• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I really hope Shepherdson is fit to play.

F

Fushitsusha

If Shepherdson is unable to play against Japan and Wales, it means that Baxter will get promoted to tight-head.

The last thing Australia wants to do is field a front row against Wales that features Dunning and Baxter.

Baxter shouldn't be in the squad, and right now I think Shepherdson is as ever bit as important as guys like Larkham, Vickerman and Smith in that if he doesn't play Australia will have to field one of the most embarassing prop combinations in their history.

I don't understand why Connolly just didn't pick Blake.

Sure, he's can't really cover loose-head, but Baxter can't play on EITHER side of the scrum.

I'm sure Dunning could switch over to tight head if they were really desperate, but Baxter's inclusion could really hurt the Wallabies in the tough games.

Im still amazed baxter was selected.

and hardman......................and huxley..................and barnes......

Well, Barnes is in the squad because he's the second best flyhalf in Australia.

He deserves to be there.

I think Huxley has earned his spot. As long as he doesn't perform the kickoffs.

However, Baxter and Hardman shouldn't be there, along with Lyons and Mitchell.

I disagree about huxley. Cameron Shepherd should be there in his place.
Agrees with Lyons and Mitchell. I would have liked to have seen Lachy Turner given a spot ahead of Mitchell or tuquiri. I cant stand tuquiri anymore.
Berrick Barnes hardly had a great year in Supers. He's just fortunate enuff to be around where theres no other suitable alternative apart from Giteau who played 10 for most of the year for the Force. If Connolly was serious about using Barnes for RWC he should have had him have a few run ons during Tri nations and against wales and fiji. Plus Barnes is still carrying an injury over there. I dont think he's ready for this.

Looks like Shepherdson is coming off the bench for our first game.
Fingers crossed he pulls thru ok.

BAxter can get f***ed seriously never seen a shitter prop and wooooooo him and Dunning together doesnt get much better.

Bring in Holmes 10x better than Baxter and Dunning, Sherperdson will be back and why didnt they bring over RODZILLA??

John Connolly is a big fan of hardman and coached him back when he helmed queensland. He likes the fact that he's consistantly reliable. Not excusing what was probably a poor selection, but suggesting why it may have occured.

and yeah, baxter is ****

Baxter is so bad that he was penalised a few times in the scrum against Japan.

Japan isn't exactly known for their scrum abilities.

baxter was **** against japan. i mean he's a big bloke, sucks as a prop but probably can't play anywhere else on the field

John Connolly is a big fan of hardman and coached him back when he helmed queensland. He likes the fact that he's consistantly reliable. Not excusing what was probably a poor selection, but suggesting why it may have occured.
[/b]

I watched Hardman play that first APC game against the tornados and just LoLd.

Got pinned for crooked throws in the first few lineouts. I was thinking if Connolly didnt mind a hooker who couldnt throw very well he shouldve at least picked Polota Nau whos also a **** thrower but fantastic in the scrum and in general play around the field with ball in hand.

<div class='quotemain'> John Connolly is a big fan of hardman and coached him back when he helmed queensland. He likes the fact that he's consistantly reliable. Not excusing what was probably a poor selection, but suggesting why it may have occured.
[/b]

I watched Hardman play that first APC game against the tornados and just LoLd.

Got pinned for crooked throws in the first few lineouts. I was thinking if Connolly didnt mind a hooker who couldnt throw very well he shouldve at least picked Polota Nau whos also a **** thrower but fantastic in the scrum and in general play around the field with ball in hand.
[/b][/quote]

I felt Polata-Nau improved greatly on his lineout throwing during the Pacific Nations.

The hookers chosen should've been Paul, Moore and Polata-Nau.