• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

superrprop

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
With the new laws we have seen a new type of lock emerge. These are under 6 6 and extremely mobile obviously the common lock will remain but will there be at least one of the "new" ones in each pack? These are players such as kevin mclaughlin. Admittedly there are some inconsistencies to this theory such as Brad Thorn who isn't exactly new. Also courtney lawes is 6 7 so maybe they will be taller than 6 5 but will still have to be more mobile. They will also probably not cocentrate on lineouts so much. This has been exemplified by calls to move Ferris to lock.

omg another poll. i was also pretty curious about this when i heard McLaughlin was named at lock and i immediately went to look up how tall he was compared to Brad Thorne. Thorne only has a centimetre on McLaughlin, which made me think McLaughlin's future could be at lock if he was to play well on the weekend. i didn't see the game but he supposedly did well. i think it's common these days to have one jumper and a lock partner to hit rucks while also making the hard yards. i don't know if that's always been the case but it seems to be the best choice as it offers balance. maybe we could see a future Irish partnership of McLaughlin and Nagle, who knows.

Latest posts