• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

India in Australia

<div class='quotemain'> Right so day 1 has been and gone, doesn't seem to have been anything overly controversial reported while India are ripping into the Aussie batsmen with them currently 62-5, but not in full control yet as Symonds and Gilchrist are at the crease, knock them over cheaply and then we're in business. [/b]
Are you inferring that you are supporting india? :blink:

[/b][/quote]

Ha! The world supports any team playing the Aussie cricketers because you guys are bloody too good!

Quite true GG!

I very often hear in the cricketing world that foreigners support their own country and whoever plays against Australia!

<div class='quotemain'> Right so day 1 has been and gone, doesn't seem to have been anything overly controversial reported while India are ripping into the Aussie batsmen with them currently 62-5, but not in full control yet as Symonds and Gilchrist are at the crease, knock them over cheaply and then we're in business. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

Not really just referring to the business of India being in control if they dismissed Gilchrist and Symonds cheaply, which they didn't manage to do but still are so it makes for a cracking test match and Australia will really have to dig deep to make it 17 in a row.

In fairness I just want this to go the distance so I can catch the last 2 days live when I get back to Dublin

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Not really just referring to the business of India being in control if they dismissed Gilchrist and Symonds cheaply, which they didn't manage to do but still are so it makes for a cracking test match and Australia will really have to dig deep to make it 17 in a row.

In fairness I just want this to go the distance so I can catch the last 2 days live when I get back to Dublin
[/b][/quote]

Let's just hope India can stick it up the Aussies and keep them in the hot sweltering Perth heat and bat for a day and a half. I'm predicting big 100's (as Bill Lawry would say) from Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman...... and maybe Ganguly and Dhoni.

At least a 500 run lead to be safe and a day and a half to bowl the Aussies over is needed, I can feel it coming.

india are 9/511 in day 2

really sticking it, on a good batting wicket

kumble and harby put on a good partnership, and now kumble on 72

this man kumble has really illustrated what a class act he is, both on the and off the field - fully deserved all accolades he gets.

his batting has been nothing short of leadership, when they appear the tail cant wag, he orchestrates the rotation of strike well at the bottom order to get the most out of the bowlers batting ability - see SCG test where they lost 3 wickets in 1 over, all because kumble was stuck at the other end, today he has done india prowd - is he the next indian legend, to go with gaviskar, tendies, and kapil dev - i think so

australia clearly starting to feel the effects of no warny or mcgrath

now how about this racism charge getting droped?!?! this is the biggest load of shite that ive ever seen!!

I was a bit annoyed about it when I heard he got off as well.

However, I think the way Hayden, Clarke and Ponting carried on when it occurred would have influenced the Judge's decision in provided more leniencey (ultimately letting Singh off). The three of them were borderline bullies.

It's all a bit too serious, I think most of us can attest to the fact that we've had worse insults thrown at us on and off the pitch, and have to deal with it without being blessed by independent commissions.

Nonetheless, I can assure you, if it was an Australian who called an Indian/Creole player a 'monkey' the international (mainly sub-continent and U.K) press would be in a f***ing uproar.

disgraceful

he has basically been pinned for saying it - and then it was downgraded to an insult - not racial vilification

somewhere along the lines, he has admitted to saying it - not sure where u can read between the lines, but for still getting pinned for saying monkey and getting a downgrade so he can play - doesant change the fact he said it

NOW WATCH THE AUSSIE CROWDS ALL GET UP AND SING MONKEY BACK AT SINGH - MONKEY CHANTS WILL GO LEFT RIGHT N CENTRE

THE ICC HAS OFFICIALLY LABELED 'MONKEY' NON RACIAL

NOW THE CROWD WILL HAVE THEIR TURN, AND I TELL YOU IT WONT BE PRETTY...HE WONT WANNA BE ON THE FENCE AT FINE LEG

i originally thought he didnt say it, as he denied the whole time, and there was insufficient evidence

my stance has changed based on this appeal - he did say it, and now its not racial

FARK OFF!!!!

I know previously I did say I didn’t think monkey was a racist term

And I still don’t think it is

But I’ll be damned if we can go along and do monkey chants to all dark players and get away with it - but the ICC now has set the precedent that we can â€" as fans and players + match fine

Best solution was to drop the charge fully, and say insufficient evidence

Now the ICC shoot themselves in the foot â€" monkey not deemed racist

See how that flows in the future

I wanna see suits at the ODI’s of Turbans drapped in bananas……just to embarrass the ICC, and show them what ramifications, this decision has made.

Sledging will cease fullstop in cricket one day â€" the light hearted sledge is finished

What next â€" we cant call someone a wanker…..what a joke

I suppose if Symonds n co just got along with the job at hand, and didn’t go running/dobbing â€" this would never have happened

I feel ill

Funnily enough whilst it will be full of spite from the fans

Another good idea would be to boycott all India games

All fans turn their back in protest of the bullying tactics that caved the ICC and CA

But it wont happen â€" boycotting these days is impossible â€" potentially could have been done back prior to the 70’s, but today its too diverse to get a unified boycott

So bring on the monkey suits, bananas and lets go ape shit…its not deemed racist anymore, so the cops/security will just have to put up with it, and so will the Indians

ICC claim its for the benefit of the sport for the tour to continue â€" they are right

CA should boycott the next Indian tour, or atleast threaten them with conditions

ICC, CA and BCCI has collectively created Cricket biggest monster â€" worse than Bodyline…….

BOLLYLINE!!!!

Good series win to India in one dayers. Couple of humourous moments, Gillys attempted stumping and Roys shoulder charge on that streaker...

Congrats to India. Harbi carried on like a pork chop a bit too much though.

James Hopes should be put in front of a firing squad for his strike rate.

Roy does train with the Brisbane Broncos every now and then. He's obviously learnt something!

Text book shoulder charge...it hardly even affected Roy at all.

So theres talk of him having to face a judiciary or something An Tarbh?

Roy does train with the Brisbane Broncos every now and then. He's obviously learnt something!

[/b]

Well players aren't supposed to physically assault a rival player, official or a spectator, so if the streaker didn't pay in, he'll be grand then. It's all a bit daft really, probably just some journos trying to make more of a thing out of it, apparently Greg Chappel got away with hitting a streaker on the arse with his bat so no reason why anything should happen to Symonds.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Well players aren't supposed to physically assault a rival player, official or a spectator, so if the streaker didn't pay in, he'll be grand then. It's all a bit daft really, probably just some journos trying to make more of a thing out of it, apparently Greg Chappel got away with hitting a streaker on the arse with his bat so no reason why anything should happen to Symonds.
[/b][/quote]

Hasnt Symonds done this sort of thing before to a streaker? Good luck to him I say. If theres one thing I hate during a big sporting event its a streaker. I mean why are they always male nowadays?
Bring back Erica Roe, on second thoughts I bet those two beasts are pretty saggy now!

Apparently Cricket Australia are thinking about disciplinary action because in Symond's contract, it says he isn't allowed to assault members of the crowd.

What bullshit.

The streaker sprinted at Symonds and ran in to his shoulder and whilst Symonds did move a bit, it was to provide him a more stable footing if he was hit. That should be his defence to the ******* administration.

I laughed my ass off when the Aussies lost, made my day. Listening to Healy, Chappel, Lawry, Taylor etc making excuses and stuff was a joke, they are all a disgrace. Especially Chappel, absolute chump.

Also, after the game they started showing highlights of Adam Gilchrist instead of the highlights from India's match winning performance. Granted it was Gilly's last game, but f***ing hell those Aussies sure know how to play it bias when it comes to cricket.

Absolutely made my heart warm seeing the Indian's go crazy in front of the stoned face Ricky Ponting and co.

Latest posts