• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting developmnents at Gateshead...

V

Vambo

they have confirmed they are in talks over a permanent move to Newcastle Falcons' Kingston Park ground, could operate a full-time squad in NL1, are planning to apply for a 2012 Super League licence and could even change their name.

They've virtually got the NL2 ***le in the bag and seem to have big plans for the future.

Newcastle RL?

Good on them for trying and it's a positive move etc, but I think Gateshead have well and truly burnt their bridges with Super League after 1999.

Ugh! You can't do that! They'll ruin the pitch!

Everyone knows bloody whippet racing ruins the grass!

Ugh! You can't do that! They'll ruin the pitch!

Everyone knows bloody whippet racing ruins the grass! [/b]

No Worries about that mate, Newcastle won't be in the Guinness Premiership soon!!!

Yeah.

Gateshead could always move to Franklins Gardens, because they won't last long in the GP either..not with Lazy Carlos there anyway.

Good on them for trying and it's a positive move etc, but I think Gateshead have well and truly burnt their bridges with Super League after 1999. [/b]

I don't think so if they prove themselves to be a long-term viable club then i do not see any reason for the RFL to look at there bid seriously in 2012.

I think in the next few years a couple of clubs might make a run for super league, i dont think the 5 that missed out the first time around will be the only ones to apply in 2012.

I dont see how they can be successful based in Gateshead surely it would be better to be based in Newcastle.