• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Increasing AI difficulty

B

BOKean

is it possible to alter the ai tendancies some how?
the boffins at planetcricket have done it for ea cricket07... would it be possible for a rugby game?
maybe changing the tendancy of kicking, running the ball, spreading the ball out wide, random ruck wins etc?

am i dreaming? probably - its just the game is tooo easy, the cpu never attacks etc etc etc :wall:

Oh, of course it's possible....you just need a programmer who can get to the backbones of that particular niche of the game engine and learn how the AI code works and alter it accordingly.

The more appropriate question i think is: Who can increase AI difficulty?

from what i remember by going through the files there is no file to change the ai dificulty and such for this game.

sorry

from what i remember by going through the files there is no file to change the ai dificulty and such for this game.

sorry [/b]

There isn't a file, but as I said, a talented anough programmer could modify it using delphi to get to its back bones and recoding it from scratch.

Yeah thats right...sorry...was just talking bout delphi borland programming and getting at the backbones of programs using it in software design and development the other day and I'm kinda fixed on it. Sorry, my bad.

I thought once it was complied you couldnt really alter code ? Can you just decompile it ? I thought thats what source code was for ?

it depends on the code, i havnt been able to find a c decompiler. i can decompile java if that helps lol

I thought once it was complied you couldnt really alter code ? Can you just decompile it ? I thought thats what source code was for ? [/b]

I'm pretty sure you can alter/reverse engineer any compiled code. I'll be back with a definite answer in about 9 hours!

<div class='quotemain'> I thought once it was complied you couldnt really alter code ? Can you just decompile it ? I thought thats what source code was for ? [/b]

I'm pretty sure you can alter/reverse engineer any compiled code. I'll be back with a definite answer in about 9 hours!
[/b][/quote]

I wouldnt have thought so, surely some companies / military use bespoke compilers that couldnt be decompiled without knowing how its been compiled in the first place ? Im pretty sure its not that simple, if it was games companies would be decompiling other companies code all over the shop to see how they have achieved things ??

I could be very wrong though. :D

That does (or did) happen! For obvious reasons though, no company is going to say that they did an unauthorised decompiling of a rivals game's code.

More often than not games companies choose not to do it today, due to it leading them to lawsuits. This would most likely be because of the breaches in employee confidentiality contracts that are a frequent occurence nowadays.

Mind you this is all old info from a games mag about two years ago. So, some stuff could've changed since then.

It's been confirmed! These days games are compiled such that their code is so well hidden that most programmers can't get to it...the same goes other pieces of higher end software.

However, it is possible to get to the code no matter what. It just takes an outrageously good programmer with outrageous amounts of time on his hands.

Exactly. Hence my info that only games companies good realistically do it.

For reasons of legality, I suspect they wouldn't do it nowadays.

oh crap

rugby 08 better be a decent challenge without being unrealistic - ie 90m punts, every ruck turned over etc etc etc..

i was exagurating - i can still flog the allblacks on full difficulty when playing as japan...

but that is how ea translates difficulty - not to smart ai attack and defense

Latest posts