• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v France

one other thing that would have had me go for Best is just his ability to show up in the right place at the right time, it's a marginal thing but can be the difference between winning and losing a game.

<div align='center'>
kearney.jpg

bowe.jpg
bod.jpg
pwallace.jpg
fitzgerald.jpg

rog.jpg
tol.jpg

horan.jpg
flannery.jpg
hayes.jpg

doc.jpg
poc.jpg

ferris.jpg
heaslip.jpg
dwallace.jpg

best.jpg
court.jpg
mok.jpg
leamy.jpg
stringer.jpg
darcy.jpg
murphy.jpg
</div>

I'm very happy with this Irish selection:D I'm delighted Paddy Wallace is getting a chance at 12. He impresses me every time i see him play there! Best's work rate would have been useful, but Flannery's no slouch either. Is anybody else a small bit worried about the scrum though? It hasn't been the strongest lately

well its been kak for a good five years so im past worrying
am i the only one who thought when they saw those pictures "Irelands fullback options in order of preferance"

probably

well the scrum was the only aspect of our game that actually improved last year and you'd think that Smal will have been able to get further improvement given he's had more time with the players.

Ooooooooooo that will be a BIG BANG wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuw

I'd really dream to be there

Very happy with the first team, not so with the A side. Optimism is back for the French match now! Great to see some new faces in the first XV for a big game.

What is Marcus Horan doing with that facial hair? He might be hoping that it improves his chances against the French front-row.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Feb 3 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What is Marcus Horan doing with that facial hair? He might be hoping that it improves his chances against the French front-row.[/b]

either that or he's trying to take the heat off O'Callaghan with all the stick he gets.

Hope D'Arcy is brought on towards the end. Potential game changer methinks...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 3 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hope D'Arcy is brought on towards the end. Potential game changer methinks...[/b]

pity Earls got injured cause I feel at the moment he would have had more impact had he been introduced. D'Arse just needs more time. The A game might have been ideal for him though

Good point. Was Earls called up to the int. team before his injury or was he injured before the squad was announced?
It'd be better to put him straight into the Ireland team rather than let him wreak havoc against a pitiful Saxons.

Anywho, can't wait for this game. France were beautiful for a game and a half last year, but they slowly slipped away. Let's see some flair Monsieur Lievremont!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 3 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good point. Was Earls called up to the int. team before his injury or was he injured before the squad was announced?
It'd be better to put him straight into the Ireland team rather than let him wreak havoc against a pitiful Saxons.

Anywho, can't wait for this game. France were beautiful for a game and a half last year, but they slowly slipped away. Let's see some flair Monsieur Lievremont![/b]

initial squad was announced before the final games in the HEC and he picked up the injury in Montauban, must have been left in the squad to give him time.

Yeah it should be a belter of a game, bar 2002, they've always lived up to the hype. I'd take a damp squib if it meant a win although I think there's too much talent on both sides for that to happen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Feb 4 2009, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What is Marcus Horan doing with that facial hair? He might be hoping that it improves his chances against the French front-row.[/b]
No, if you view the the front row pictures from left to right, they go - savage/half-savage/baldy smart fella with a pint already lined up.

Match is all down to the half backs. Beauxis to screw it up.

Please don't make me wrong.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 4 2009, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gosh how could one look less Irish than Paul O'Connell[/b]
Paint a twirly black moustache on him and hang a string of garlic around his neck - looks just like a French woman.

Gosh!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 4 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 4 2009, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gosh how could one look less Irish than Paul O'Connell[/b]
Paint a twirly black moustache on him and hang a string of garlic around his neck - looks just like a French woman.

Gosh!
[/b][/quote]

:p Stop that you're making le horny. But you forgot that she has to smoke gitanes and have armpit hair !

So France now massive favourites after Kearney went over on his ankle in training yesterday. Murphy against France would just be a disaster waiting to happen. God help us! No really we'll really need divine intervention with Murphy at full back.

Bugger, hes a doubt? Rules out? Just a bit sore?

He's been in fantastic form of late. Would be a huge loss.

Latest posts