• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Nations Cup and Tbilissi Cup

If you can supply a source saying that Jack McGrath is a scrummaging prodigy I will gladly admit to being wrong. Of course, if you're doing your usual thing of, eh, lying I believe they call it, to fit your point I'll accept an apology on behalf of all the posters you've once again gone out of your way too annoy.

Read BG8's posts. He's been hyping him up for ages, and for a prop who is said to have "destroyed" RaboPro12 props I would have expected better than getting nearly shunted over your own line against the standard of front row opposition Georgia have lined up. Was better in the second half though, when Georgia brought some 19 year old on.

Amusing that you and Snooopy Snoopy Dog tried to portray that I was hyping up the Georgians despite specifically saying that I didn't rate the props right near the start of the thread.

Last edited:
Well we won despite our scrum apparently wearing rollerskates. Probably the toughest test done but performance still needs a lot of improvement.

Read BG8's posts. He's been hyping him up for ages, and for a prop who is said to have "destroyed" RaboPro12 props I would have expected better against the standard of front row opposition Georgia have lined up.

Amusing that you tried to portray that I was hyping up the Georgians despite specifically saying that I didn't rate the props right near the start of the thread.

Did you read anything I've said about hyperbole? Is Adam Jones only Rabodirect standard? Did Jack not get a shove on in most of the scrum? Maybe not lying but a lot of stretching of the truth.

Last edited:
Missed it. How Georgia get on, despite the loss. Was it there full team? Could they repeat RWC 2011 and push some of the big ten, if given the chance?

Missed it. How Georgia get on, despite the loss. Was it there full team? Could they repeat RWC 2011 and push some of the big ten, if given the chance?

Don't think anyone would have complained if they'd won. 6 and 13 caught my eye a few times.

Not really a full team, especially in the front row and to a lesser extent the pack in general really.

I'm afraid the team has gone backwards since RWC 2011. The new Kiwi coach is trying to introduce a wider game, with more to it than the forwards one at the RWC, but without the players to do so. The coach keeps saying they need to take a step back and learn how to play wide and improve backs play, but the performances and results have decreased compared to when they would just play to their strengths and play a narrower game.

Romanian team to face Russia tomorrow:

1. Constantin Pristavita
2. Andrei Radoi
3. Paulica Ion
4. Valentin Poparlan
5. Marius Sirbe
6. Viorel Lucaci
7. Mihai Macovei (C)
8. Daniel Carpo
9. Valentin Calafeteanu
10. Tiberius Ionut Dimofte
11. Adrian Matei
12. Florin Vlaicu
13. Csaba Gal
14. Ionut Dumitru
15. Catalin Fercu

16. Eugen Capatana
17. Horatiu Pungea
18. Dorin Lazar
19. Vlad Nistor
20. Florin Surugiu
21. Florin Ionita
22. Ionut Botezatu

Russian team:

1. Alexey Volkov
2. Valery Tsnobiladze
3. Evgeny Pronenko
4. Ilya Osminko
5. Denis Antonov
6. Pavel Butenko
7. Andrey Temnov (C)
8. Artem Fatakhov
9. Alexey Shcherban
10. Sergey Sugrobov
11. Igor Kurashov
12. Alexey Makovetskiy
13. Yaroslav Rechnev
14. Andrey Otrokov
15. Yury Kushnarev

16. Andrey Polivalov
17. Innokentiy Zykov
18. Evgeny Matveev
19. Andrey Garbuzov
20. Anton Ryabov
21. Alexander Khudyakov
22. Ivan Kotov

Last edited:
Amusing that you and Snooopy Snoopy Dog tried to portray that I was hyping up the Georgians despite specifically saying that I didn't rate the props right near the start of the thread.
That's not what I said. This is my quote:
....and having a hard on for players from tier two countries

Point out where I said you rated that Georgian prop or better yet find a gif of me saying it. My post was a reference to your pearl of wisdom that Luke Hume is a better player than his opposite number Fergus McFadden in the US v Ireland thread. I broke my s**** laughing at that. Seriously? Hume, an undersized Australian (POACH! POACH! POACH!) playing for New York's world renowned Old Blue rugby club is better than a guy who has 17 caps for Ireland and has just put together three outstanding seasons back to back with Europe's top club over that same period? Come off it.

I didn't watch any of this game today and don't intend to either. The tour is even more pointless than the Lions and the result is pointless.

IRB Nations Cup matches tomorrow (both will be streamed live on the IRB website):

Romania vs Russia (18.00 local time, 15.00 GMT)
Argentina Jaguars vs Emerging Italy (20.00 local time, 17.00 GMT)

Argentina Jaguars:

1. Roberto Tejerizo
2. Emiliano Coria Marchetti
3. Ramiro Herrera
4. Cesar Fruttero
5. Matias Alemanno
6. Javier Ortega
7. Martin Chiappesoni
8. Rodrigo Bruno (C)
9. Pedro Imhoff
10. Sebastián Poet
11. Facundo Barrea
12. Juan Pablo Estelles
13. Juan Ignacio Brex
14. Matias Masera
15. Gonzalo Gutierrez Taboada

16. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
17. Gonzalo Manso
18. Tomas Borghi
19. Lisandro Ahaulli De Chazal
20. Lucas Alcacer Mackinlay
21. Joaquin Diaz Bonilla
22. Isaack Dan

Emerging Italy:

1. Andrea De Marchi (C)
2. Tommaso D'Apice
3. Dario Chistolini
4. Michael Van Vuren
5. Marco Fuser
6. Edoardo Ruffolo
7. Filippo Ferrarini
8. Gabriele Cicchinelli
9. Giorgio Bronzini
10. James Ambrosini
11. Alex Morsellino
12. Andrea Pratichetti
13. Giulio Bisegni
14. Alessandro Castagnoli
15. Ruggero Trevisan

16. Giovanni Maistri
17. Pietro Ceccarelli
18. Saverio Colabianchi
19. Simone Ragusi
20. Emiliano Caffini
21. Guglielmo Palazzani
22. Ross Stewart McCann

Georgian #12 Merab Sharikadze just named man of the match

Born 1993! Only 20 years old, and no club interested by him? Too bad...

That's not what I said. This is my quote:
....and having a hard on for players from tier two countries

Point out where I said you rated that Georgian prop or better yet find a gif of me saying it. My post was a reference to your pearl of wisdom that Luke Hume is a better player than his opposite number Fergus McFadden in the US v Ireland thread. I broke my s**** laughing at that. Seriously? Hume, an undersized Australian (POACH! POACH! POACH!) playing for New York's world renowned Old Blue rugby club is better than a guy who has 17 caps for Ireland and has just put together three outstanding seasons back to back with Europe's top club over that same period? Come off it.

I didn't watch any of this game today and don't intend to either. The tour is even more pointless than the Lions and the result is pointless.

I thought you meant I was trying to hype the Georgian props, which I said directly the opposite. My mistake.

Regarding Luke Hume, he was a revelation for the USA team last year and has a good sidestep, did well up against the stronger sides he faced in Italy and Tonga as well and is considered perhaps USA's best player on the 7's circuit. Gets involved in the game better than Ngwenya. He's 5 foot 9, not the biggest, but being that size doesn't mean you can make it. Not sure about the relevance of your point is about poaching either.

McFadden is a better centre in my opinion, and more of a makeshift winger, he's solid, but it doesn't look like he will progress beyond just being of use as a solid makeshift player at international level.

Also from what you have written, I don't know whether you have seen him play at all and are just basing all you have said on what club he plays for. Samu Manoa was named in the Premiership Dream Team in his first season, before that he was playing for San Francisco Golden Gate and you would have probably said it was ridiculous that he could be better than Jonathan Thomas with 60 odd Wales caps. Yet Manoa was clearly better straight away, and I doubt he just doubled as a player the minute he arrived at Northampton.

Same with Matawalu who was with a Fijian club last year, you would have probably said it was ridiculous that he could be better than the most of the scrum halves in the RaboPro12, yet in his first season he was a revelation for Glasgow.

If you are going to try and ridicule this, then at least state why you don't rate him on the pitch rather than just because of his club. He has been scouted and was rumoured to be signing with a UK club this year anyway.

If you are going to try and ridicule this, then at least state why you don't rate him on the pitch rather than just because of his club. He has been scouted and was rumoured to be signing with a UK club this year anyway.
Again, point out where I said I don't rate him on the pitch.

Again, point out where I said I don't rate him on the pitch.

The whole tone of your post pretty much suggested this. The fact you ridiculed would appear to seem you think he's a million miles off a makeshift winger who is more solid than spectacular, and would suggest you don't think he's up to much.

IRB Nations Cup first day results:
Romania-Russia 30-20
Emerging Italy - Argentina Jaguars 26-6

EMERGING IRELAND:

15: Dave Kearney (Lansdowne/Leinster)

14: Niall Morris (Leicester/Exiles)
13: Brendan Macken (Blackrock/Leinster)
12: Noel Reid (Clontarf/Leinster)

11: Tiernan O'Halloran (Galwegians/Connacht)
10: Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster)
9: John Cooney (Lansdowne/Leinster)

1: Jack McGrath (St. Mary's/Leinster)

2: Niall Annett (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
3: Michael Bent (Leinster)
4: David Foley (UL Bohemian/Munster)
5: Ian Nagle (Cork Constitution/Munster)
6: Rhys Ruddock (St. Mary's/Leinster) CAPTAIN
7: Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)

8: Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster)*

REPLACEMENTS:16: Robert Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
17: Richard Lutton (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
18: Dave O'Callaghan (Dolphin/Munster)
19: Eoin McKeon (Galwegians/Connacht)
20: Michael Heaney (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
21: Eoin Griffin (Galwegians/Connacht)*
22: Michael Allen (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)

Good to see the scrum prodigy and our saviour keeping it going.

EMERGING IRELAND:

15: Dave Kearney (Lansdowne/Leinster)

14: Niall Morris (Leicester/Exiles)
13: Brendan Macken (Blackrock/Leinster)
12: Noel Reid (Clontarf/Leinster)

11: Tiernan O'Halloran (Galwegians/Connacht)
10: Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster)
9: John Cooney (Lansdowne/Leinster)

1: Jack McGrath (St. Mary's/Leinster)

2: Niall Annett (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
3: Michael Bent (Leinster)
4: David Foley (UL Bohemian/Munster)
5: Ian Nagle (Cork Constitution/Munster)
6: Rhys Ruddock (St. Mary's/Leinster) CAPTAIN
7: Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)

8: Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster)*

REPLACEMENTS:16: Robert Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
17: Richard Lutton (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
18: Dave O'Callaghan (Dolphin/Munster)
19: Eoin McKeon (Galwegians/Connacht)
20: Michael Heaney (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
21: Eoin Griffin (Galwegians/Connacht)*
22: Michael Allen (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)

Good to see the scrum prodigy and our saviour keeping it going.

Why are all the Leinster players in bold? Is much to be expected of Uruguay?

Why are all the Leinster players in bold? Is much to be expected of Uruguay?

Copied from the Leinster website.

We're playing the S.A. Presidents, they thrashed Uruguay I think Geogia will probably have been the toughest challenge.

Last edited:

Latest posts