• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Intensive care?!?

OK, after having played all, night intensive caret is managable, and playable if you are not a weak team, otherwise its a waste of time. I have to say that getting the hang of this game has not changed my mind. This game is awful. It just doent play anything like rugby. For instance i never kick, never. Why? because i dont need to. I can hold the ball while i crash it up from one end to the other. I have never needed to do a clearing kick, running out is as safe as houses. Same goes for the opposition though. They can hold the ball from one end to the other aswell, except they will kick all the time unecessarily giving you more ball. So it goes like this, you get the ball and remain is possesion for somtimes the entire half, I scored 3 tries without the opponent ever touching the ball. Its like each team is given half an hour with the ball, its just ridiculous. The offloads are just terrible, you have no control over them, I would rather they were turned off. This game is no step forward from WRC, it just dosent play anthing like rugby. Its just plain boring. I have to say, I think RL2 is better. The only redeeming thing is the career mode, it has cool training games and is fun building up your team. Its just a shame that the game plays like league with a million tackles, and defence is just no fun. Sorry for ranting, Im still reeling over this game.

maybe his humour is like yours. although I know you a lot better kaftka.
I would love to hire it out but only have a pc so can't. and also I don't have $200 nz to spend on 2 rugby games released so close together.

I am defintely waiting for ea06 to come out that would be stupid to right this game off yet. strong strides are being made in the editing department. I just think it would be nice if people didn't go crazy when someone mentions something bad about the game.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 4 2006, 12:43 AM
OK, after having played all, night intensive caret is managable, and playable if you are not a weak team, otherwise its a waste of time. I have to say that getting the hang of this game has not changed my mind. This game is awful. It just doent play anything like rugby. For instance i never kick, never. Why? because i dont need to. I can hold the ball while i crash it up from one end to the other. I have never needed to do a clearing kick, running out is as safe as houses. Same goes for the opposition though. They can hold the ball from one end to the other aswell, except they will kick all the time unecessarily giving you more ball. So it goes like this, you get the ball and remain is possesion for somtimes the entire half, I scored 3 tries without the opponent ever touching the ball. Its like each team is given half an hour with the ball, its just ridiculous. The offloads are just terrible, you have no control over them, I would rather they were turned off. This game is no step forward from WRC, it just dosent play anthing like rugby. Its just plain boring. I have to say, I think RL2 is better. The only redeeming thing is the career mode, it has cool training games and is fun building up your team. Its just a shame that the game plays like league with a million tackles, and defence is just no fun. Sorry for ranting, Im still reeling over this game.
Am I going insane or was your first post in this thread about not having any ball, but your last post is about never losing the ball ?

<

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 4 2006, 12:44 AM
I just think it would be nice if people didn't go crazy when someone mentions something bad about the game.
We don't - I just think it's really irresponsible to moan about something which you haven't seen. Paddy, CeeJay and people who have played the game and have criticisms are more than entitled to state their belief.

If you haven't played it, stay neutral. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 4 2006, 01:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 4 2006, 01:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 4 2006, 12:36 AM
lol. that was abuse and if you start doing it as well as ripper I am off this site for good.

no i have not played the game so what. that has nothing to do with this.
why does everyone say you have to play the game to have an opinion or comment on it. I have based nearly all my comments from people who have played the game. so they must all be wrong as well then and only the good ones like yours must be right.
1) You need to learn to take a joke.
2) If you haven't played it you're in no position to say what it's like. How can you shape your opinion on something you haven't played? [/b]
I somehow doubt ripper jokes.

if you play that line i could argue many people didn't play rl 2 enough.

I base it on what other people say. and as i said i don't have the funds like some people to splash out on a potenial dud.

you do read reviews right before buying a game etc. you don't blindly buy it. I think most people would be the same unless they are truely loaded with lots of cash.

if i had a spre $100 to splash out for sure I would already have the game.

I am staying netural until ea06 comes out. in the meantime I am making comments based on other people who have played the game.

On a more funny note, when I started my career mode, guess who was on th transfer list? Kane Haftka! A rather useless prop going real cheap!! Nothing a bit of training wont fix though.

Who the hell is Kane Haftka?

And why the f*** is he a Prop!!??!

Stupid move Trev, I will Bathe your Veils...

Originally posted by esoj+Feb 4 2006, 12:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Feb 4 2006, 12:49 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 4 2006, 01:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
lol. that was abuse and if you start doing it as well as ripper I am off this site for good.

why does everyone say you have to play the game to have an opinion or comment on it. I have based nearly all my comments from people who have played the game. so they must all be wrong as well then and only the good ones like yours must be right.

2) If you haven't played it you're in no position to say what it's like. How can you shape your opinion on something you haven't played?

I base it on what other people say. and as i said i don't have the funds like some people to splash out on a potenial dud.

you do read reviews right before buying a game etc. you don't blindly buy it. I think most people would be the same unless they are truely loaded with lots of cash.

I am staying netural until ea06 comes out. in the meantime I am making comments based on other people who have played the game. [/b]
Its not a case of playing a game for long enough, you havent played it at all. By all means read what people have said and make a decision to purchase or not, but joining in the debate without playing it youself is just dumb !

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 4 2006, 12:41 AM
...Oh, and Len wasn't serious about his Sidhe "accusation"/"abuse"
Lol, do you call me Len in reference to this man?:

16.jpg

Your not crazy Knowlseyroader, it went from one extreme to the other in the blink of an eye. THe oppositon could theoretically hold the ball for just as long as me if they didnt kick. Most games end with possesion about 70 to 90 percent in my favour, even the games i lose.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 4 2006, 12:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 4 2006, 12:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 4 2006, 12:41 AM

...Oh, and Len wasn't serious about his Sidhe "accusation"/"abuse"
Lol, do you call me Len in reference to this man?:

16.jpg
[/b]
Yes.

I was kind of hoping that when I first called you that you'd scream "Don't call me Len, I am a Bishop!"

Or at least someone to say "You must not call him Len. It's Bishop Brennan"

So I could say, "right. Len len Len len Len Len Len..."

Perhaps you should kick the thing then. You can't score if you're in your own 22 can you.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Feb 4 2006, 01:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Feb 4 2006, 01:54 AM)</div>
Originally posted by esoj@Feb 4 2006, 12:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

2) If you haven't played it you're in no position to say what it's like. How can you shape your opinion on something you haven't played?

I am staying netural until ea06 comes out. in the meantime I am making comments based on other people who have played the game.
Its not a case of playing a game for long enough, you havent played it at all. By all means read what people have said and make a decision to purchase or not, but joining in the debate without playing it youself is just dumb ! [/b]
not really. I can still make comments on the game. as I am using information from people that have played the game. you don't need to play the game to know that the sprint bar is rubbish.

by using your logic almost no one should be commenting on ea06 as they haven't played the game.

Yes I can score from in my own 22, I rust pass it out, get tackled, recycle aand repeat all the way from one end to the other, it only stops if I score a try or if I knock on or something.

In one game I needed a try to win, and time was up, I kept the ball alive until the clock read 180 mins without losing it. Funnily enough i didnt get the try in the end as that big dummy side step animation made me run out.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 4 2006, 12:59 AM
So I could say, "right. Len len Len len Len Len Len..."
And I could say: "Don't call me Len, you little prick. I'm a bishop!"

<

I like this game. I can't find a good picture of Bishop Brennan for my avatar....

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 4 2006, 01:00 AM
Hes a lock, sorry my mistake. Need I remind you who Kane Haftka is?
I swear I put myself down for 1st 5 or Centre... Meh, maybe they needed more forwards... Of course, I can play anywhere...

Well, I have this game for another 6 days if I want a refund from EB, so I will at least finish career mode. I would hate to think that I jumped the gun, so I will keep playing for 6 more days, and make a less heated decision. I am on holiday at the mo so I will get some time in.

Originally posted by esoj+Feb 4 2006, 01:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Feb 4 2006, 01:05 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 4 2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Feb 4 2006, 12:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

Its not a case of playing a game for long enough, you havent played it at all. By all means read what people have said and make a decision to purchase or not, but joining in the debate without playing it youself is just dumb !
not really. I can still make comments on the game. as I am using information from people that have played the game. you don't need to play the game to know that the sprint bar is rubbish.

by using your logic almost no one should be commenting on ea06 as they haven't played the game. [/b]
People arnt really commenting on 06 apart from maybe about videos they have seen or wondering about similarities between it and 05. I certainly havent heard anyone say that its crap without playing it. They have doubts yes, but youve just slammed a game you havent even played and it looks like that was your intention all along.

All a bit PP in my opinion.

How can you discuss something using other peoples points of view ?
<
<

Latest posts