• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irelands 32 Man Squad

Luimneach18

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Ireland squad: Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster), Tommy Bowe (Ospreys), Tom Court (Malone/Ulster), Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster), Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster), Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster), Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster), Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster), Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster), Chris Henry (Ballymena/Ulster), Denis Hurley (Cork Constitution/Munster), Shane Jennings (St. Mary's College/Leinster), Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster), David Kearney (Lansdowne/Leinster), Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster), Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster), Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster), Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster), Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster), Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster), Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster), Eoin O'Malley (Old Belvedere/Leinster), Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster), Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster), Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster), Rhys Ruddock (St. Mary's College/Leinster), Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster), Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster), Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster), Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster), Brett Wilkinson (Galwegians/Connacht), Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster)

Well Zebo's been undeservedly promoted to the Irish squad based on (probably) his hat-trick. Not putting Zebo down but its too early

better than i expected good to see henry and tuohy there

zebo and hurley??? really surely there is better options
zebo fair enough but dont think he is ready to get a cap and hurley?? wheres the point in that

o'malley is a good call in the center if he gets game time
still think the center situation looks brittle

O'Mahony, Tuohy, Henry and O'Malley deserved to be there in the first instance. I'd less convinced that Ruddock, Hurley, Zebo, Wilkinson and Kearney merit their addition to the panel. It remains to be seen if they're genuine options. If it were up to me, O'Malley would start and both Tuohy and O'Mahony would be on the bench.

O'Mahony, Tuohy, Henry and O'Malley deserved to be there in the first instance. I'd less convinced that Ruddock, Hurley, Zebo, Wilkinson and Kearney merit their addition to the panel. It remains to be seen if they're genuine options. If it were up to me, O'Malley would start and both Tuohy and O'Mahony would be on the bench.

dave kearney lol? u sure i thought he was the best player of all the players in the saxons vs wolfhounds game but thats just me.

There's the making of a very good 22 in there. I'd like to see Tuohy, Henry, McFadden and O'Malley in the 22 if at all possible. Peter O'Mahony has a good shout too, but I reckon Henry has him on current form. I'll be irked if any of Ruddock, D'arcy, O'Callaghan, Wallace and Jennings are included. Ruddock for the sole reason that we will have plenty of guys capable of playing 6 or 8 in the starting lineup and the others for lack of form and age.

For me I'd probably go with O'Mahony, he's the bigger talent and I'd give him a crack. Henry deserves it, he has been massive for Ulster all season, but O'Mahony just edges it. But then I'm a gambling man.

Also, Wilkinson kinda has to be there, as elsewise there's only 3 props.

i think the additional players like zebo are just being given the opportunity to train really, so dont think the squad has changed to much from before, just better 2nd row options and possibly centre with EOM

Team will be easy.
Kearney Bowe Earls D'Arcy Trimble Sexton Murray Healy Best Ross Ryan O'Connell Ferris O'Brien Heaslip
Reps: Cronin Court O'Callaghan Jennings Reddan O'Gara McFadden

Not saying its right but come Thursday how many will I be off. Maybe Reddan/Murray but after that I think I'll be close

Team will be easy.
Kearney Bowe Earls D'Arcy Trimble Sexton Murray Healy Best Ross Ryan O'Connell Ferris O'Brien Heaslip

Not saying its right but come Thursday how many will I be off. Maybe Reddan/Murray but after that I think I'll be close

from my point of view sadly your right :(

Team will be easy.

I don't think anyone is disputing that that will more than likely be the team, but it's nice to dream. It's only a few changes away from being what we need too.

I don't think anyone is disputing that that will more than likely be the team, but it's nice to dream. It's only a few changes away from being what we need too.

I think the 1st XV will be as expected but I think he could possibly pick a decent bench.

Prediction:

1: Healy
2: Best
3: Ross
4: PO'C
5: Ryan
6: Ferris
7: SO'B
8: Heaslip
9: Murray
10: Sexton
11: Earls
12: D'Arcy
13: McFadden (I think he'll do it for some reason)
14: Bowe
15: Kearney

16: Cronin
17: Court
18: O'Callaghan
19: Henry/O'Mahony
20: Reddan
21: O'Gara
22: Kearney/O'Malley/Trimble

Yes but the problem is there is no feel of competition in squad which in my opinion is the reason Munster have got a bit of bite back and Leinster have the bit of bite and Ulster too.

For example here in Munster I'll comment on Munster players on that team and I work with Munster so can say it honest -
Earls - Had super game against Saints but is poor on defense at 13 at club level and 1 good game all season doesn't mean you earned an International jersey.
Murray - I think he has had a fine season and is improving constantly and if selected to start deserves it.
Ryan - Is probably the man out of all 1-15 who has earned his jersey the most.
Paulie - Easily earns his stripes and deservedly given the armband.
O'Callaghan - Played well in parts against Castres but look Tuohy is on form we aren't badly stuck at lock and well reward form.
O'Gara - Will be on bench and it's the right call but if time were on his side the call between him and Sexton would be extremely tight.

On flip side -
I think O'Mahony deserves a spot on bench as he has shown he can cover 6,7 and 8 and is in super form.

I'd go with:

1. Healy
2. Best (though Cronin is pushing him)
3. Ross
4. Ryan
5. O'Connell
6. Ferris
7. O'Brien
8. Heaslip
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Trimble
12. McFadden
13. O'Malley
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

16. Cronin 17. Court 18. Tuohy 19. O'Mahony 20. Reddan 21. O'Gara 22. Earls

unfortunately I think mm's team is what Kidney'll pick.

BTW correct me if I'm wron but snoop I believe your a Castleknock man good luck tomorrow but think we i.e. Mary's will win.

Am I the only person expecting him to start O'Gara?

I kinda feel he will but I'm trying not to entertain the thought. This is no slur on RO'G I rate him highly but Sexton is the way to go presuming he's 100%.

In that 32 man squad is our best 15, the question is will he pick it and if he doesn't will that cost us the game against Wales? Good to see O'Malley there but I hope thats not just false selection and he actually uses him. I think the wolfhounds game showed he is capable at defending against big players and he is certainly more so than Earls.

Why do so many people think he'll even start Ryan, DOC like ROG is one of Kidney's pets, he'll be in the starting XV come Wednesday wait and see. Ryan should be on the bench though, which is something.

I kinda feel he will but I'm trying not to entertain the thought. This is no slur on RO'G I rate him highly but Sexton is the way to go presuming he's 100%.

Entertain it. Swill it round your mind like a good whisky in your glass. It's going to happen isn't it?

Latest posts