• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Instruction Manual - controls mistake > guard button

Ziplock

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
I just wanted to point out to people that in the UK PS3 instruction manual it lists to do GUARD you hold L2 , but i found out its actually hold L1 ( not L2 ) ..................... & for those that dont know, its a button for when defending , holding the Guard button ( L1 ) makes your controlled player always face the ball carrier , so it can be used to help defend on your own try line , or even just help line up a try saving tackle with the fullback Etc .

Last edited:
I just wanted to point out to people that in the UK PS3 instruction manual it lists to do GUARD you hold L2 , but i found out its actually hold L1 ( not L2 ) ..................... & for those that dont know, its a button for when defending , holding the Guard button ( L1 ) makes your controlled player always face the ball carrier , so it can be used to help defend on your own try line , or even just help line up a try saving tackle with the fullback Etc .

I haven't been able to get to grips with that as yet. It seemed to work for me with L2, but I'll certainly be giving L1 a go now and seeing if that's the case.

I always envisaged that it'd allow you to keep your defensive player facing the attacking one, but slow him down a touch in the "going forwards or backwards area" so that you could move him laterally really well along the defensive line whilst he faces forwards. If it's not the case, can it please be made to do that? :D

@TRF C A ........ thts exactly what it does do ......... im in the UK & got my game from a UK shop , & in the instruction manual it says hold L2 , but L2 doesn't do anything except change player , holding L1 makes him move slightly slower with his arms out while looking at the ball carrier, its good for lining up fullback tackles or defending at the side of the Ruck on your own try line . oh & its the PS3 instruction manual i have .

when a player is 1on1 with my fullback i take control of him and hold GUARD while back peddling and once we get close i change direction to make the tackle. seems to work pretty good

@TRF C A ........ thts exactly what it does do ......... im in the UK & got my game from a UK shop , & in the instruction manual it says hold L2 , but L2 doesn't do anything except change player , holding L1 makes him move slightly slower with his arms out while looking at the ball carrier, its good for lining up fullback tackles or defending at the side of the Ruck on your own try line . oh & its the PS3 instruction manual i have .

I'm pretty sure mine said L2 as well! I'll be giving this a go immediately, thanks!

they could of at least made the guard mode have a larger radius to attempt tackles...sometimes ill be running in guard trying to time the tackle then end up watching him run right next to me..and then miss-time the dive tackle..lol..so many last minute tries against me in MP

when a player is 1on1 with my fullback i take control of him and hold GUARD while back peddling and once we get close i change direction to make the tackle. seems to work pretty good

I will try a few games tonight and see if this works on 360 games. (L bumper on 360). I play end to end cam. Anyone got any preferences to the "defence up/defence down" camera in relation to the best way to defend PARTICULARLY full back being exposed one on one with attacker.

Latest posts