• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to get an useful fullback

M

Martin1813

Hi everyone

One of the useless players in R08 is the fullback, always standing far from action, covering for opponent kicks. But when your side is attacking, he will never enter the line as long as a ruck is not formed in the 22. That's a little bit frustrating.

Do you think it is possible to find a way to modify the game in order to "tell" him to join sooner, ie the middle field ?

Thanks

He'll join the line when you enter the opposition 22, or if you win opposition lineout (sometimes)

My created fullback/player often enters the line (except test matches? dont know why)

Also there are a couple of set moves where the fullback enters into play....

On attack try the moves using the directional button but before the red light turns green pass it off to the back line.

The fullback will join the line somewhere depending on the play you called

Geeze imagine a young Christian Cullen on this game...

Stuff wet dreams are made of :L:L:L:L

My FB joins the line a lot. :S Even sometimes joining during defence. But thats rare (once every other game or so). Don't think there is a way to tell him. But Montgomery joins the line a fair bit during my Super 14 load with Natal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rollingpin-11 @ Nov 30 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
never joins
:bravo:[/b]

no. it's a **** game (graphics aside).

if you get a fullback with any pace at all then fielding kicks gives you space and he can run crossfield, either skin or draw the opposition fullback and its trytime. This is where he's useful.

Has to do with your fullback's stats really, Montgomery is good tends to come into the line a bit. The good fullbacks are also in the right place at the right time more often when fielding kicks or just being there in defence. Experiment a little and you'll notice the difference, like putting in a player who has fullback as a secondary position or someone that's just not that good.

My Fullback always joins, covers for wingers who have been tackled and everything, he's quite useful scored alot of tries too.

Fullback was the last star player i bought on World League mode, (Montgomery).
An average rated will see you through all game modes at any difficulty without too much difficulties. I reserved my money for Fly Halfs/Flankers/Scrum Half and centres.

When i play as Wales Lee Byrne seems to join quite frequentley even though he is crap in the game.

Probs because he is gas

Latest posts