• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Rug...ed-to-apologise-for-homophobic-posts-20191010

Former Wallabies star Israel Folau offered a public apology over his anti-gay social media posts and agreed to allow Rugby Australia to review future posts before uploading them, court documents show.

In court documents made public on Thursday, Folau's lawyers said he offered a series of concessions to Rugby Australia for what they called a "low-level" breach of the governing body's code of conduct.

These included paying a fine to Rugby Australia, serving a four-week suspension, and "submitting to mentoring sessions about how he could practice his faith publicly and how he could best articulate his religious views and beliefs on social media".

The case is due to go to mediation in December.

Mediation?? So seems like he realised the paw-paw hath hitteth the fan..

Mediation is mandatory, usually. Have to seek leave to dodge it.

Told you he wasn't a true believer, taking direction from his legal team over the 'good book'. His head has probably been messed with since he was a kid, so I have to cut him some slack. If I was more emotionally invested and used Twitter I'd probably go calling him out for his lack of faith.

With that said, he does know that revenge, not contrition, is a dish best served cold?

I can only imagine Cheika's expressions when he hears that his star fullback could have been in Japan right now if he'd played the situation less boneheadedly.

Told you he wasn't a true believer, taking direction from his legal team over the 'good book'. His head has probably been messed with since he was a kid, so I have to cut him some slack. If I was more emotionally invested and used Twitter I'd probably go calling him out for his lack of faith.

With that said, he does know that revenge, not contrition, is a dish best served cold?

I can only imagine Cheika's expressions when he hears that his star fullback could have been in Japan right now if he'd played the situation less boneheadedly.
I thought he'd only found this church in the last few years, claims from former teams mates saying the change in him was stark

It's absolutely not a coincidence that this news comes out just while everyone is posing their s*** over the typhoon.

It's absolutely not a coincidence that this news comes out just while everyone is posing their s*** over the typhoon.
...i mean the court case is currently underway so makes sense for it to come out to the press once presented in court

The man has lost it Bush fires due to homosexuality.
Unbelievable.
Fair play to fire fighters

The man has lost it Bush fires due to homosexuality.
Unbelievable.
Fair play to fire fighters
If had hadn't gone too far before he may have now, bush fires seem to be pretty universally uniting, forget everything else, fires bad...trying to use them for personal gain is low...portraying God as this way, ill indiscriminately burn you all because you decided everyone should have the same rights....he's definitely doing more harm than good for Christianity

Starting to worry about the man's sanity now. Why are certain parts of the Christian church so obsessed with homosexuality? There are other "sins" for them to blame Bush fires on.

If had hadn't gone too far before he may have now, bush fires seem to be pretty universally uniting, forget everything else, fires bad...trying to use them for personal gain is low...portraying God as this way, ill indiscriminately burn you all because you decided everyone should have the same rights....he's definitely doing more harm than good for Christianity
Fair play

do we have any tongans on this forum?
i'd really know how you guys feel about folau.
im samoan and im embarrassed that folau is of polynesian ilk

awesome. this is going to make RA's case so much easier.

so basically folau is saying that the people directly suffereing from the bushfires and droughts is a direct punishment at sinners, ie all the gays and other sinners in aus are to blame for people losing their lives in the bush fires and suffering from drought.

omg folau makes islanders look like simple villagers who still sacrifice virgins to the volcano gods. what a fkn muppet and a simplistic view of god. so god killed these bushfire victims to punish the gay community?

awesome. this is going to make RA's case so much easier.

so basically folau is saying that the people directly suffereing from the bushfires and droughts is a direct punishment at sinners, ie all the gays and other sinners in aus are to blame for people losing their lives in the bush fires and suffering from drought.

omg folau makes islanders look like simple villagers who still sacrifice virgins to the volcano gods. what a fkn muppet and a simplistic view of god. so god killed these bushfire victims to punish the gay community?
It probably won't have any direct impact on the case. Public opinion will be firmly against the absolute ****** though.

It probably won't have any direct impact on the case. Public opinion will be firmly against the absolute ****** though.
it will go towards explaining what a divisive and fkd up mentality he has and how his accusations are stupid and the ravings of a god warrior lunatic.

god save me from the righteous

I used to see a fair few Aussies in social media arguing folau should have stayed in the squad and it was a "religious freedom" issue, I suspect a fair few will be swallowing their words now.

Absolute **** of the highest order

Unbelievable. Where you draw the line between zealousness and sanity?
i started questioning his sanity...too many knocks to the head?...when he claimed god spoke to him telling him he was doing the right thing

Latest posts