

its all about the playable side cam, i just hope i can read the gaps, and can defend well - sometime sidecams can ruin the lines, i hope they are readable (is this a word) from the side

i can feel a 'this cam is easier to play' vibe in that online when its all competitive, there will be only 1 view to maximise ur win potential

Well, 6 weeks delay for Europe will make this game a total commercial failure in europe. Only hardcore rugby league fans will get this. Why ? Because end of october/november is blockbusters' time for console gaming (Castlevania, GT5, AC Brotherhood, LBP2, new versions of EA Sports games, NFS:HP, Fable 3, Fallout NV, SW Force Unleashed 2 and that's just to name a few), and in the end they'll make less money than if they had released it in europe at the same time. First week of september was a pretty smart release date for a small game, summer doesn't see many anticipated or good games. A Rugby League game can't expect stellar sales given the lack of visibility from the sport when released at a good time, but releasing it during the blockbusters' craze because of conversion rate (not to mention the total lack of publicity for the game) is suicide.

That's a good point, there's a few games in that list that i'm interested in looking at, so the casual RL fan might just pickup something else instead (i can imagine a lot of people picking fifa over it)

Also there's football manager ... but that's beside the point.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother now. Will be going for NBA 2K11, and either or both of NHL/FIFA, if anyone wants to add me.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother now. Will be going for NBA 2K11, and either or both of NHL/FIFA, if anyone wants to add me.
Get madden!
I traded in Fifa World Cup and Back Breaker and got it for £13.99 the other day, it's cracking!

He traded in the wrong game. LOL!. Backbreaker just got a massive patch that fixes a lot of issues and turns it into a game way more realistic than that wannabe arcade rubbish Madden 11 could ever possibly be.

Latest posts