• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How confident are you about your country in the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jbobo, our resident Welsh nationalist spewing a load of nonsense again. Have you nothing better to do than constantly try to slag of anything English?

Well just on this page GN10 said it...Others have too, but i'm not going back through to quote a load of posts just to prove you're clutching at straws to try and get one over on me (what has been going on with all of you Anglo police for before and especially since the 6N to everyone who dares question the crown and it's patrons), it's already been done with that example.
Fair enough he did (I missed it earlier) but the vast majority of people didn't say it just that Wales are not the host nation (they're not) and that England were a co-host 16 years ago. They were described as partners whatever that means in the programme from the final by the head of the World Rugby Ive just scoured through the damn thing trying to see if says anything as I would like a source from the time the deals were struck but I can't find anything.

You and other have a pretty massive chip on your shoulders when the English say virtually anything that doesn't say your nation is beste ever or that heaven forbid they might not do as well their expectations or their players may not actually be the best. How many English people have freaked out when people have said in this thread they might not make it out of the group? Seriously Robshaw was criticised as being a dirty cheat by one poster and not a single Englishman rose to it and just tried to explain their opinions on McCaw.

I'm not saying we're all perfect far from it and we all mistakes but before accusations and name calling try to have damn good look in the mirror. I know I occasionally do and find myself a little wanting.

Last edited:
Fair enough he did (I missed it earlier) but the vast majority of people didn't say it just that Wales are not the host nation (they're not) and that England were a co-host 16 years ago. They were described as partners whatever that means in the programme from the final by the head of the RFU, I've just scoured through the damn thing trying to see if says anything as I would like a source from the time the deals were struck but I can't find anything.

You and other have a pretty massive chip on your shoulders when the English say virtually anything that doesn't say your nation is beste ever or that heaven forbid they might not do as well their expectations or their players may not actually be the best. How many English people have freaked out when people have said in this thread they might not make it out of the group? Seriously Robshaw was criticised as being a dirty cheat by one poster and not a single Englishman rose to it and just tried to explain their opinions on McCaw.

I'm not saying we're all perfect far from it and we all mistakes but before accusations and name calling try to have damn good look in the mirror. I know I occasionally do and find myself a little wanting.

This.

I always get the feeling also that despite our media being insufferable. Secretly they want us to praise them whilst scouring our own to make themselves feel good and I don't think it's just a minority. Unfortunately that just confirms to me you're interest is purely self satisfaction because you dislike us, just because. Meh, we're English and we get used to it, it must be how Mourinho feels. Hopefully when they take their precious goggle lenses off they'll realise we fairly never say anything outlandish. Column inches to slag off others is absolutely fine, but nothing too bad.

Trust me lads, it's not the England rugby team, it's not England in general, it's not the English media (well, okay that's terrible in the UK generally), it's not English tea...It is simply you lot on here. It's getting barren on here, as people will refuse to converse with so many of you and it just so happens that the majority are English. Sorry, but this is not just my prerogative. I mostly let everything slide, as i don't post often, but sometimes you are talking so far out of your rears on something you know nothing about (so evident in the past few pages and the thread and forum in general) that sometimes i will bite. It's also the fact that you just gang up on people and make comments without any actual substance and then when REPEATEDLY proven wrong, you just come back with some more drivel. P.s thanks for driving away some top notch posters who have stated to me personally about their reasoning for leaving. Damn shame.

Anyway, i'm done with this thread for today. Enjoy your conclusions on how nationalist i am and carry on ruining the forum for everyone else. ]

Good day,

The residential Welsh Nationalist.

@Jbobo I've never seen you let anything slide infact most of your posts I've seen are attacks on other posters (specifically the English) but occasionally your reasonable if you stop with the name calling and actually discuss things case in point. This post was utterly fair in reponse to mine even if you did misunderstood what I said.
This and this again!

- - - Updated - - -

True on the first part, but then again, we also had a 'hoodoo' against SA, but we have gradually closed the gap and then eventually beat them at the end of last year. The same is happening with Australia, and we will beat them sooner or later. The world cup just might be the incentive to do it.

On the second point, i think you're massively underestimating Wales. If you think England will top the group and Wales have a chance of coming 4th, then i think that's laughable. We'll see, though.
However you need to see things on the otherside I've never been anywhere on the internet where an Englishman was aloud to spout an opinion on something without getting a whole bunch of arrogance jibes and other nonsense. Soemtime people here have just been taking the **** and being sarcastic because they're damn tired of being told there a bunch of arrogant racist assholes just because they happen to be English and tried to be talking about rugby. I've just re-read through this thread as I'm masocist and most disagreements come from people taking something someone else had said blowing it massively out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all though what English get on Rugby is nothing compared to stupidity of Indian's about the English when it comes to Cricket

Last edited by a moderator:
Read this you arrogant idiots (excluding one of you) - http://www.millenniumstadium.com/news/1086.php#.VV4fNPlViko

When Wales was chosen as the host nation for the 1999 world cup by the IRB, they split the games between the home nations and France. This was down on the understanding that when any of those countries assumed the Host Nation status in the future they would give games to Wales (second paragraph).

Don't like my source? Provide a better one to back your misguided and patronising assertions :)

That changes absolutely nothing about my points, back in your box.

- - - Updated - - -

Well just on this page GN10 said it...Others have too, but i'm not going back through to quote a load of posts just to prove you're clutching at straws to try and get one over on me (what has been going on with all of you Anglo police for before and especially since the 6N to everyone who dares question the crown and it's patrons), it's already been done with that example.

Nope, I haven't.

I never said Wales shouldn't get games, I said Wales are not the host nation and thus get no say in where their games are played.....

Fair enough he did (I missed it earlier)

No, i didn't.

I said they get no say in which games and shouldn't be allowed to play their games at home.

It is simply you lot on here. It's getting barren on here, as people will refuse to converse with so many of you and it just so happens that the majority are English.

So leave then.

You contribute nothing of worth, and from day one you have done nothing but troll English posters, you'll be missed like a hole in the head.

and make comments without any actual substance and then when REPEATEDLY proven wrong, you just come back with some more drivel. P.s thanks for driving away some top notch posters who have stated to me personally about their reasoning for leaving. Damn shame.

You've not proven anyone wrong, you've answered a question with a post from a website that answers nothing about any of the points the people here made.

Last edited:
Far be it for me to defend a Welsh man but we were talking about your comment where you said they should not any games didn't say you said they shouldn't get any games altogether.

Far be it for me to defend a Welsh man but we were talking about your comment where you said they should not any games didn't say you said they shouldn't get any games altogether.

What?

Yeah that was rubbish post...

I keep missing out the word home in my posts for some damn reason but the original thing was me asking Jbobo where did someone say Wales shouldn't get home games. Which to be fair you did.

Yeah that was rubbish post...

I keep missing out the word home in my posts for some damn reason but the original thing was me asking Jbobo where did someone say Wales shouldn't get home games. Which to be fair you did.

right, and they shouldn't as they are not a host nation unlike England who were partial hosts.

Wales have no claim to this world cup, it is not a joint bid, England had to request permission to hold games at the Mill Stadium as it was not included int eh IRB bidding process, and the IRB approved it post the bid being awarded.

In 1999 Wales got the full support of the other home nations, it was a 6 nations bid with Wales bidding as the primary, in 2007 France were primary bidders supported by Scotland and Wales, and as a result Wales played only two of their four games in Cardiff, playing two games in France, and Scotland played two games at Murrayfield and two in France.

***Edit, roff, just been neg repped by Jbobby who clearly doesn't like being proven wrong.

Last edited:
Thank you for typifying every assertion i have made GN10 :)

Thank you for typifying every assertion i have made GN10 :)

500x1000px-LL-04e60e5e_43033-Troll-face-gif-qj4v.gif

Okay going to reply about the topic at hand.

I disagree GN10 whilst as you said it's an English tournament and Wales only have games basically for financial reasons especially the home ones I see no harm in it. The only time a team shouldn't get home advantage is when they play the primary host nation(still can't believe the WRU suggested otherwise). Plus let's not pretend this tournament only costs the English tax payer money.

Lastly do you really think Wal vs Aus is going to be anything other than a Welsh home game inside the stadium? I garentee the majority of spectator will be supporting the men in red. May as well be at MS it harms no one.

I disagree GN10 whilst as you said it's an English tournament and Wales only have games basically for financial reasons especially the home ones I see no harm in it. The only time a team shouldn't get home advantage is when they play the primary host nation(still can't believe the WRU suggested otherwise). Plus let's not pretend this tournament only costs the English tax payer money.

Lastly do you really think Wal vs Aus is going to be anything other than a Welsh home game inside the stadium? I garentee the majority of spectator will be supporting the men in red. May as well be at MS it harms no one.

Having a game against Wales in London as opposed to in Wales is very different... home advantage is not just about the game in the stadium, it's about the build up, it's about the australians being in an oppresive environment while Wales are surrounded by friends family, freindly media and a public backing them - this is why NZ & SA is so hard to tour as you're under presssure 24/7.

how is that remotely fair on the australians?

With respect though, please take an aussie view on this.

How would you feel if you not only had to play England at home which they have a poor recent record at, they have to play Wales at the Millenium.

It would be a crazy situation and one which imo takes the mick and shouldn't be allowed, the RFU and likely World Rugby probably discussed it and thought otherwise.

Shoot, GN beat me to it :(

Trust me lads, it's not the England rugby team, it's not England in general, it's not the English media (well, okay that's terrible in the UK generally), it's not English tea...It is simply you lot on here. It's getting barren on here, as people will refuse to converse with so many of you and it just so happens that the majority are English. Sorry, but this is not just my prerogative. I mostly let everything slide...

Anyway, i'm done with this thread for today.

It might be easier to take you seriously if you hadn't started your posting on this board by slagging off the English, followed it up shortly with calling other posters idiots and numpties, and generally been thin-skinned, unfriendly, fond of the nationality card and a bit of a troll. If only you were actually done with the thread.

***Edit, roff, just been neg repped by Jbobby who clearly doesn't like being proven wrong.

Same, I wonder if he is going to go through neg repping all the English people who responded to him, he will come out worse.

Same, I wonder if he is going to go through neg repping all the English people who responded to him, he will come out worse.

As he neg reps me. It's like you lot are actually trying to prove me right, it's amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

It might be easier to take you seriously if you hadn't started your posting on this board by slagging off the English, followed it up shortly with calling other posters idiots and numpties, and generally been thin-skinned, unfriendly, fond of the nationality card and a bit of a troll. If only you were actually done with the thread.

No Peat, be honest, it would be easier for you lot to take me seriously if 1. I agreed with everything you lot said and 2. I didn't keep proving you are in fact bloody idiots.

As he neg reps me. It's like you lot are actually trying to prove me right, it's amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

No Peat, be honest, it would be easier for you lot to take me seriously if 1. I agreed with everything you lot said and 2. I didn't keep proving you are in fact bloody idiots.

59593752.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts