• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's Still Got It!

Sonic CD was on the ill fated Sega CD console that never really took off in the mid 90's. Well, it was shite, basically, as opposed to "not taking off."

In fact, Sega rather lost the plot didn't they? After the success of Mega Drive, Game Gear, Master System, they went downhill with:

Sega Mega CD
32X
Saturn
Dreamcast

Yeah but, the "Sonic mega collection plus" has ALL the old school games such as Sonic 1,2,3 etc all the game gear games and loads more, I don't think it very good in 3D though, bad move for sega.

Long live Sonic, in 2D though.

I bought it (had to take it back after 2 days, cash flow crisis) and there was no Sonic CD and nor could you unlock it supposedly.

Sonic CD?? I think that is unlockable. My friend has it I think, not sure. I could look into it for you though.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 6 2005, 07:26 PM
Sonic CD?? I think that is unlockable. My friend has it I think, not sure. I could look into it for you though.
Please do.

anyone remeber the soccer game on SNES!
it had indoor as well
now that was f@#king awesome!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 6 2005, 09:11 PM
Sonic CD was on the ill fated Sega CD console that never really took off in the mid 90's. Well, it was shite, basically, as opposed to "not taking off."

In fact, Sega rather lost the plot didn't they? After the success of Mega Drive, Game Gear, Master System, they went downhill with:

Sega Mega CD
32X
Saturn
Dreamcast
WTF are you smoking?

Sega Mega CD - Ok, there was no excuse
32X - Had some of the best games ever (VR Deluxe, Star Wars Arcade, Virtua Fighter, Machinehead, Doom et al.). Main problem was only being overpriced.
Saturn - Had Sega Rally and VF2. Still better than a PSX
Dreamcast - Stone me, how the hell can you call the DC a bad console? Is your head really shoved that far up Sony's ass?

Show me the console sale figures.... Tell me why Sega no longer make consoles......

Ah....

Simple, because Sony sold more machines and it wasn't economically viable for Sega to make another machine.

And why did Sony sell more (apart from the dirty tatics and smeer advertising campaigns; look at the Half-Life Fiasco)? Because their called 'Sony'. Fickle idiots buy a machine because of the brand instead of the machines merit; Hensy why the PS2 still outsells the Xbox, even though the Microshite machine is far superior.

Exactly the same reason why someone will pay £100 for a pair of Nike trainers instead of £35 for some Hi-Tec's.

I would buy the Hi Tecs, because they are more durable. Name doesn't matter to me. As it turns out, Sony is the most reliable brand on earth, imo.

f***ing hell; Sony's break down more than any other brand on earth.

The Playstation is famous for not working and there was an uproar a few years back regarding their walkmans that in the same veign as the recent iPod micro cock ups.

Give me my PHILIPS television anyday...

PS2's are well known as unreliable machines. And I agree with Teh Mite all up.

I don't actually own any Sony products anymore, now that I've sold my PS2 (a replacement for a replacement I might add)....Wait, going on the Sega thing, I loved the Saturn...I never had a dreamcast, but the Saturn was my baby for a good year or so...

Latest posts