• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v France

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Feb 1 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 2 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im going for a France win. I also have a sneaking feeling the will win the Tournament. They have so much quality i the Top 14 they cant surely be so poor again. Can they?[/b]
When have France ever been poor? They are always in the top 2 when the Six Nations ends. Though they can have poor matches.
[/b][/quote]
They have played pretty poorly in the last few 6 nations for their high standards.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Feb 1 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 2 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im going for a France win. I also have a sneaking feeling the will win the Tournament. They have so much quality i the Top 14 they cant surely be so poor again. Can they?[/b]
When have France ever been poor? They are always in the top 2 when the Six Nations ends. Though they can have poor matches.
[/b][/quote]
By their standards, they were poor last year and at the World Cup.
If France produced v NZ quarter final results consistently, they'd be a side to fear. Under Lievremont, I feel they've become consistently average, rather than the mixed package France under Laporte...

I don't know.. the french upset always even if they arn't looking in good shapes

and I honestly think the irish front row is quiet weak and that weakness causes the rest of the team to play off the backfoot.

I think ireland CAN BE exceptional in every other position almost.. except front row and possible the wings at the moment

Well, Lievremont has been the coach for only a little more than one year, a bit early to make a definitive report.
Moreover, last year 6N and June tests were clearly a large review of players, some of them playing in pro D2 or new TOP 14 upgraded teams (Montpellier), add to this that numbers of sure values were mobilised by the TOP 14 knock-off stages in June.

What seems to irritate people here at the moment are the aim and the motivation in Lievremont's interviews, only speaking about 2011. When he's been asked about the 6N, he is just speaking of making a better result and classment than last year...
"Le tournoi" is still THE event for fans here, while at clubs level TOP 14 is prior to the H Cup

I have a very bad feeling about this one, which I haven't had against Ireland in a long time. Last year, we beat them thanks to genius attacking display from Heymans and Clerc. Heymans has lost his magic I think and Clerc won't even be here. Greatness could come from Jauzion, Fritz and Malzieu. Poitrenault will either be brilliant or lose the game for us.... aaargh I'm going to yell so much

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 1 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a very bad feeling about this one, which I haven't had against Ireland in a long time. Last year, we beat them thanks to genius attacking display from Heymans and Clerc. Heymans has lost his magic I think and Clerc won't even be here. Greatness could come from Jauzion, Fritz and Malzieu. Poitrenault will either be brilliant or lose the game for us.... aaargh I'm going to yell so much[/b]

welcome to our world :D

for the first time ever i feel confident going into a france game. that said they'll probably win i have a tenner on them for the championship so its win win i guess

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 2 2009, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's funny, beating england isn't really a big deal anymore.. Infact if we lost to england but beat france I'd be very happy![/b]
Hmmm, don't agree.

England are the big beast of the NH - always will be. They can cock up four years in a row, and still be within 20 mins of an RWC ***le.

They're back for some Croker magic this year as well. But I guess we'll do the French at last, and get savaged by Johnson's blockheads.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 1 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 2 2009, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny, beating england isn't really a big deal anymore.. Infact if we lost to england but beat france I'd be very happy![/b]
Hmmm, don't agree.

England are the big beast of the NH - always will be. They can cock up four years in a row, and still be within 20 mins of an RWC ***le.

They're back for some Croker magic this year as well. But I guess we'll do the French at last, and get savaged by Johnson's blockheads.
[/b][/quote]

Na, we'll probably beat them both and lose to Wales. Wouldn't be surprised if we made a mess of Scotland away aswell.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 1 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 2 2009, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm, don't agree.

[/b][/quote]

well given Kidney's propensity to hold a grudge I'd be more confident of us beating England than France.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 2 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
for the first time ever i feel confident going into a france game. that said they'll probably win i have a tenner on them for the championship so its win win i guess[/b]
Hedge your bets! Get a spread, and you might make out nicely.

France to suffer from not settling on who they want to play at either 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 yet...thats my prediction anyway.

However, if Ireland play like they did against the All Blacks then, meh..dead heat I'd say.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 2 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
However, if Ireland play like they did against the All Blacks then, meh..dead heat I'd say.[/b]
GayGuy thought Ireland played well!

I was disgusted at the performance, but his analysis showed how interesting it was. Made me think again.

p.s. what is that anime chick doing in your avatar?

I'm sorry but myself and I_Bleed_Black disagree with GayGuy's analysis and we were there. In the stadium. Being harangued for taking our beer to our seats by some 90 year old Garda Officer.

EDIT: The character is muttering...

Agreed with Prestwick on this one. The last twenty or so minutes of the Irish game were the worst of the Autumn. It lacked.... everything.
Even though the first half was competitive... Besides, New Zealand are light years ahead of any NH team (besides France when they click), so it's an unfair comparison.

Looks like the French have been given a clean bill of health after the weekend action despite minor injuries picked up by Chabal, Lecouls and Nallet. Chabal had a shoulder problem while Lecouls was considered the most serious with a neck injury and Nallet had a rib problem but all 3 are expected to be declared fit ahead of Saturday's match.

One great combination : him + Jauzion + fritz = these guys never screw up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 2 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
One great combination : him + Jauzion + fritz = these guys never screw up[/b]
Remember that he played (and played well) the entire 2007's game against Scotland, the one we needed to win by a large margin for the final victory in the Tournament. Pretty big game even if Scotland wasn't that good this year.

France side for saturday:

Poitrenaud

Malzieu

Fritz, Jauzion

Heymans

Beauxis, Tillous-Borde

Ouedraogo, Harinordoquy, Dusautoir

Nallet (cap.), Chabal

Mas, Szarzewski, Faure.

You will probably find interesting to know that Beauxis and Tillous Borde were already playing together in 2005 when France won the -21 RWC.

I haven't ever really paid much attention to Tillous Borde. What standard is he?

Looks a fairly stong team if it gels. Question really is, what level is Beauxis really at? Can Heymans find some form? And how will Poitre'oh no' handle Kearney up and unders all day?

P.s. I can't remember the name of the little french back who always used score against Ireland. He was blonde and short and very quick. Can anyone help because it's bugging the s*** out of me. He was around I suppose 7/8 years ago....not entirely sure abut that bit though.