• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Squad Announcement

Bowe Posted on Twitter that he hopes his knee should be fine.

Lads I would love to have the best team on the planet and have 14 superstars that could win matches on their own....and then put John Gormley in Full back against the South africans while they employ a kick and chase game.....just because I could.

We would then end the game with a massive bonfire on O'Connell's street where everyone was encouraged to bring their own rubbish , petrol , aerosol cans , stags to fuel the fire...... one must attend via 4X4 though......god I hate the Greens

We're starting to look a bit thin on the ground in our back 3, so if Trimble, Kearney and Bowe are our I take it our back 3 will be

11 Earls/McFadden
14 Horgan
15 Fitz

and O'Brien can do a job at 6 if Ferris is out, we're lucky we have Italy first up.

McFadden on the bench then? That'd be far better than having Andrew 'I'm shite and everything I do is absolutely useless' Trimble.

EDIT: Oh, and by 'can do a job' I assume you mean that he's the best 6 in Europe at the moment.

No, the guy that just got injured is that.

Well. Probably injured.

Lads we have some serious depth coming into the squad in the Backline and Backrow .

Earles and Mcfadden as backup for Tommy Bowe ? shaggy playing brilliantly Fitzgerald onother talented player cover for Kearny who although has been out of form of late is still quality..

No, the guy that just got injured is that.

Well. Probably injured.

In fairness SOB is the best Flanker in the NH at the moment ....I said that this day would come in one of my first post on this forum and I was laughed at .....oh how right I was :p

Your back-three depth now consists of a choice between Duffy and an out of form Fitzgerald at full-back (or Johne Murphy I suppose), Horgan on one wing and a choice between a total if talented rookie and Earls, who's also lacking form and not played the position for ages. Its some good depth to still have that, but its not ideal and a couple more injuries and it'll start to look pretty brutal.

Ferris v. O'Brien... I look forwards to seeing how he goes in the 6N. O'Brien's looked very good in a Leinster team looking to put him into space every time. Ferris has just got on with his job with usual destructive aplomb for a lesser Ulster team and was Ireland's stand out forward of the AI. When O'Brien has that sort of consistent impact at the top level, I'll start putting him up there. He could. But didn't against Samoa.

. When O'Brien has that sort of consistent impact at the top level, I'll start putting him up there. He could. But didn't against Samoa.
I did not see the Samoa match and so cannot comment really on his performance but Samoa being Samoa I doubt that there were many men breaking the line through the centre :/

I reckon should the team be picked on form we will see a backrow of Ferris , Wallace , SOB . thats a mouthwatering combination and with a predominantly Leinster backline we would see alot of the backrow taking the ball on through the middle ...I really really really would love to see those three together.

Some of these injuries are good especially as we have Italy first (not saying their crap but....). I didn't want Kidney to pick Trimble anyway and hopefully Mcfadden will get his chance now. I hope Bowe and Ferris are OK atleast for the rest of the 6 nations as they are key players but our backrow options are more than capable of fronting up with any team.

If bowe is injured for the italy game my back three would be

15) Fitz
14) Horgan
11) Earls

22) Mcfadden (coming on in the 60th minute)

McFadden on the bench then? That'd be far better than having Andrew 'I'm shite and everything I do is absolutely useless' Trimble.

EDIT: Oh, and by 'can do a job' I assume you mean that he's the best 6 in Europe at the moment.

I have a borderline gay man crush on SOB at the moment and think he's the best player in Europe, so yes. Anybody have any word on Heaslip?

I did not see the Samoa match and so cannot comment really on his performance but Samoa being Samoa I doubt that there were many men breaking the line through the centre :/

I reckon should the team be picked on form we will see a backrow of Ferris , Wallace , SOB . thats a mouthwatering combination and with a predominantly Leinster backline we would see alot of the backrow taking the ball on through the middle ...I really really really would love to see those three together.

I'll see your Wallace and raise you a Heaslip

Heaslip hasn't been in the best form of late and is just coming back from injury ..although better 8 than Wallace I would give Wally the start Vs Italy and bring Heaslip on with 20 to go , then let that determine the line up for the next game ???

No, no, no we should be treating this game as a warm up for France the following week, Kidney should pick his strongest team possible barring injuries so they can shake off some of the rustiness and get used to each other.

Heaslip hasn't been in the best form of late and is just coming back from injury ..although better 8 than Wallace I would give Wally the start Vs Italy and bring Heaslip on with 20 to go , then let that determine the line up for the next game ???

Has he not? I haven't really noticed... How long has he been injured? Maybe playing old man Wallace is the best option :(

Latest posts