• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's Still Got It!

S

St Helens RLFC

That's right!

Due to the fact my PS2 is broke, it's time to wheel out the Mega Drive 2 again. Looks like I'll be playing Brian Lara 97 instead of 2005! Sensible Soccer instead of Pro Evo 5, and Sonic instead of Rugby League 2, for the near future anyway....

Anyone still got this classic console knocking about?

Wow, I had one of those! And an Amiga 500! And a Game Gear, which I still have actually...

Can't afford a PSP.

But as for retro games, man, I wish I still had my SNES. Nothing beats Super Famicom....Nothing beats rock.

Actually, Megadrive and SNES are about equal I think. As is their mascots Sonic and Super Pipe dream man respectively....That is, if you play Sonic the 'right' way.

Define "the right way?"

Or do I want an insight into Planet Kaftka?

Meh, too many Badniks lying about. Anyone remember the Marble Zone? That was tough, back in the day!

Still got a Mega-Drive lying about in my attic, but IMO it's one of the best consoles ever.

I still use an emulator to play classics such as Brian Lara Cricket '96 (the best version
<
), Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe and Sensi.

there were some great classics across all sorts of platforms mega drive had some good game so did the snes and the amiga. i only have a pc now so rely on emulation and pc remakes of some old classic like leemings and metal slug.

PSP = Good for handheld, not worth 180 quid though no way.

As for classic consoles my dad is a collecter, he has an Atari (not which one but has wooden panelling on it and it was the originator for Space invaders and Pac man)
PS1
Dreamcast
Xbox
All sorts I have lost count.

i still have my mega drive, about about 30 games for it, ahvn't played it for ages. got world cup rugby 95, NHL 95. NBA Live 95 (i won a trip to aussie playing that!!!), Earth Worm Jim, Sonic, Sonic 2, paperboy, some baseball game, blc96 (it had all the real players on it then suddenly they all went, sent it back to codies and they replaced it
<
i will always love codies for that), Lion King

got heaps of others, i just can't remember them all, they are in my closet back at home though i may get them out next time i am down
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Oct 5 2005, 08:47 AM
got heaps of others, i just can't remember them all, they are in my closet back at home though i may get them out next time i am down
<
Just whenever you're ready to bring them out of the closet though. The worst thing to do is rush it. Some people are very judgemental.

St Helen got me looking around last night... consquently I was upto Half past 2 last night trying to beat NBA Jam again... now Im gonna start on NHL 95 and Bill Walsh College Football 94.

I hate school holidays.

I think I threw out my old sega master system in the bin last week. Last year I went looking for some cords for it so that my ex could reminisce playing sonic but dick smiths and co didn't have any anymore

Did anyone else love Joe Montana's Sportstalk football on mege drive, That was one of my favourite all time games. Havent played it since I was 13 or 14, does anyone have it?? Is it i good as I remember it??

It was the one that had a side view that zoomed in as the QB threw the ball.

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 5 2005, 01:17 AM
consquently I was upto Half past 2 last night trying to beat NBA Jam again...
Ah, NBA Jam.
<

Used to spend hours playing that against my cousin, loved the dunk animation that shattered the backboard...

It will still have it......

When I find my power adapter, which is missing..............

Latest posts