• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to "unlock" the B&I Lions Tour in Rugby08

I had this today on 06. I assigned Tana Umaga the wrong faceID, it didn't exist.. and that code is actually a generated filename for a face, so if you made a face gave it that filename and assigned the ID of the player it happened on, you have one totally new face, which does not replace an existing one.

You must look in the roster and of the team it crashes on and then see what player has the 4625 code. If you look it up, you'll find it doesn't exist, this is why the game hangs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 31 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had this today on 06. I assigned Tana Umaga the wrong faceID, it didn't exist.. and that code is actually a generated filename for a face, so if you made a face gave it that filename and assigned the ID of the player it happened on, you have one totally new face, which does not replace an existing one.

You must look in the roster and of the team it crashes on and then see what player has the 4625 code. If you look it up, you'll find it doesn't exist, this is why the game hangs.[/b]

cheers mate. :)

actually i have never made a face and dont know how to look the 4625 up. although i am using a roster i downloaded off this forum. is there any way to fix this? thanks loads

Here I left the link with the .RAR file to unlock the Lions in Rugby 08 , all you have to do is extract all the files in the main directory of Rugby 08

It has all the kits
,minikits,etc.. of the Lions of 2005 .

If you want the Lions kits of 2009 I think Fa'atau has already made them.

hi finally got this lions tour to work and its great :D.

any idea how to change the roster for the lions before the tour without automatically changing the roster for the S14 lions?

thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (msey0002 @ Apr 3 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hi finally got this lions tour to work and its great :D.

any idea how to change the roster for the lions before the tour without automatically changing the roster for the S14 lions?

thanks[/b]

anyone? :)

The Lions have their own roster management, it's not related to s14 Lions. If you tour, you can choose your own squad, but if you do autofill it will add the ones in the roster that was last loaded.. not the rdf (default roster for game challenge and WL modes)

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to make a bit of a roster update for Rugby 08, following on from the success of my Lions Tour endeavour.

What I'd like to do essentially is to update the rosters of the unliscenced teams from Scotland, France and Italy, replacing generic players with their then real-life equivalents from the national teams.

Has anyone done this already perhaps?

There's two rosters. There's MUP roster (which has non-default teams added) and JdV's which is true to the original game. Teh Mite's roster might also be useful, i'm not sure what teams he did though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 20 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There's two rosters. There's MUP roster (which has non-default teams added) and JdV's which is true to the original game. Teh Mite's roster might also be useful, i'm not sure what teams he did though.[/b]

Ok, so i'm guessing that JdV's one wouldn't have the roster for the NZ Maori team right?

Also, what are the teams that are available to be unlocked? By which i mean teams that have hidden graphics files which make them playable ingame. The only hidden team that I've come across are the Cats or the previous Jo'burg Lions team that was tucked away in the RSA Lions Tour.

As far as i can tell..

Maori, Lions, S12 all-stars, World all-stars, Euro all-stars.. and Cats.. there probably more. Best person to ask is Pageski.

Does this mean that we can unlock these teams like we did the lions???

Also does anyone know where I can find the dc.english file to do the text fix???

You have to extract it from data.gob (in the main directory) and open it with xvi32.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobbieD_PL @ Apr 20 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 20 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's two rosters. There's MUP roster (which has non-default teams added) and JdV's which is true to the original game. Teh Mite's roster might also be useful, i'm not sure what teams he did though.[/b]

Ok, so i'm guessing that JdV's one wouldn't have the roster for the NZ Maori team right?

Also, what are the teams that are available to be unlocked? By which i mean teams that have hidden graphics files which make them playable ingame. The only hidden team that I've come across are the Cats or the previous Jo'burg Lions team that was tucked away in the RSA Lions Tour.
[/b][/quote]

You can use some hide teams cats, leeds, maoris neozelandais, european, world, north, south, super12 stars Lions but there are not all file fsh graphics in the data.gob of rugby08 if you want all name graphic ask me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
You can use some hide teams cats, leeds, maoris neozelandais, european, world, north, south, super12 stars Lions but there are not all file fsh graphics in the data.gob of rugby08 if you want all name graphic ask me[/b]

See, i told you.. just call him 'le grande maestro' :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pageski @ Apr 21 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You can use some hide teams cats, leeds, maoris neozelandais, european, world, north, south, super12 stars Lions but there are not all file fsh graphics in the data.gob of rugby08 if you want all name graphic ask me[/b]

If it's possible then that would be awesome.

Hi there. Not sure where to post this, but here seems fine enough.

Thought you guys might like a roster/ list of Lions 2009 players. I'm sure you already know, but..

Fullback
Lee Byrne (Wales)
Rob Kearney (Ireland)

Wing
Shane Williams (Wales)
Leigh Halfpenny (Wales)
Ugo Moyne (England)
Luke Fitzgerald (Ireland)
Tommy Bowe (Ireland)

Centre
Tom Shanklin (Wales)
Jamie Roberts (Wales)
Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland)
Keith Earls (Ireland)
Riki Flutey (England)

Fly Half
Ronan O'Gara (Ireland)
Stephen Jones (Wales)

Scrum Half
Mike Phillips (Wales)
Harry Ellis (England)
Tomas O'Leary (Ireland)

No 8
Jamie Heaslip (Ireland)
Andy Powell (Wales)

Flanker
David Wallace (Ireland)
Stephen Ferris (Ireland)
Alan Quainlan (Ireland)
Joe Worsley (England)
Martyn Williams (Wales)

Lock
Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales)
Paul O'Connell (Ireland) Captain
Donncha O'Callaghan (Ireland)
Simon Shaw (England)
Nathan Hines (Scotland)

Prop
Gethin Jenkins (Wales)
Adam Jones (Wales)
Andrew Sheridan (England)
Phil Vickery (England)
Euan Murray (Scotland)

Hooker
Jerry Flannery (Ireland)
Lee Mears (England)
Matthew Rees (Wales)

Well, we gotta drop 7 players, because of the 30 man squads in EA Rugby. So i would use.. that drops Monye, Bowe, Vickery, Shaw, O'Callaghan, Worsley and Quinlan. You can debate over Bowe, Worsley and DOC, but this is who i'd pick.

Fullback
Lee Byrne (Wales)
Rob Kearney (Ireland)

Wing
Shane Williams (Wales)
Leigh Halfpenny (Wales)
Luke Fitzgerald (Ireland)

Centre
Tom Shanklin (Wales)
Jamie Roberts (Wales)
Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland)
Keith Earls (Ireland)
Riki Flutey (England)

Fly Half
Ronan O'Gara (Ireland)
Stephen Jones (Wales)

Scrum Half
Mike Phillips (Wales)
Harry Ellis (England)
Tomas O'Leary (Ireland)

No 8
Jamie Heaslip (Ireland)
Andy Powell (Wales)

Flanker
David Wallace (Ireland)
Stephen Ferris (Ireland)
Martyn Williams (Wales)

Lock
Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales)
Paul O'Connell (Ireland) Captain
Nathan Hines (Scotland)

Prop
Gethin Jenkins (Wales)
Adam Jones (Wales)
Andrew Sheridan (England)
Euan Murray (Scotland)

Hooker
Jerry Flannery (Ireland)
Lee Mears (England)
Matthew Rees (Wales)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pageski @ Apr 22 2009, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobbieD_PL @ Apr 20 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 20 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

You can use some hide teams cats, leeds, maoris neozelandais, european, world, north, south, super12 stars Lions but there are not all file fsh graphics in the data.gob of rugby08 if you want all name graphic ask me
[/b][/quote]

I've already unlocked the NZ Maori and the British Lions teams.

I'm Interested in unlocking the All-Star teams and Leeds. I'm guessing that the files for these teams from 06 can be used? Also, what about the rosters for the above teams? Are they included by default?

Latest posts