• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

Not very progressive or open minded

Irony overload.
EhSPuMA.jpg

Agreed but he doesn't want rehab or redemption so he can continue to stay away.

Whether he wants Rehabilitation or Redemption is irrelevant
He's been punished already He has broken no criminal laws

Folau has been denied the chance to play for Australia & Super Rugby for an AUS Franchise Bearing in mind he's been their best player since his debut

That's his punishment & as far I'm concerned the slate is clear
We move on I'm not a vindictive sociopath aka a Journalist

Whether he wants Rehabilitation or Redemption is irrelevant
He's been punished already He has broken no criminal laws

Folau has been denied the chance to play for Australia & Super Rugby for an AUS Franchise Bearing in mind he's been their best player since his debut

That's his punishment & as far I'm concerned the slate is clear
We move on I'm not a vindictive sociopath aka a Journalist

But he's not accepting the punishment awarded to him, hence the endless battles to court. He hasn't accepted the penalties awarded to him, and my guess is he never will because of his narrow-minded approach to this situation.

It's debatable whether he was Aus and NSW best player, as it seems like they perform better when he doesn't play for them. While he's good alone, it appears it affects the team. And last time I checked, rugby was a team sport.

Whether or not he has broken criminal laws is irrelevant. He broke civil laws which are just as relevant in the eyes of the court and the public as a criminal case.

poor folau. so after he made his first comment he got a half $million pay rise and said he wouldnt do it again.
then he did again and said he would take it down, then reneged and said he had to leave it up. turns out this was his father telling him that it was unchristian to take down the tweet.`
then he said that if his actions ruined aus rugby he would walk away. hmmm not sure how this court case is beneficial for RA.
just desserts? yeah i dont think folau has been punished enough yet. no remorse, no admission of being a d!khead.
as long as folau thinks he's right then i'm happy to heap on more punishment.
i know im petty

Well said

This is why I despise the current standards we have for such actions
It resembles a modern day Inquisition
Reactionaries Mobs running the show
Not very progressive or open minded

I hope Folau plays rugby again He's a great player
His views are his alone & should not exclude his from playing
Rehabilitation applies to everyone Redemption is a wonderful concept

dont misunderstand me...he's an arse who can stay away from Rugby as far as im concerned.

just desserts? yeah i dont think folau has been punished enough yet. no remorse, no admission of being a d!khead.
as long as folau thinks he's right then i'm happy to heap on more punishment.
i know im petty

My My My

You'd think Folau was an evil megalomaniac from the way folks on this thread are talking about himo_Oo_O

Folau's comments were not acceptable by current western standards
What's not being discussed is:

1. He's already been punished by having his contract terminated & denied playing in a RWC
Rugby is a poorer sport without his presence

2. His comments/post were not Criminal They merely offended Liberal
Western Sensibilities

3. His comments/posts are in part or entirely in conjunction with the views of many people in most parts of the world - just think how many billions of Muslims Christians & Jews there are worldwide......

This might not be palatable to some but there're many worse things I've seen in Rugby than Israel Folau's "comments/posts"

Western Sensibilities

3. His comments/posts are in part or entirely in conjunction with the views of many people in most parts of the world - just think how many billions of Muslims Christians & Jews there are worldwide......
2. They also offended the terms of his contract in a pretty obvious way as well in fairness. And since when is criminal law in any way relevant to whether or not he should be allowed play rugby? You can be a piece of s*** without breaking the law.

3. That's entirely irrelevant and isn't even close to acting as any sort of justification for his actions.
This might not be palatable to some but there're many worse things I've seen in Rugby than Israel Folau's "comments/posts"
Again, entirely irrelevant. There being other worse things doesn't make it okay.

But then again you have a track record of homophobia on this site so I don't know what I'm bothering.

My My My

You'd think Folau was an evil megalomaniac from the way folks on this thread are talking about himo_Oo_O

Folau's comments were not acceptable by current western standards
What's not being discussed is:

1. He's already been punished by having his contract terminated & denied playing in a RWC

Western Sensibilities

a decent chunk of the world use to think slavery was ok...or that the world was flat....just because the majority of people think something doesn't mean its right

1. But he's not accepting the punishment awarded to him, hence the endless battles to court.

2. It's debatable whether he was Aus and NSW best player

3. Whether or not he has broken criminal laws is irrelevant. He broke civil laws which are just as relevant in the eyes of the court and the public as a criminal case.

1. Whether he's accepting the punishment is immaterial He's already been punished Contracted has been terminated which has cost him millions of $$$ & he's been denied a chance to play at a RWC at his peak

2. There's no debate Folau was NSW Waratahs best player whilst he played there There's no one close with due respect to Kepu/Hooper Also bear in mind he's the All Time Try Scorer in Super Rugby History No amount of revisionist history can change this fact

With regards to Wallabies he was also their best player Pocock whilst an excellent player barely played for them in recent times

3. Civil Cases might matter to you as someone in the legal profession but to everyone else are irrelevant The burden of proof is so much lower as to make the verdict near meaningless

You keep saying this but I've proven that the WBs and rugby is not poorer without him and both in fact are better.

As for the rest, all been done. You need to read the thread as all this has been debunked already.

You should also respect mania who has big ties to the islands, Christian and fa'afafine (did I spell it right?) culture.

1. Whether he's accepting the punishment is immaterial He's already been punished Contracted has been terminated which has cost him millions of $$$ & he's been denied a chance to play at a RWC at his peak
The only person denying him a chance to play at the RWC is him. Hard to feel sorry for him when he's brought this entirely om himself, I have zero sympathy for his situation before I even take into the account that I find him reprehensible as a person.
3. Civil Cases might matter to you as someone in the legal profession but to everyone else are irrelevant The burden of proof is so much lower as to make the verdict near meaningless
I'm no lawyer but this is just wrong.

I've proven that rugby is not poorer without him and both in fact are better.

You should also respect mania who has big ties to the islands, Christian and fa'afafine (did I spell it right?) culture.

Your 1st statement is on flimsy grounds A great player is no longer playing How that can be conceived to make the game better is beyond me But hey we are in strange times.....

Part 2: I appreciate Mania's points: It's why we're here To learn new ideas, concepts about the game, share our opinions as well

Here's another element to this matter: Good article by Daniel Leo- a man who needs no introduction

https://extra.ie/2019/04/28/sport/rugby/the-big-interview-folau

The matter involves: Religion, Social Norms & Values, Psychology Sociology Economics etc
It's a fascinating yet complex matter

Turning Folau into a cartoon villain is so simplistic & crude There're many layers to this story I'm not one for Inhabiting Echo Chambers...

Here's another element to this matter: Good article by Daniel Leo- a man who needs no introduction

https://extra.ie/2019/04/28/sport/rugby/the-big-interview-folau
wow awesome article . thank you for sharing.
for me as an islander , izzy has to be silenced. he has way too much influence .
i have cousins i grew up with that are faafafine's and when they were struggling with their identity they (as so many others do) contemplated suicide because they didnt fit. had folau words reached them im scared it wouldve pushed them over the edge and i wouldve lost them. i fear the faafafine's that izzy is reaching now.
folau is getting everything he deserves. pasifika cannot afford to give high profile players like folau credence because his views are wrong and exclusive.
folau's sueing for AU$10million. what is a life of a confused gay kid worth?
i just want izzy to go away.

ps i renounced my Christianity because of izzy

wow awesome article . thank you for sharing.
for me as an islander , izzy has to be silenced. he has way too much influence .
i have cousins i grew up with that are faafafine's and when they were struggling with their identity they (as so many others do) contemplated suicide because they didnt fit. had folau words reached them im scared it wouldve pushed them over the edge and i wouldve lost them. i fear the faafafine's that izzy is reaching now.
folau is getting everything he deserves. pasifika cannot afford to give high profile players like folau credence because his views are wrong and exclusive.
folau's sueing for AU$10million. what is a life of a confused gay kid worth?
i just want izzy to go away.

ps i renounced my Christianity because of izzy
i "liked" your post but just wanted to say how sorry i am your felt you had to renounce your Christianity, im sure that was hard

me too and it is. but i dont want to be associated with Christians like folau.

i havent told my parents

I liked your post too, for the sentiment and articulating the real life impact a 'tweet' can have. Im ready for this to be resolved so we can all put this behind and move forward.

Latest posts