• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How far can you place kick?

6 Meters in the air and and about 1 metre in distance...

I have Tim, Pete and Matt to vouch for me!!

About 15 metres, with the ball rolling on the ground like a soccer ball - Meaning it does not leave the ground at all

:D :D :D :D :D Thats when someone holds a ball for you to kick, and just when you are abou to, they pull th ball away, making you fall backwards.

:D :D :D :D :D Thats when someone holds a ball for you to kick, and just when you are abou to, they pull th ball away, making you fall backwards.
[/b]
LMAO yep

You know he has never got that kick away in over 50 years :lol:

I actually prefer to use sand. I like my balls high up and on a 60 degree angle, reminiscent of Darren Lockyer. I tend to get much more height than distance if I use a straight up ball position, so the forward angle allows me to get more distance.

Another cheap way I use instead of splashing out for a tee is to get a 2.25L bottle and cut it just where it starts to neck, this gives me the right angle and height at where I like my balls to be perched.

However, this is a ***** method to use if it's windy 'cos you hardly get any ball rotation and it just stays bang on like a torpedo which means it floats like crazy. It's worth it though, 'cos you get some pretty big meters this way even if it does sail off at a 45 degree angle.

6 Meters in the air and and about 1 metre in distance...

I have Tim, Pete and Matt to vouch for me!! [/b]

Seriously, it was awesome. The day when they let forwards play at Fly-half or Full Back is the day Andy Robinson takes control of the iRB.

Seriously right, I didn't even get near to kicking the ball, I tried to bounce it and as soon as I dropped it the ball just bounced right into my family jewels.

Seriously right, I didn't even get near to kicking the ball, I tried to bounce it and as soon as I dropped it the ball just bounced right into my family jewels.
[/b]

Wow. Seriously though, I've never quite established a reason as to why some people just have no co-ordinance what so ever. I mean some cases are understandable such as facing a leg break googly on a spinning wicket, but to not be able to slot a simple drop kick?

I can't place kick at all, i can punt alright and im good at drop kicks but someone my accuracy and power id allwrong from the floor.

Place kick on and off for my club. Have hit from about 55 in training a few times, never managed to repeat it in a game though. Bit too wayward with the aim as well. :wacko:

around 35 metres is my limit, but i've never played rugby competitively. just mucking around in the park. i use a 10cm high tee as i can't get my foot under the low tees that you can buy. i'm hardly accurate though. from 35 i probably put 1 from 10 between the posts

when i was last playing about 2 years ago, i could keep the ball in the air from the 50, but a big fat 'worthless' for the accuracy collumn. my best was probably a 37m left of center against #4 team in the country in high school. came off my foot wrong, but spun a perfect vertical spiral and zipped right over the cross-bar. unfortunately, that was also the closest we ever even got to the try line.. haha. probably 25% accurate from 40m... on a good day.. and whoever said they can drop-kick farther than punt, that's crazy.. couldn't imagine...

I went down to the Borders to see my family last week so natuarally as its the heart of Scottish rugby theres loads of rugby pitches. Me and my two brothers did a bit of kicking, but the ball was a bit flat so the absoloute max was 40m where it hit the bar and bounced over.

Latest posts