• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

iPhone 4

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens

That's me upgrading at the end of the month then. I've got one thing to say to that:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pity my contract renewal was 3 months ago :( and so upgraded from my 3G iPhone to 3GS

Saw alot of people jizzing themselves over this announcement,
I've never really been a fan of iphones (would rather an ipod touch and a phone) but this had got me interested :p

Sorry? What was that? I couldn't hear you for watching the Flash youtube video on my N900... Could you see that on an iPhone?

Seriously? How come Apple can make such mediocre changes and produce such a buzz? Video calling, never seen that on a phone before. Oh hang on yes I have and no-one ever uses the bloody thing, ever! The screen will probably be great, but it won't take HTC long before it trumpts it, anyone see the screen on the HD2, that was impressive. My current phone has scratch resistant glass screen, I don't buy into the marketing buzz that they have somehow 'created' brand new metal and glass composites that are better than those which dedicated companies can produce. I highly doubt the A4 processor is anywhere neer as quick as the likes of snapdragon. Just to top it off, they finally support multitasking and make out that it's some kind of revolution that's never been seen before on a mabile phone. 5MPixel is nothing to shout about.

You might be able to tell that I'm not a fan of the iPhone. I'm not denying it's an overall great bit of kit that works remarkably well, but what I dislike is that soo many people just get sucked into their marketing spin that some don't realise there's other options which don't require over priced contracts to get. For me, this is nowhere neer the kind of improvements Apple needed to make to keep up with the rest. Windows Mobile 7 is just around the corner which will finally bring a trully revolutionary operating system to the competitors and considering the specifications that phones from the likes of HTC and LG are already at, and the rate they improve, I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 4 is already lagging behind.

Sorry for the rant.

I'd never have another phone. There are probably better phones out there, but I absolutely love everything about it.

You might get charged £200 for example to end your contract early. You then go on Mazuma mobile and flog your phone for £227 (at the moment) quid. Win.

Use the old 'not fit for purpose' routine... Suddenly your current one has developed multiple battery and connection faults etc. they'll soon relent and give you a replacement.

I have a natural hate of all things apple, hence me refusing to get an ipod (seriously my creative zen is a sexy beast). iPhones have never done it for me either, probably because a hell of alot of their owners are pretentious gits. (no offence guys but you know what I mean)

(seriously my creative zen is a sexy beast)
Wehey, i've got a Zen as well :p

My dad has an ipod touch, so if there's any apps and stuff i want to play on i use that, but i think it's very much a novelty/gimmicky thing, my phone can do everything i've seen an iphone can do, so i'm happy enough with that.

The apps thing is something I will never understand I think. It's such a massive part of the iPhone experience, but would be something I would never ever use. Using Olyy's wording, gimmicky is exactly how I see it. Would maybe play around with a few, but would get bored after a few hours and never use the things again. I would certainly never pay for the privellage...

Mobile internet is another thing I personally don't find all that usefull. I use it very very occasionally on my phone (where it does work well), but eventually just find it easier to wait till I'm home and sit in front of a full sized keyboard with a full sized monitor in front of me. Probably helps that I'm not obsessed with broadcasting my life/knowing what others are doing every minute of my day via facebook or twitter!

Music playing capabilities are the only media thing I use on my phone. Mine works quite well with 12GB space (8Gb on board + 4GB SDHC), but the shuffle feature is useless. Windows Mobile 7 with built in Zune HD software really intices me, especially as many say the Zune HD has the best software of all mp3 players.

I currently pay £13 a month + VAT on Orange, and for that I can usually get a newly released top of the line mobile when I upgrade (on an 18month contract). I got my current LG Arena when it was just released to free, so I can't justify the amount they charge for the iPhone.

Don't get me started on the iPad :p

I'd be absolutely knackered without mobile internet. But then again I do own TRF and need access at any time, just in case.

I'm no big Apple fan and I would absolutely love to smash whoever invented iTunes right in the face with a keyboard, it is a controlling, unpleasant, nosey piece of software, but I just absolutely love the phone. Now, if only it let you set your own message tone...

They'll be released here sometime in July, near the end of the month, so far no price has been mentioned. 3Gs is 580â'¬ or so for 16G model which is a LOT considering the prices abroad but they're not sim-locked and don't come with an obligatory phone contract.
We were going to buy one for my boyfriend, he's an apple-geek who has managed not to buy one so far, but since his birthday is the 1st of July he'll get his gift later this year.

If I ever win the lottery I'm getting one for myself. And since I'll be swimming in money, I'll buy one for the cat too. First I'll get a cat.

I am going to get one, but it will be just after launch, due to the fact I am abroad when it is launched... My phone is dying on me slowly, not happy... may drop it and claim on the insurance ;-)