• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Information!!??

G

Griff

Guest
It seems to have been an incredibly long time since are last snippet of information about WCR 2. Any chance of some more news from Ian and the team?

What’s going on?

How far are we away from a video of the in game footage?
 
U

umosay

Guest
Originally posted by Griff@Nov 17 2004, 09:25 PM
It seems to have been an incredibly long time since are last snippet of information about WCR 2. Any chance of some more news from Ian and the team?

What’s going on?

How far are we away from a video of the in game footage?
I'm guessing quite a while... they are probably tied up developing Brian Lara International Cricket
 
Sorry for the wait guys but we are still tirelessly working behind the scenes to get WCR2 signed up. Unfortunately these are notoriously slow processes in the games industry, so no need to worry we're just going through the formalities.

It is true that our team has expanded to such that we are now developing on both Brian Lara International Cricket and WCR2 and great progress is being made on each one.

Once the publisher is on board and everything's signed up we'll be able to let everyone know, but until them we have to keep stum I'm afraid
!


Cheers

Ian
 
U

umosay

Guest
Originally posted by [email protected]@Nov 23 2004, 09:27 PM
Sorry for the wait guys but we are still tirelessly working behind the scenes to get WCR2 signed up. Unfortunately these are notoriously slow processes in the games industry, so no need to worry we're just going through the formalities.

It is true that our team has expanded to such that we are now developing on both Brian Lara International Cricket and WCR2 and great progress is being made on each one.

Once the publisher is on board and everything's signed up we'll be able to let everyone know, but until them we have to keep stum I'm afraid
!


Cheers

Ian
Thanks for the update Ian
 
R

reyalpevlewtrepus

Guest
Hopefully the sequal will be decent. At least it couldn't be any worse. I returned the game after 4 or 5 days due to the fact that it got so boring with its pathetic gameplay like R2004
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
Originally posted by reyalpevlewtrepus@Nov 23 2004, 11:10 PM
Hopefully the sequal will be decent. At least it couldn't be any worse. I returned the game after 4 or 5 days due to the fact that it got so boring with its pathetic gameplay like R2004
Fair play on your opinion, but to equate the gameplay like R2004's is a bit of a reach.

Actually, one helluva reach.

I stand by that the game is damn fun and a great foundation for future incarnations. Plus, we're not waiting 6 years for a sequel as we did for JLR.

Huzzah!
 
J

-JJ-

Guest
Hey Ian,

This is a quote from the Community Liaison for Codemasters Sports Games at the Codemasters forums (see:http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=638307#post638307). "Rubbergenius" is the guys forum name.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("Rubbergenius")</div>
"On a personal note, I'd like to see us sign up WCR2 - the first one gained good reviews and I'd like to see another rugby game under the Codies banner (after Jonah Lomu Rugby years ago).

Don't have a clue on whether we actually would do or not, but it's our kind of game!"[/b]
It sounds like Codemasters would be a good partner for the WCR series aswell as BLC.
 
Originally posted by JJ-@Nov 25 2004, 10:33 AM
It sounds like Codemasters would be a good partner for the WCR series aswell as BLC.
We've certainly worked with some really great people on the development of Brian Lara Cricket International thus far and they've helped us mould the game into something we're becoming very proud of.
 
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Guest
hey ian you need any game testers?...im your man...i was the no.1 jonah lomu rugby player in nz....well auckland...but any where else out of auckland sux...


cmon mate..fly me in to the uk or where ever you are based and you will have a certified no.1 game
 
U

umosay

Guest
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Dec 1 2004, 11:17 AM
....well auckland...but any where else out of auckland sux...
Pffffffft, round the wrong way.

Anywhere but Auckland owns.
 
N

neh

Guest
auckland aint really part of new zealand init, its more like pacificasia
 
A

All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan

Guest
Originally posted by neh@Dec 1 2004, 12:25 PM
auckland aint really part of new zealand init, its more like pacificasia
sounds about right
 
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Guest
i knew i was gonna coz strife with that comment
....u dam rite its pacificasia
...damn these asian chicks are easy
......
 
Top