• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How far can you place kick?

The only place really close to me has no posts and i use the mole hills as tees, they work really well.

I like to try a couple after practice sometimes. When I hit it I can easily get enough distance to make one from over 50m. Accuracy is a problem though. I play prop so it's not like I'm real worried about that though. Just something fun after training.

After getting a new kicking tee, I can now kick the ball alot further. On a good day I can kick it just over 50m which i guess is not too bad.

You gotta love how this thread is just filled with forwards trying to live out their dreams of being a spikey haired ****** wearing a number 10 jersey. So alas I will continue the trend...

I can hit it from about 30m out pretty accurately using an elevated tee. What actually works really well for me are those cones normally used as markers during regular drills during practice. I will say I'm 1 from 2 lifetime in real games.

I am not the strongest kicker, so 40m is about my limit, however I am fairly accurate usually, unless there is high winds in which case I am not too good, need to work on kicking in windy conditions more.

When I was younger I could hit them from the half way line on a school boy pitch. Distance wasnt a problem but accuracy was, I wasnt to bad on the left handside of the posts as im right footed but I miss nearly all of them on the right hand side.

I'm 14 and can kick from about my 40 metre line if I kick well, my best kick was behind the half way line in line with the post though, it was in front of my mates so I suppose I picked the right time, as ever accuracy is a little bit of a problem, but besides that I'm okay.

It was actually this reason I stopped playing rugby for Christians, my school, because they kept putting me in as second row and i wasn't let to do any kicking just because I'm tall, it's all about size in rugby and that's stupid to be honest

I'm 14 and can kick from about my 40 metre line if I kick well, my best kick was behind the half way line in line with the post though, it was in front of my mates so I suppose I picked the right time, as ever accuracy is a little bit of a problem, but besides that I'm okay.

It was actually this reason I stopped playing rugby for Christians, my school, because they kept putting me in as second row and i wasn't let to do any kicking just because I'm tall, it's all about size in rugby and that's stupid to be honest
[/b]

I always faded em right when I did the long range ones, but I've done 60m before (but I am a 6'3 1st-5/8! Long legs = more power on pendulum!)

Anywhere in the half Ill have a crack but the farthest in a game was just under 50m (about 58m in practise)

I've hit the left post from de 50m line, just a pinch higher than the horizontal bar. It was a lucky kick, I guess, because I play wing and never tried a drop kick or a penalty kick in a game.

i don'tknow how far I can place now, but when I was still in school, (8 years ago), I could easily kick it from the 10meter line. With wind, I kicked from the halfway line

Latest posts