• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland RWC 11 Thread

At least we can't get any worse than Eddie O'sullivan.

PieterDeVilliers1.jpg

A challenger appears.

i would like to see a team somthing along the lines of this.
15.rob kearney
14.tommy bowe
13.brian o'driscoll
12.gordon d'arcy
11.keith earls i would prefer horgan but he's not geting anywhere near kidneys squad.
10.johnathan sexton or o'gara if sextons form dips in the wc.
9.boss jk eoin reddan
8.jamie healip
7.sean o'brien
6.stephen ferris
5.paul o'connel
4.donnacha o'callaghan
3.mike ross
2.jerry flannery
1.cian healy
SUBS
16.davis wallace
17.andrew trimble
18.tomas o'learey
19.john hayes ;)
20.fergus mc fadden
21.ronan o'gara
22.shane horgan if kidney would pick him.

My first post. This one has went really quiet for a while, anyone any updates on our world cup squad? Personally i'd have Sexton, ROG and have Keatley as backup. He has 7's experience and is far better than Wallace, if i was BMcL Wallace wouldn't even be in my Ulster side next season. Would love Jones to make it, as well as Spence. Think Spence could actually do a job for us as a 12 in the tournament. Is Kearney back fit yet? My Ireland team would be:
1 Healy
2 Flannery/Cronin (wouldn't play Best, can't throw and doesn't do much around the pitch)
3 Ross
4 Cullen
5 O'Connell
6 Ferris
7 O'Brien
8 Heaslip
9 Boss (Murray is good and hes going to be amazing but hes not overally that much better than boss at the minute and reddan looks dangerous passing of the top of a line out)
10 Sexton (ROG when game is needing closed down aka late in australia game, also maybe italy)
11 Trimble (very under rated)
12 Spence (can crash it up, always makes yards, rarely knocks it on, can tackle..defintely worth a go)
13 BOD
14 Bowe
15 Jones (Kearney hasnt played in so long, Earls would be amongst subs, Murphy hasnt played in a while, fitzgerald proved hes not a full back)

My first post. This one has went really quiet for a while, anyone any updates on our world cup squad? Personally i'd have Sexton, ROG and have Keatley as backup. He has 7's experience and is far better than Wallace, if i was BMcL Wallace wouldn't even be in my Ulster side next season. Would love Jones to make it, as well as Spence. Think Spence could actually do a job for us as a 12 in the tournament. Is Kearney back fit yet? My Ireland team would be:
1 Healy
2 Flannery/Cronin (wouldn't play Best, can't throw and doesn't do much around the pitch)
3 Ross
4 Cullen
5 O'Connell
6 Ferris
7 O'Brien
8 Heaslip
9 Boss (Murray is good and hes going to be amazing but hes not overally that much better than boss at the minute and reddan looks dangerous passing of the top of a line out)
10 Sexton (ROG when game is needing closed down aka late in australia game, also maybe italy)
11 Trimble (very under rated)
12 Spence (can crash it up, always makes yards, rarely knocks it on, can tackle..defintely worth a go)
13 BOD
14 Bowe
15 Jones (Kearney hasnt played in so long, Earls would be amongst subs, Murphy hasnt played in a while, fitzgerald proved hes not a full back)

Right, lovely but..... Madness not having Earls starting.

My Ireland team
1.Cian Healy
2.Jerry Flannery (will surely be fit)
3.Mike Ross
4.Leo Cullen
5.Paul O'Connell
6.Sean O'Brien
7.David Wallace
8.Jamie Heaslip

9.Conor Murray
10.Jonathan Sexton
11.Keith Earls
12.Fergus McFadden
13.Goes Without Saying
14.Tommy Bowe
15.Felix Jones

16.Sean Cronin
17.Tom Court
18.Donnacha O'Callaghan
19.James Coughlan
20.Eoin Reddan
21.Ronan O'Gara
22.Shane Horgan

Unfotunately,this will not be the team because Kidney rarely picks his teams on form and with the exception of Jerry Flannery that is a form team.

If Jerry Flannery goes then Ireland will be screwed
His match fitness will be shot, and he'll either get carded or injured within the first 40minutes of rugby

Fla is still in training here - Not much Summer break for him.
But agree it'd be a big ask to get him alot of games although it possible he'll play a few club games to help him.

His match fitness will be shot, and he'll either get carded or injured within the first 40minutes of rugby
Hes got four warm up matches before the WC starts, as does Kearney and Ferris.

Assuming he gets through them (big doubt) he'll be fine. Flannery is by a mile our best hooker.

Ah, I always forget about the warmups - and the extra one Ireland put in to test out the just-back-from-injury players

Looking at the Munster site, Flannery has only played 8 matches in the past two years, and three of those were off of the bench! Crazy
He's got a more respectable number of Ireland caps in the same time though

Of course he'll go. He hasn't played rugby for feckin' ages, which pretty much automatically qualifies you to play for Ireland regardless of the form of other players.

Last time he played was new years day against Ulster.He was off injured within about 15 minutes.

England,Scotland and France twice I think (could be wrong only saying off the top of my head)

Well you are wrong. ffs why dont people use google. Its Scotland, France, France again and then England.

He asked who are they playing not what order.I thought I might be wrong about France twice,thought it might be England.

I still generally believe that Ireland will go the furthest out of the NH teams

Yeah I'm also heartened by the fact that our first game is against what looks like a pretty poor U.S.A. who we can rest players against. Whereas Aus are playing Italy who they will need pretty much their starting team against and will get beaten up by.

Anyone think Sexton could play centre with BOD? With ROG at 10.

Latest posts