• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs France - 09/03/2013

Is Fall injured? I thought he played well in previous games and used his size well.

No, PSA has made a double error IMO
Medard beeing back, he first maintained his option to keep a full spare scrum/fly halves on the bench meant that he had to eject someone in the backline, then he chose the bad one, Fall beeing much more efficient and physically on top than Clerc (who' s nicely been lost by Tuilagi...).

Strange as I've been following Fall in 6N and with Metro and thought he was playing well and it strange one. Would it be crazy to name 1 10 and use Parra as back up 10 if needed

Strange as I've been following Fall in 6N and with Metro and thought he was playing well and it strange one. Would it be crazy to name 1 10 and use Parra as back up 10 if needed

Feel sorry for Fall. I felt he deserved a bit of trust and perseverance and to be given a run from the coaches, but he hasn't been given it. Same with Malzieu who was dropped after merely one poor game, despite having two good ones before that. Both Fall and Malzieu are better options on the wing than Huget imo.

I suppose what saved Clerc in a way over Fall is possibly he scores against Ireland for fun. But I would've dropped the replacement 9 as Freddie can cover 9/10 as can Parra and that allows more flexibility too. But we probably have the 2 most conservative and stubborn coaches in international rugby here

I suppose what saved Clerc in a way over Fall is possibly he scores against Ireland for fun. But I would've dropped the replacement 9 as Freddie can cover 9/10 as can Parra and that allows more flexibility too. But we probably have the 2 most conservative and stubborn coaches in international rugby here

You're forgetting someone ...

Santiago-Phelan-Walking-111002G300.jpg

looks darn good to me ! But then again that's what I said about us from the start of the tournament and uhm we're sort of the only team without a win !! :lol:
But I'm pretty confident here. I know Ireland will be at home, coming off a super disappointing match they should have won in any possible parallel dimension...and eager to bury some demons...but we got this I reckon. The only thing (besides Italy who were really good against us) so far that's been a problem for us is discipline and playing teams that have some. Ireland will commit stupid fouls and mistakes and penalties and all that good stuff themselves, and hopefully they can score some more of that beautiful stuff they've got in store (not too much though !!!) but I think France will take this one.

In fact, goin out on a limb or not, it may go like this: France plays very well early on, everything goes their way, build up a nice lead. Ireland comes right back in the second half, crowd roaring and chanting, France wins by 5 still at the end.

EDIT: never quite sure how handy Szar is in the scrum, somehow never ma,aged to observe him down there...but seeing how solicited he is by French coaches and how bad he is on the field (terrible carrier, has he ever gained more than a meter once ?...) I'm guessing that's his main function ?...lineouts ?...
Ever the optimist my friend !

Ireland to lose by six and I'm good at predictions, I don't often do it but when I do I give no back up and I'm always right.

Exhibit A: I predicted the draw last year.
Exhibit 2: Back when I was a nine year old man I predicted Fermanagh would beat Armagh and reach the All Ireland semi-final. (For you uneducated this is like predicting Zebre to beat Toulouse in a HEC semi final)

My father has won many a bet through my awesome and awe inspiring abilities.

Jesus that was some long winded dick swinging!

I reckon both teams will be so afraid to win we might have a thrilling 0-0 draw :p

With our current loose trio we're just giving away the breakdown. I know he's very spectacular when he carries, but I'm getting tired of Picamoles' unidimensionality. I was in the stadium last Saturday for Paris-Clermont and Chouly's work was extremely impressive, as was Lapandry's (and Vosloo's).

Feel sorry for Fall. I felt he deserved a bit of trust and perseverance and to be given a run from the coaches, but he hasn't been given it. Same with Malzieu who was dropped after merely one poor game, despite having two good ones before that. Both Fall and Malzieu are better options on the wing than Huget imo.
I feel sorry for Fall as well, but tbh I've been quite pleased with Huget so far. It is definitely Clerc that, on form, deserved to go. Either that, or keep them all three, but Fall has to be given a vote of confidence after having lost so many opportunities due to injury.

And I'm not with you on Malzieu. He's too much of a liability tactically. Sort of like Cuthbert.

Ever the optimist my friend !

what are ya goin waffling again mate ?! ;)
Ain't no optimism, just realism....mmmmm hmmmm !

I feel sorry for Fall as well, but tbh I've been quite pleased with Huget so far. It is definitely Clerc that, on form, deserved to go. Either that, or keep them all three, but Fall has to be given a vote of confidence after having lost so many opportunities due to injury.

And I'm not with you on Malzieu. He's too much of a liability tactically. Sort of like Cuthbert.

Malzieu has great legs and is a fantastic finisher, but I suppose he's just that. A finisher. He's a liability for everything else during the match I suppose is what you mean ?
Huget's been impressive as fullback, but still I reckon we have better options for that position. He's been surprisingly composed and gathered, and has made impressive plays throughout this thing...
Fall, yeh, too bad...obviously strong potential there.

what are ya goin waffling again mate ?! ;)
Ain't no optimism, just realism....mmmmm hmmmm !

If you want me to waffle i will happily waffle. maybe classical realism vs waltzian neo-realism?

;-).
Back to the rugby, France are considered marginal favourites in the eyes of the bookies, i guess thats because PSA by now has realised that parra and trin-duch are the best combo and fofana is in fact a centre!

One of my house mates is french and was distraught when michalak reappeared during the England game.

The bookies obviously think PSA has learnt his lesson by now. Home advantage is massive for Ireland, but with key players out it will be much more of a test.

Id put Ireland as marginal favourites, Ireland by 4.

Well aren't we great picked team yet can't decide who to play at 10 or on bench. Then we name 6 front rows in camp 1 gets injured and now we have to decide do we call in from a holiday (all provinces have week off) Archer totally untested and not ready for this level by long way, Court who must be sick up having head up hole at tight head or Bent who makes Court seem ok.
We seem to have McFadden in for goal kicking where I think Luke Fitz was the correct call and then to top it off we still bit of shambles it seems with possibility ROG could end up being a starter in this match.

Last edited:
By the way:
1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. McCarthy
5. Ryan
6. O'Mahony
7. O'Brien
8. Heaslip
9. Murray
10. An Other
11. Earls
12. Marshall
13. O'Driscoll
14. McFadden
15. Kearney
16. Cronin
17. Kilcoyne
18. An Other
19. O'Callaghan
20. Henderson
21. Reddan
22. An Other
23. Fitzgearld

That squad is a massive shambles.

What has Gilroy done to be dropped? Hes been good in all 3 previous games, not setting the world alight but not put a foot wrong and very impressive overall IMO. Earls on the other hand is lacking form, and was unable to make the right decisions against Scotland.

I really don't see the point in waiting to name the 10, Just put Paddy and Ian in this 6N holds nothing for us expect a change to give experience to players. If ROG ends up being a starter in this match that will be that for me. Kidney is already a ****ing Joke but if ROG, a man he left out of the training squad is named at 10...

The lack of organization here is almost as frustrating as the game plan and results we've seen out of this management team

That squad is a massive shambles.

What has Gilroy done to be dropped? Hes been good in all 3 previous games, not setting the world alight but not put a foot wrong and very impressive overall IMO. Earls on the other hand is lacking form, and was unable to make the right decisions against Scotland.

I really don't see the point in waiting to name the 10, Just put Paddy and Ian in this 6N holds nothing for us expect a change to give experience to players. If ROG ends up being a starter in this match that will be that for me. Kidney is already a ****ing Joke but if ROG, a man he left out of the training squad is named at 10...

The lack of organization here is almost as frustrating as the game plan and results we've seen out of this management team
Well I'd disagree with the calls for Earls to be singled out and dropped on fact of a debateable issue (decision vs Scotland) but Kidney can't be blamed for Gilroy doing his groin in. As for ROG starting it could come down to just him and Madigan left if Jackson is out and well i a simple call again start form man who is inexperienced or ROG. But can hardly blame Kidney for injuries but poor calls on only calling in 6 front row forwards when Fitzpatrick was a doubt and having bucket loads of backs like Dave Kearney who were never within an ass's roar of getting to do more than hold a tackle bag

Why not wait a day before announcing the squad to make up his mind? Such a fool, he's made mistake after mistake this campaign and has been an utterly shite international coach.

Why not wait a day before announcing the squad to make up his mind? Such a fool, he's made mistake after mistake this campaign and has been an utterly shite international coach.
Would have been the easy thing to do. Also why not call in Archer/Bent as cover if it was known Fitzpatrick was doubtful.
He then could be forced after handling the ROG thing in embarrassing manner to have to return to ROG. I think this is 1 of poorest teams we have ever put out

Latest posts