Ireland v France

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
ireland.png
france.png

Ireland v France
</div>

Ireland go into this championship opener hoping for their first win over the French since 2003.

France will be looking to continue their recent hoodoo over the Irish and they certainly won't be intimidated by a trip to Croker following their last gasp win 2 years ago.

Lievremont seems to be taking a risk going in with only 1 recognised fly half, but Ireland don't have a recognised openside so covering all options doesn't seem to be a priority for either coach.

Kidney will be looking for a serious improvement on the Autumn performance and will be relying on senior players to front up.

Tough one to call, Ireland probably have the edge up front but will the backs make the most of the platform they get???

Really a tough one to call, but if players like Gordon D'Arcy, O'Driscoll and O'Gara step up to the plate and do well I feel Ireland will just win this game, they have the homeground advantage and will be playing a French side that is still somewhat in a building stage
Should be a cracker of a game!

I wouldn't be too happy if D'Arcy starts, it's great that he's back from injury but this match would be too soon for him.

I don't know, I'd like to see D'arcy start..and maybe only play a half but it'd be good to see him on

I honestly see us losing this, the bloody french always beat us, it really is upsetting

just thinking, the backrow might be

6: Leamy 7: Wallace 8: Heaslip

and ferris might come on to replace either leamy or heaslip.. and if he was replacing heaslip , leamy would go to eight and ferris to 6.

Just to have experience on against the french

Well there is no time like the present to throw him into the deep end and see if he can still "swim" or if he will "sink".
If it pays off, he and O'Driscoll could maybe form that great center partnership they had a few years ago, but if it doesn't pay off the can always replace him with Fitzgerald at half-time or even earlier...

I'm surprised so many people are writing off Ireland's chances in the prediction comp... Sure they're not playing as good as they can, but neither are France, and I'd say France are playing worse, currently.
Should be an Ireland win, unless they wilt under the pressure of playing their bogey team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 1 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm surprised so many people are writing off Ireland's chances in the prediction comp... Sure they're not playing as good as they can, but neither are France, and I'd say France are playing worse, currently.
Should be an Ireland win, unless they wilt under the pressure of playing their bogey team.[/b]
That's how I feel about this game too. Ireland at home should edge this by around 5 points.

yes but it's the french

and france arn't a team like others.. they can just appear and win against anyone

and ireland have lost,... 5-7 times in a row to france!

yeah 7 with the 2 world cup games, at least there's no Clerc this time round and fingers crossed no Murphy either.

It's funny, beating england isn't really a big deal anymore.. Infact if we lost to england but beat france I'd be very happy!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 1 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's funny, beating england isn't really a big deal anymore.. Infact if we lost to england but beat france I'd be very happy![/b]

sod that if we beat the French I'd be gutted if we don't go on and complete the slam.

Ireland to smash the French during the first 60 minutes, then ultimately lose thanks to a missed tackle in the dying minutes which let in a try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 1 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's funny, beating england isn't really a big deal anymore.. Infact if we lost to england but beat france I'd be very happy![/b]
I wish the player looked at it that way. Perhaps then they wouldnt be so fired up when they see those white shirts.

For me Ireland have a real opportunity.

The forward, if they are in the same physical form than in November, will be strong enough (gave a lesson to Australian'sand Argentina's packs)

The lack of experience will be in our halfs. A high defense will probably make them play around the Rucks/scrums or make Beauxis kick. Fortunately for us the difference beetween Skrela and Beauxis is thst the second one is not really sensisitive to the pression...

Im going for a France win. I also have a sneaking feeling the will win the Tournament. They have so much quality i the Top 14 they cant surely be so poor again. Can they?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 2 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Im going for a France win. I also have a sneaking feeling the will win the Tournament. They have so much quality i the Top 14 they cant surely be so poor again. Can they?[/b]
When have France ever been poor? They are always in the top 2 when the Six Nations ends. Though they can have poor matches.

Latest posts