Ireland 6N 2022

big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
6N squad due to be named tomorrow. Was a 36 man squad last year so would expect similar. Don't think it will change a huge amount from the Autumn and we'll probably have upset fans around 9 and 15 where some players who are preforming well will definitely be left out.

With all the cancellations it is kind of hard to know who is fit and who isn't.
Definitely out: Stockdale, Addison (duh), Leavy
Uncertain/concerns around fitness: Furlong, Baird (was apparently with the squad on Sunday though), Henderson (word he might be back his week), James Ryan, Carbery, HB, Henshaw, McCloskey (expected back at the end of the month), Larmour anyone else?

Hoping Doak is at the very least brought in as an apprentice. Kinda hard to speak as regarding any bolters etc as there have been so few games.

I feel like second rows are a bit sparse on the ground right now, in what should otherwise be a very stacked squad. With Ryan and Henderson both out suddenly our stocks look really thin. Who is our plus one for Beirne?

No idea why I'm waiting impatiently for this announcement. I neither expect nor want any massive changes.

A deeper look into the depth chart at 10 will be intriguing but I doubt I'll like it.

No idea why I'm waiting impatiently for this announcement. I neither expect nor want any massive changes.

A deeper look into the depth chart at 10 will be intriguing but I doubt I'll like it.

It's not being announced until 4 anyway, so that'll be a long day for a big meh.

Backs (17)
Bundee Aki (Connacht/Galwegians) 33 caps
Robert Baloucoune (Ulster/Enniskillen) 2 caps
Joey Carbery (Munster/Clontarf) 27 caps
Jack Carty (Buccaneers/Connacht) 10 caps
Craig Casey (Munster/Shannon) 4 caps
Andrew Conway (Munster/Garryowen) 27 caps
Keith Earls (Munster/Young Munster) 96 caps
Jamison Gibson Park (Leinster) 12 caps
Mack Hansen (Connacht) uncapped
Robbie Henshaw (Leinster/Buccaneers) 53 caps
James Hume (Ulster/Banbridge) 1 cap
Hugo Keenan (Leinster/UCD) 16 caps
Jordan Larmour (Leinster/St Mary's College) 30 caps
Michael Lowry (Ulster/Banbridge) uncapped
Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 92 caps
Garry Ringrose (Leinster/UCD) 37 caps
Johnny Sexton (Leinster/St Mary's College) 101 caps CAPTAIN

Forwards (20)
Ryan Baird (Leinster/Dublin University) 6 caps
Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Buccaneers) 18 caps
Tadhg Beirne (Munster/Lansdowne) 25 caps
Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 22 caps
Gavin Coombes (Munster/Young Munster) 2 caps
Caelan Doris (Leinster/St Mary's College) 12 caps
Tadhg Furlong (Leinster/Clontarf) 52 caps
Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf) 112 caps
Iain Henderson (Ulster/Academy) 65 caps
Rob Herring (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 23 caps
Ronan Kelleher (Leinster/Lansdowne) 16 caps
Dave Kilcoyne (Munster/UL Bohemians) 45 caps
Peter O'Mahony (Munster/Cork Constitution) 79 caps
Tom O'Toole (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 2 caps
Andrew Porter (Leinster/UCD) 40 caps
James Ryan (Leinster/UCD) 40 caps
Dan Sheehan (Leinster/Lansdowne) 2 caps
Nick Timoney (Ulster/Banbridge) 2 caps
Kieran Treadwell (Ulster/Ballymena) 3 caps
Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD) 35 caps

Development Player
Cian Prendergast (Connacht)

Pleased for Carty also Prendergast should be more than a development player, he's a better version of Bernie

Also Bealham

Dude got destroyed by Genge and the 21 year old Whitcombe

Didn't expect Lowry to get the nod. Good stuff. Fairly happy, don't rate Carty as a European standard 10 let alone International but you'd be taking a big leap of faith on Crowley and Ross isn't Farrell's type of 10.

Also Bealham

Dude got destroyed by Genge and the 21 year old Whitcombe
Bealham can generally lockout a scrum, Connacht's locks are the issue for him I think.

I'm not sure what the criteria or limit is for development players.. but Doak and somebody like Marcus Rea could have really gained lots from being in and around the Irish camp.

Overall though I think this is a very strong squad, very excited.

Pleased for Carty also Prendergast should be more than a development player, he's a better version of Bernie
If this forum had standards you would be banned for this post alone.

Squad is grand! I'd have maybe brought in more development players if there's no games going on in the provinces anyway. I'd have thrown Crowley and Ahern and also to lazily disguise my clear Munster bias I'll say Doak.

Man I hope Baloucoune plays some good minutes this competition. He's a rare talent. Hansen absolutely shouldn't be in his way. I'm pretty confident he won't feature as an international long term. Happy for Lowry. Will be tough for him to break through though with his size.

On a final note it's a joke Coombes isn't captaining the squad.

Last edited:
Fine, if boring squad. Pity about Lowe but we've got loads of wingers.

I'm not sure what the criteria or limit is for development players.. but Doak and somebody like Marcus Rea could have really gained lots from being in and around the Irish camp.

Overall though I think this is a very strong squad, very excited.

Yeah it's annoying Doak isn't there but at least he's getting Euro starts at the moment.

Don't think there's be any point of Rea as a development player, he's 24 and we're not lacking in the backrow.

Just a thought but last time the development players were brought in as guys were injured and couldn't train. Could be a similar situation with one of the flanker this time.

Very poor here.
On form. Earls has been poor for us. Haley brilliant.
Joey will do well to be back and fit.

This is what I'd like to see. In reality, I think Beirne will move to bench for POM (replacing Baird), and Ringrose, Bealham, Earls will replace Hume, O'Toole, Lowry. I think Baloucoune has a very real chance of starting considering Lowe is also out.

Boys, I have a feeling we're going to give Wales a hiding. I wasn't impressed by them at all last year, heck we nearly won in Cardiff if it wasn't for some Burns' madness at the end. Since then they've gone downhill and the provinces are dire. I appreciate this has always been the situation but it feels like the gap has widened and they had the rub of the green last year any Irishman would be envious of. The squad they announced felt very underwhelming, whereas we've got a situation where Conan and POM, B&I Lions, could very likely miss out due to pure competition.

Henderson also might miss out due to lack of game time but I'm assuming injuries aren't an issue for now. I hope Ryan brings that pure aggression we saw vs the All Blacks. Honestly I can't remember ever seeing him so fired up.

1: Porter
2: Kelleher
3: Furlong
4: Henderson
5: James Ryan
6: Beirne*
7: Van der Flier
8: Doris

9: Gibson-Park
10: Sexton
11: Conway
12: Henshaw