• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irelands 32 Man Squad

would be nice to see fitzgerald play tbh and has been amazing for leinster this season would be nice to have him for france

IRELAND Team & Replacements (v Wales, 2012 RBS 6 Nations Championship, Aviva Stadium, Sunday, February 5, kick-off 3pm):
15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) (capt)
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
7 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)
Replacements:
16 - Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
18 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
19 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) *
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)

good team, right 9 and 10 choice, and im willing to give earls another shot at 13 but if he ****s up changes will be needed, the only thing i dont like is DOC starting

doc and earls my only sticking points
if earls messes up he should be out
good not to see jennings (would loved to have seen henry)

should be ryan or touhy starting with the other on the bench i see little point in doc

Jesus there's no pleasing some of ye. Earls was always most likely.

Trimble is on the wing which is the right call, Paddy Wallace is not in the squad which is the right call, half back combo is the right call and POM on the bench is a great reward of form.

He wasnt even in the wolfhounds squad, some jump up to make.

Yes I'd have Ryan instead of DOC, but I will have Ryan instead of DOC in the second half so what harm. People howling about DOC being past it clearly arent watching the stats he still pulls every time he takes the field.

Trimble is on the wing which is the right call, Paddy Wallace is not in the squad which is the right call, half back combo is the right call and POM on the bench is a great reward of form.

Yes I'd have Ryan instead of DOC, but I will have Ryan instead of DOC in the second half so what harm. People howling about DOC being past it clearly arent watching the stats he still pulls every time he takes the field.

Lies, damn lies and statistics. ;)

Can agree with all that. An dwhile DOC isn't performing noticably I do know his stats are good. However D.Ryan is in such super form that this should be noted.
And POM wasn't in the Wolfhounds last week because it was known he had a serious chance of being on the bench. And well he has shown he can cover 6,7 or 8 for Munster so is versatile too.

Why do so many people think he'll even start Ryan, DOC like ROG is one of Kidney's pets, he'll be in the starting XV come Wednesday wait and see. Ryan should be on the bench though, which is something.

I'm sick of being right all the time.

Just because Earls was likely to start does not mean he should. I accept he should be given an opportunity now that he has developed but I think McFadden is not only more useful for the game against Wales but also deserves an opportunity above Earls.

How do you know Ryan will come on in the second half? Evidence would rather suggest that Ryan will get no more than 10 minutes of game time and surely we should be starting our strongest team and players that add the most to the team. The admission of Ryan is unjustifiable.

The selections have been made and I will support Ireland all the way but I cannot understand how you can select DOC over Ryan.

Just because Earls was likely to start does not mean he should. I accept he should be given an opportunity now that he has developed but I think McFadden is not only more useful for the game against Wales but also deserves an opportunity above Earls.

How do you know Ryan will come on in the second half? Evidence would rather suggest that Ryan will get no more than 10 minutes of game time and surely we should be starting our strongest team and players that add the most to the team. The admission of Ryan is unjustifiable.

The selections have been made and I will support Ireland all the way but I cannot understand how you can select DOC over Ryan.

Mcfadden is on the bench, if earls isnt going well he'll be in there soon enough.

As for Ryan I'll throw a theory out there. He's the more mobile and adventurous, second half, some tiring legs and we bring him on as an impact player. Sure Munster have worked it the other way around (DOC to come on and bed things down) but until we see how sunday goes there's no proof this is the wrong strategy.

Mcfadden is on the bench, if earls isnt going well he'll be in there soon enough.

As for Ryan I'll throw a theory out there. He's the more mobile and adventurous, second half, some tiring legs and we bring him on as an impact player. Sure Munster have worked it the other way around (DOC to come on and bed things down) but until we see how sunday goes there's no proof this is the wrong strategy.

The problem people are having with DOC's selection is that he's not one of the best 3 locks in the country at the moment. That's what really getting to people. Both Tuohy and Toner have looked better than his in the last 18 months yet neither have gotten the nod. If you want an impact player to run through people after 50 minutes bring Tuohy. If you want to add strength to the lineout bring Toner. It's have to see what DOC brings to the table coming off the bench in comparison.

Also, all well and good bringing Earls off for McFadden if he doesn't play well. But what if he's cost us a try before that happens. Ditto for D'arcy. There are better centres around than our two starters so you can see why these selections are getting on a lot of people's nerves.

Ah but I never said ROG would start, just inbred face.

But you did heavily imply it. Saying he's one one of Kidney's pets pretty sure you said he would somewhere else it's of little importance though.

Latest posts