• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs. Georgia

F

feicarsinn

georgia have made 11 changes to the team that started against argentina to deal with their grueling schedule

Georgia: Otar Barkalaia, Giorgi Elizbarashvili, Revaz Gigauri, Davit Kacharava, Giorgi Shkinin, Merab Kvirikashvili, Bidzina Samkharadze; Mamuka Magrakvelidze, Goderdzi Shvelidze, Avtandil Kopaliani, Ilia Zedginidze (captain), Mamuka Gorgodze, Ilia Maisuradze, Rati Urushadze, Giorgi Chkhaidze.

Replacements: Akvsenti Giorgadze, David Khinchagashvili, Levan Datunashvili, Zviad Maisuradze, Irakli Abuseridze, Malkhaz Urjukashvili, Otar Eloshvili.

Ireland have made 1 change to the 22 which so shabbily underperformed against the Namibians last Sunday in Bordeaux.

Shane Horgan comes into the side having recovered from his knee ligament injury picked up in the warm-up ahead of the Scottish test last August.

Andrew Trimble misses out with a fractured finger and looks to be ahead of Murphy in the pecking order with the management expecting him to be involved in the French game.

A big improvement on Sunday's performance is needed, duh he says stating the obvious, the pressure is slightly lessened by the fact that Argentina only got 4 tries in their fixture and given the turnaround is that much smaller for the Georgians this time round you would expect Ireland to score a fair few tries in the second half.

A lot seems to have been made elsewhere and here as well maybe that Flannery should be starting, am beginning to come round to that view as well but given the stubborn streak of EOS he'll probably stick with Best as the better scrummaging option.

Ireland team in full:

15. Dempsey, 14. Horgan, 13. O'Driscoll ©, 12. D'Arcy, 11. Hickie, 10. O'Gara, 9. Stringer, 1. Horan, 2. R. Best, 3. Hayes, 4. O'Callaghan, 5. O'Connell, 6. Easterby, 7. Wallace, 8. Leamy.

Replacements: 16. Flannery, 17. S. Best, 18. O'Kelly, 19. N. Best, 20. Boss, 21. Wallace, 22. Murphy

ireland should take the five points fairly convincingly one would hope but after that abject display you never know. woul have liked to see some changes from EOS such as flannery neil best and murphy just to let the players know that they arent guarenteed their starting berth

would have liked to see some changes from EOS such as flannery neil best and murphy just to let the players know that they arent guarenteed their starting berth [/b]
Depends on how the first half goes. If were doing alright and have the bonus point tucked away, I'd say you'll see Eddie make the changes .................... with 90 seconds left on the clock.

Well most of the other calls are probably marginal but I`d have though Neil Best should be the 1st-choice, definately. Put him in at blindside, imagine the damage he can cause carrying it up, and on defense, in combination with Leamy at 8.

Ireland looks strong on paper. If they find some form and play to their ability then they should top this pool and get an armchair ride to the semis. That's a big if though. As they haven't played well since the six nations.

Well most of the other calls are probably marginal but I`d have though Neil Best should be the 1st-choice, definately. Put him in at blindside, imagine the damage he can cause carrying it up, and on defense, in combination with Leamy at 8.
[/b]

Best has been off form since the Autumn internationals last year so understandable that he isn't starting.

The fact that Georgia have made so many changes from their match with the Pumas should work in our favour but again we're back to the same old problem that Ireland don't do a number on the minnows so another frustrating night is in store methinks.

I've got money on the Irish to win by +45.5 so i'm really hoping they've got their **** together tonight

C'mon Ireeelaaand!!!

it's always a dangerous game betting on the Irish, we have a tendency to screw up when the expectancy levels are that bit higher, although given the players feel they have some point to prove, almost the munster siege mentality we might get a decent performance after all.

Well 35 Mins in and Ireland are doing Nothing.... the score is 7 - 0 to Ireland but Georgia have been playing some good Rugby and containing Ireland...

Half time and it is Ireland 7 - 3 Georgia

Its the only thing that has truely impressed me with this World Cup is the effort and the heart that has been put in by the smaller nations, they are all playing for their country and giving 110% all the time... it is fantastic...

And Georgia have stayed on the pitch waiting for the second half to begin, which just shows how much they want to impress...

<div align="center">Fantastic Interception by Georgia and a great run in to score a try under the posts... </span>

They are hungry for this and are showing it in every move, fighting for every ball... Absolutely Superb... this is what the World Cup is about...

Ireland are all over the shop

the georgians have been fantastic, even if they don't win(and they look like they could win it) they should be extremly proud of themselves

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

England may have been nilled, but this is the worst performance by a 6 Nations side so far (upto the 45 minute mark at least)

edit- Actually no, we were shite.

But full credit to Georgia, I want them to get points in this cup.

But this is the best Performance by one of the Smaller nations involved...

Ireland have just regained the lead, but only after the Georgian Fly Half was down injured... it left the Georgian defence in a bit of a mess...

You think i would've learnt my lesson last week betting on the 6-Nations sides. Thats it, never again, i wash my hands...

:wall: