• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How fast does Shane Williams run the 100m Sprint

Well we all know that Shane Williams is god who owns everybody and is currently the best winger in the world End of

Well we all know that Shane Williams is god who owns everybody and is currently the best winger in the world End of [/b]

:blink: Hmmmmm, but he is so small. Perhaps he is the god of everything ickle.

Jonah Lomu is Shane Williams (the first REAL man to be pregnant) son , True story. You can ask either of them but they will just deny it.

Jonah Lomu is Shane Williams (the first REAL man to be pregnant) son , True story. You can ask either of them but they will just deny it.
[/b]

Eh? :blink:

Well we all know that Shane Williams is god who owns everybody and is currently the best winger in the world End of [/b]
Wow, I never knew you liked him that much! :D

<div class='quotemain'> Jonah Lomu is Shane Williams (the first REAL man to be pregnant) son , True story. You can ask either of them but they will just deny it.
[/b]

Eh? :blink:

[/b][/quote]

Yes, I;m not sure either...

<div class='quotemain'> 12.3 apparently [/b]

Is that fast for an international winger? We need to make comparisons.

[/b][/quote]

My mate with a f***ed up knee and ankle ran a 11.39 on Monday, so I don't think 12.3 is accurate.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> 12.3 apparently [/b]

Is that fast for an international winger? We need to make comparisons.

[/b][/quote]

My mate with a f***ed up knee and ankle ran a 11.39 on Monday, so I don't think 12.3 is accurate.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah it doesn't seem that fast for an international winger.

Was a joke, he would probably be be around mid 11's? i really dont know, hes very fast off the mark though.

There's a few players out there that aren't too big and are or were really fast like Shane Williams. Jason Robinson's a speedy little ball of muscle and there's a similiar fulla playing for Auckland David Smith who's kind of in the same mold little but muscley as f%#!. Also Breyton Paulse was pretty fast not as small as the others but not as big as most wingers these days.

his small size actually gives him an advantage coz hes so nuggety... but he does get disadvantaged when they send up'n'unders towards him lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 20 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Williams is a fast guy but he needs to be bigger[/b]

Nah, last time Williams got bigger he ended up injuring himself a lot. If you're gonna play internationally and the way he does, he can't be stacked - physical impossiblity. He needs to stay small.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 12 2008, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Not as fast as the sheep chasing him.
[/b]

Wha?
Have you turned years upon years of sheep-shagging jokes on its head by insinuating that it is the sheep that infact shag us...and not vice versa? Otherwise i'm confused.
Hell, i'm still confused.

But yeah, Shane is one of the greatest wingers the world has ever seen, Jason Robinson was a poor man's Shane - never did he infiltrate and execute moves as successfully as Shane.
All hail king Shane.
Follow the likes of Darkman X, people!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 8 2008, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But yeah, Shane is one of the greatest wingers the world has ever seen, Jason Robinson was a poor man's Shane - never did he infiltrate and execute moves as successfully as Shane.
All hail king Shane.
Follow the likes of Darkman X, people![/b]

Thats the thing though, Jason Robinson never had to shimmy, never had to sidestep and never had to think hard about where he was going to go ten steps further in the game.

Jason Robinson was built on speed and surprise. He'd see a gap and before the opposition had realised that the gap was even there, bang, Billy Wizz was over the line to score. He didn't need to think about how to get around someone because thanks to his supreme agility and speed, he'd be past that person on a one on one before you'd finish the calculations. And when his speed started to falter in his later years he simply honed his game to become one superb full back and lived off of well timed passes to explode onto the ball.

Shane is a different beast, insanely fast yes, but he's come of age in a time where defences have caught up and readjusted. Like in some dodgy Hong Kong Cinema film, Shane always, always seems to have at least three snickering bad guys in front of him. Naturally then, this is those magic feet come into play. Such as during the HEC QF against Saracens, the guy sidestepped seven, I repeat, seven guys like he was at some line dancing convention and that is how he gets over the line.

The two approach the same problem from completely different angles and as such, you can't really compare the two in my mind, I like both in equal measure.

Yeah, you've got a very good point there, my man.
To compare the 2 - simply because they are of similar size and adopt a seemingly similar game plan - is like comparing a cheetah and a lion: they're both cats but they hunt in very different ways.

Wait, did my similie just refer to jason and shane as cats?
Cool Cats!

Wha?
Have you turned years upon years of sheep-shagging jokes on its head by insinuating that it is the sheep that infact shag us...and not vice versa? Otherwise i'm confused.
Hell, i'm still confused.[/b]

Heh, don't worry about Shtove, he's still reeling from the fact that his mighty God of a European Union has been powerless to stop the so called "co-ordinated European response" from spiralling into a frantic rout of a free-for-all amongst the nations.

Just leave him be, RC, he'll be alright once all of this is over...

I don't agree with RC on Jason Robinson, he was a legend in both codes of the game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 20 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Williams is a fast guy but he needs to be bigger[/b]

Nah, last time Williams got bigger he ended up injuring himself a lot. If you're gonna play internationally and the way he does, he can't be stacked - physical impossiblity. He needs to stay small.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 12 2008, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Not as fast as the sheep chasing him.
[/b]

Wha?
Hell, i'm still confused.

All hail king Shane.
Follow the likes of Darkman X, people!
[/b][/quote]

Shane Williams played Robinson numerous times and got slewed. He's only become consistently amazing aged 31; JR was consistently amazing from TIME ago. Regardless, SW is the best wing in the world atm.

As for 100m, I doubt either of them would be anything special, since acceleration is their strength. Not that that's a problem, since no one gets that much space in a rugby match... speed over 40m is more important than speed over 100.

Over a 100, btw, I'm guessing the fastest are the taller guys - the likes of Monye, Ojo, Varndell, Rokocoko etc. since stride length rather than pure legspeed comes more important.

Latest posts