• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

If you sort by highest donation there's a lot of big money anonymous ones on there

...anyone else spot the disclaimer at the bottom saying that he doesn't need to use the funds for his legal action.

Con artist.

...anyone else spot the disclaimer at the bottom saying that he doesn't need to use the funds for his legal action.

Con artist.

In making this contribution I acknowledge that my contributions are made freely as a gift on the basis previously affirmed and that there will be no obligations on Israel Folau to do anything for me in recognition of the gift or to apply the funds in any particular way with respect to his legal action, and that I hold no expectation to receive anything in return for my contribution.

Yeah makes a mockery of it, but pretty standard disclaimer on gofund me.

So lets say he wins his millions of compensation, F*cks over Aussie rugby and all of his team mates for years as it will take a while to recover....what has he vowed to give back? Sweet F A maybe? Greedy ****

But at least he wont have taken money from people alot poorer than he is

Last edited:

Con artist.

Think the disclaimer is saying that the donor cannot influence how the legal action is conducted, not that the funds can be applied for other reasons.

As I understand it RA is in a pretty dire financial position. Long time ago and different reasons, but the Diane Modahl case bankrupted the British Athletics Federation.

This pretty well sums it up for me

"Folau was asked about their criticism when he appeared on 2GB radio yesterday, and once again displayed a staggering lack of self-awareness.

'It was quite the shock to me. Whether or not that was really what they meant, I don't take any of those things personal. I have no harsh feelings towards them,' Folau told Alan Jones.

'If I do carry hate or judgmental feelings towards them, I'm actually going against the very thing that I actually believe in and what my faith speaks about.'

OK, so it's bad to have hateful or judgmental feelings towards other human beings. Got it. I have just a couple of follow-up questions.

What could be more judgmental than the belief that people deserve to go to hell, to suffer for eternity, because of their sexuality?

What could be more hateful than telling someone the very essence of who they are, something they cannot change, is wrong?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...s/news-story/89897104695684c33f196be9ef8181b3

Folau is clueless and ignorant about the world around him

Con artist.
Just like mother Teresa. People donated a f ton of money to her Calcutta orphanage charity, with which she built 150 churches around the world while the orphanage remained in a dire state , for example with no means of sterilising the needles

It been interesting trawling through the usernames of people donating on his page. Its clear that there are some who are donating the minimum $5 so that they can use their usernames to have a go at Folau

$5 - Proud To Be Gay As

$5 - davidkoresh gasmaskforsale

$5 - Israelisa MassiveC*nt

$5 - IsraelChangedReligions ToSuitHisBankAccount

Amusing at least. (I thought "davidkoresh gasmaskforsale" was a nice bit of dark humour)

If you didn't think Folau was a money grubbing prick already, you might yet change your mind.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ort-as-he-sits-on-56m-property-portfolio?rm=m

He sits on an almost $6 million property portfolio, and then has the sheer audacity to feign poverty and appeal to gullible chumps for donations to so he can sue Rugby Australia for $10 million after he stated implicitly that if he thought he was harming rugby, he would walk away from the game and his contract.

So much for the Christian values that Folau purports to represent

Remember your Bible Mr Folau, particularly Timothy 6:7 "For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out."

I've tried to stay away from this thread but:

Jesus Christ. What a c***. (Folau, not Jesus).

What's even his end goal here? If he loses he's wasted a ton of money and if he wins he's potentially bankrupted the sport in Australia, f***ing over all his fans and former teammates in the process. It's not like he needs the money (either from his unfair dismissal case, or the b******t funding page), he's a f***ing millionaire.

The worst thing about this is that there are hundreds, if not thousands of gay rugby players all around the world who are going to feel far less comfortable playing the sport they love just because one selfish d*** has decided spouting nonsense from a 2000 year old book, in an obvious and direct violation of his contract, was a good idea. The only good thing to come of this is that the homophobic bigot will never set foot on a professional rugby pitch ever again. He and his ilk shouldn't be welcome in our sport and the sooner this ends the better.

F*** him.

I've tried to stay away from this thread but:

Jesus Christ. What a c***. (Folau, not Jesus).

What's even his end goal here? If he loses he's wasted a ton of money and if he wins he's potentially bankrupted the sport in Australia, f***ing over all his fans and former teammates in the process. It's not like he needs the money (either from his unfair dismissal case, or the b******t funding page), he's a f***ing millionaire.

F*** him.
If he loses he's wasted a ton of OTHER PEOPLES money!

And yes....F*** him.

Latest posts