• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland U-20 v Wales U-20

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
We look much sharper and more direct now that Gunter is on in place of <strike>Neath and Ospreys legend, who was a year below me in Neath college</strike> Jarvis

Every single Irish lineout is going to Paddy Butler. Surely Wales should have noticed by now.

........another f'n Cooney kick.

Ref is a joke. Ireland gave away three penalties on their own line and didn't get a yellow card. He blew up early in the 1st half and is running over time in the 2nd half. Positioning is crap and doesn't allow enough advantage.

Try Wales.

On BBC Wales it came up that there were 5 additional minutes after the 80. The TMO took 3 minutes to come to a decision on 81.30, and then the ref blows for full time at 84.40. How does that work?

24-17

Game over. A definite tale of "a game of two halves". Forgive me for glossing over how Wales played (other than to say that Fish, Phillips and Gunter were excellent going forward).

Ireland took their foot off the pedal and thought they had the game won after 20 minutes. Spurning goalkicking opportunities nearly came back to haunt them. It's a good lesson to learn for their future careers. Take whatever points are on offer and don't be greedy going for tries when an easy 3 points are available.

Butler, O'Callaghan, Ryan, McKinney and Annett were the pick of our players.

Go on Rhys Ruddock, do one! Yeah go on, sod off. Who needs ew?! Go break ew leg you complete *******!!

I've taken to shouting "FIIISH!!" at the TV whenever he does something good. If he goes on to replace Lee Byrne and become the next great Welsh fullback, then I'll be doing this for almost 15 more years. Worring signs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 12 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Mar 12 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go on Rhys Ruddock, do one! Yeah go on, sod off. Who needs ew?! Go break ew leg you complete *******!![/b]
??????
[/b][/quote]
He's just been on Scrum V underlining his commitments to Ireland with his deep County Cork drawl. NOT!

Did the first half end early?
I was watching it, and the clock was on 38mins, then i looked away, looked back and it was over. Unless i blacked out for a short amount of time?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Mar 12 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's just been on Scrum V underlining his commitments to Ireland with his deep County Cork drawl. NOT![/b]
What did he say? I was watching RTE's coverage.

To be fair, Ruddock was born in Dublin, his mother is Irish and he's a member of the Leinster academy - he does have a fairly significant tie to this country (as does Stewart Maguire who has an Irish father).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 12 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did the first half end early?
I was watching it, and the clock was on 38mins, then i looked away, looked back and it was over. Unless i blacked out for a short amount of time?[/b]
The ref blew up after 39 minutes.

Pitty the Welsh pack as a whole was rubbish at doing the basics tonight. The lineout was alright, but missfired on a regular basis, the scrum was a complete mess (that Irish no. 3 looks to be a massive prospect), and the breakdown was dominated by the Irish. But the Welsh backs look very talented, especially Phillips, Gunter and Fish. They were creatign havok, and I really can't wait to see more of Kristian Phillips in the future, he really is very very good, some great running and offloads today.

Irish backline wasn't all that great imo (fly-half was good though), as they should have done alot more with the diminance showed by the forwards.

Good game all together, best team won.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 12 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Mar 12 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's just been on Scrum V underlining his commitments to Ireland with his deep County Cork drawl. NOT![/b]
What did he say? I was watching RTE's coverage.

To be fair, Ruddock was born in Dublin, his mother is Irish and he's a member of the Leinster academy - he does have a fairly significant tie to this country (as does Stewart Maguire who has an Irish father).
[/b][/quote]
Just saying how his mind's made up about who he wants to represent in senior rugby, and that was the reason he moved back to Ireland. Fair enough like, but Mike must be gutted.

Lads Ruddock is born and bread to be Irish. :p

Have seen Butler a few times now and seriously a future international star we have here.
And having seen him in AIL few times I will be bold and predict him as a future Lion. B)

Ryan was immense tonight and will be a big player sooner rather than later for Leinster. (Who in 3-4years will have best backrow options in world rugby)

Just having seen all players who have been used so far in this Tournament I must say I am really impressed with our underage and prospects.

Latest posts