• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ideas for 'Create A Player' mode?

RichiiRugby

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
I dont know about everyone else, but one of my favourite features in the rugby series has been the ability to create players.

Ever since I played the Rugby 2004 I have been thinking about ways to improve it.

Here are my thoughts:

* Graphics on created players need to improve, and they need to look like everyone else
* There needs to be more diversity in the facial features, body type, hair style, facial hair etc of the player
* If you are a kicker you should be able to choose your goal kick run up.
* And players should be able to have their own unique playing style and traits, such as hard tackler, strong runner, prefers to offload before contact etc
* The players face should not be a shadow on their player profile, as other games can now do this
* Body type should be more adjustable, for example the option to make the arms wider or the legs bigger etc

Please post any other ideas on here which you think may add to the create modes :), even if you personally believe that a create a player mode is not at the top of the list.

Any add any other create modes that you feel the game might need. Such as create a team, or create a manager :)

P.S. Ive seen a lot of people asking for a 'Create A Stadium' mode. I personally think that this would be an amazing addition, but the chance of it being in the game is slim ,especially when FIFA and Madden dont have it.

P.S. Ive seen a lot of people asking for a 'Create A Stadium' mode. I personally think that this would be an amazing addition, but the chance of it being in the game is slim ,especially when FIFA and Madden dont have it.

Actually, Madden does have this option, in fact Madden allows you to create an entire team, all the way through their uniforms, their players and their stadium.

The key thing really is;
  • A few selections of faces (no need to go as indepth as Fifa, just make sure there is a wide range of faces available)
  • Where you are from
  • Drop-down box of Countrys (possibly commentators can use this information to make it more in-depth - for club games)
  • Height
  • Weight
  • Style (Sleeves, tucked shirt, Socks, Shoulder Pads, Scrum Cap etc
  • Attributes (Skills - a certain amount of points should be delegated to the user, and then the creator can decide what their players skill will be, an automatic upgrade system would show how a player goes from 70+ to 80+ on speed/catching/kicking depending on his performances - everyone starts somewhere)
  • Contract - Choose your starting team (your national team is chosen from the earlier choice) and your position

Done ;)

Main thing we need first is to edit existing player ratings...08 they were really far off sometimes...had to create the same player in order to get his rating where it should have been.

Basically as in-depth as Madden or Nba 2k11(I would say fifa but never played it)

• Simple head morphing(length,width,protrusion) for skull,nose,eyes, etc..
  • Have skill attributes restricted by physical things such as height and weight
  • I like the idea by the OP for the arms and leg,but for the whole body i.e. Madden body sliders
  • Tattoos Tattoo...oh wait i forgot tattoos
  • of course accessories:gloves headband(thick and thin), sock length,scrum hats,armbands,shoulder pads,compression shorts,nike pro combat gear!
  • Add soccer cleats/boot..whatever im american..but like the fifa creation center thing
  • all the Fifa hairstyles but add more beard/moustache combos (some really rugged full beard stuff)

• Last thing there should be a way to either submit your name somewhere either in the game or some other place so the Commentator can SAY YOUR REAL NAME
Cause i know my last name "COMPTON" would never be said

*Different styles of stepping and not just 1
*Different goal kick run up
*If the player is right handed they tackle better on the right side ( so if they are coming on the right they tackle harder ) and if the person is coming from the left obviously not an as hard tackle.

All Hair styles that players in the game have should be selectable!!!
In previous games there have been plenty of unique hairstyles allocated to various players but then only about 10 to choose from when creating a player!
Player animations should be changeable also... when creating a player you should be able to choose how he kicks, runs, fends, steps etc. this would really help to get a very unique created player!

In the last couple of games there was a limit of 8-9 letters for the player's name.
I found this very frustrating because I was unable to fit names such as A Mehrtens,
S.B Williams etc.
Also for some reason they did not include black head gear as a choice, which is very strange because it's probably the most popular.

Great thread with some great ideas, however has Create a Player Mode been confirmed yet?

They have said that it is very likely, due to the high demand for it :)

I personally hope it is, it would be a great addition to the game :)

i think there should be like in Madden a Hitstick and i think you should have more selections of boots like on FIFA for eg Nike Mercurials , Adidas , Puma and stuff
and depending on how good your created players agility is , thats how good he should be a stepping like if it was 85+ then he should step like quade cooper and if it was like 40 he should step like tony woodcock
and you should be able to pick how high his socks are just like on WWE 2011 when you can pick how long his armbands are
and the ITM cup should get added to the game
and there should be fights on the game depending on how agressive the players are
and with the hairstyles you should add in dreadlocks , and a fade , and hair kind of like luke mcalisters , and hair with a rats tail

It would be good to see tattoos on the creat a player.Also if you could choose vintage jerseys (1995 springboks or first super 12 jerseys)

It would be good if HB Studios could just base the create a player mode on the fifa create a player format which is pretty flawless and established now after ea's many attempts year by year. If they could bring in the game face tool which is available for Fifa 11 then that would be great. Also the Creation Centre for Fifa 11 is an excellent feature which could be incorporated into the new rugby ***le, though I'm sure the guys at HB Studios have already considered it.

i think there should be like in Madden a Hitstick and i think you should have more selections of boots like on FIFA for eg Nike Mercurials , Adidas , Puma and stuff
and depending on how good your created players agility is , thats how good he should be a stepping like if it was 85+ then he should step like quade cooper and if it was like 40 he should step like tony woodcock
and you should be able to pick how high his socks are just like on WWE 2011 when you can pick how long his armbands are
and the ITM cup should get added to the game
and there should be fights on the game depending on how agressive the players are
and with the hairstyles you should add in dreadlocks , and a fade , and hair kind of like luke mcalisters , and hair with a rats tail

Don't think there will been any fighting in the game,maybe just the same old pushing, i wouldn't want to see fighting in this game.

HB Studios should make sure that when u create a player that he looks realistic compared to the other players in the game, like in NBA 2k11 .

Lets face it Rugby 08 CAP was abysmal. They looked like boggle heads and they ran like re-tards... HB need to pick their game up in this area. I like the models used in the Madden games, where the heads were restricted but still transferred into the game realistically. If this is what it takes to make CAP realistic then do it.

Joe_Dirt_Mullet.jpg
This Hair must be included

have a a rugby store like they do on the madden and fifa games so when international or domestic teams get new kit you can update them

Latest posts