• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is there a better big game player than Thierry Dusautoir?

Ben Smith

- - - Updated - - -

the french one? the nz one? the lady hole one?

anyways...

current: Jerome Kaino maybe (o_O)

past: Brian O'Driscoll

What big games has Kaino stepped up in? He's been one of our underperformers.

- - - Updated - - -

Sean O'Brien would be a great player if he managed to become less proficient at knocking the ball on.

- - - Updated - - -

Sione Lauaki as well lol

Sexton to, like that kick he missed in 2013 lol, lol.

Ritchie McCaw, Paul O'Connell, Mike Brown, Huget, Parisse, Halfpenny, Pocock, Schalk Burger etc.

Ben Smith

- - - Updated - - -

What big games has Kaino stepped up in? He's been one of our underperformers.

- - - Updated - - -

Sexton to, like that kick he missed in 2013 lol, lol.

Good shout, like Piri Weepu too. Also Craig Joubert is a great NZ player, always steps up his game when the chips are down! tee hee!

- - - Updated - - -

Ritchie McCaw, Paul O'Connell, Mike Brown, Huget, Parisse, Halfpenny, Pocock, Schalk Burger etc.

Huget's ACL tear was a tear jerker for me. He should have been one of the top players this world cup. So sad to see him limp off. :( Same goes for Scott Williams. That there lad has got to be the Lions first choice 13.

McCaw, Conrad Smith and Carter for the AB's are 3 players who have always been there for the big games.

Good shout, like Piri Weepu too. Also Craig Joubert is a great NZ player, always steps up his game when the chips are down! tee hee!

- - - Updated - - -

Huget's ACL tear was a tear jerker for me. He should have been one of the top players this world cup. So sad to see him limp off. :( Same goes for Scott Williams. That there lad has got to be the Lions first choice 13.

Yeah that Joubert claim is rubbish mate, go to 0.48 and you tell me if you think that's a legitimate penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that Joubert claim is rubbish mate, go to 0.48 and you tell me if you think that's a legitimate penalty.

I know I will get ****** all over for this point of view (like I do regularly on reddit) but i'm just calling it like I see it. Nothing personal mate just I seent it! I Saw!

I was talking about the RWC 2011 final not that Bledisloe game. Thought the AB's, though definitely the best team in the tournament, got away with one in the final. France deserved the game and go no luck in the final 30 mins (except Rougerie's filthy gouge on McCaw) I suppose you guys got a game's worth of good fortune as pay back from Barnes' horror show in 2007. I feel that the crowd or something in RWC's affects a refs ability to call it down the middle as he should. France weren't reffed at the breakdown in 2007, and NZ weren't reffed at the breakdown in 2011. Thats' just how I saw it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I will get ****** all over for this point of view (like I do regularly on reddit) but i'm just calling it like I see it. Nothing personal mate just I seent it! I Saw!

I was talking about the RWC 2011 final not that Bledisloe game. Thought the AB's, though definitely the best team in the tournament, got away with one in the final. France deserved the game and go no luck in the final 30 mins (except Rougerie's filthy gouge on McCaw) I suppose you guys got a game's worth of good fortune as pay back from Barnes' horror show in 2007. I feel that the crowd or something in RWC's affects a refs ability to call it down the middle as he should. France weren't reffed at the breakdown in 2007, and NZ weren't reffed at the breakdown in 2011. Thats' just how I saw it.

Joubert is a home town ref, that's why he's lost his status as the 'best'.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" - Christopher Hitchens

You know we have things like google and youtube now, right? So why not provide some evidence to go with your assertions?

For SA, Matfield has done great in some big games, also Schalk. For THIS wc, the THOR will be the player changing games.

Its just laughable how nearly every thread on here decends into a "in 2011 the AB's got away with this and that and never deserved to win the final"......... I should start making stats for how many Poms ,Irish or French on here come out with that old jem.^_^

You boys have got plenty of time to come up with something original the AB's are gunna be in this tournament for a while yet.

Depends on the definition of a "big game". If it's a RWC final the granddaddy of big games I don't think you can go past Wilkinson.

Depends on the definition of a "big game". If it's a RWC final the granddaddy of big games I don't think you can go past Wilkinson.

Ehh, true... but he's done absolutely nothing else. So, is a final RWC win (through kicking btw...urgh) > many smaller wins?

No love for Dan Biggar in this thread! No one can look past him after this past performance. 8 from 8 and with many difficult kicks in there too, he wa sin the zone. Scott Williams too. I see him as the future Lions 13. With a fit and non imprisoned Tuilagi at 12 and a fit Scott Williams at 13 I think that the Lions will be able to give the AB's centres a good go.

No love for Dan Biggar in this thread! No one can look past him after this past performance. 8 from 8 and with many difficult kicks in there too, he wa sin the zone. Scott Williams too. I see him as the future Lions 13. With a fit and non imprisoned Tuilagi at 12 and a fit Scott Williams at 13 I think that the Lions will be able to give the AB's centres a good go.

Barritt for the Lions! His attacking prowess puts Williams and Tuilagi to shame!