• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

James Haskell - How disrespectful is this....

You say 'posh private school arrogant rugby lad' like it excuses them of highly offensive inappropriate behavior. It doesn't!

Yeah of course, Andy Powell took a golf cart for a spin down a motorway slip road - hardly the same though is it? Not that its appropriate, because its not. But there are differences between wrecking a boat and getting the owner threatened with menaces - oh and the perversion involved in filming an unaware girl being 'nailed' as Olyy so delicately put it.
What Powell did is significantly worse than what Haskell did with the boat. That is not a debate.

Liam Williams - donned blackface because he was "mates with Wilfried Bony".
Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding - had a rather discriminating night out on the town.
Rob Kearney - has a lookalike who bones chicks on balconies.
Conor Murray and Simon Zebo - love a good time together.
Andy Powell - Drunk driving
The RFU's decision to send midget throwers instead of rugby players to the 2011 RWC
Denis Buckley - Had a drunk chat with me in a nightclub jacks with me once.

All things I consider at least as newsworthy as this and show a character at least as "bad" as Haskell here.

Nonce?
He was like 16

Yes he was and he was 17 when he did the welsh expenses thing. Already he was showing stellar character traits. I assume you subscribe the common misconception that 'nonces' (I actually hate that word) suddenly spring up in middle age with long trench coats on and a van full of puppies?

QUOTE="TRF_Olyy, post: 938911, member: 34990"]What ridiculous logic.

Everyone under 16 is a nonce, then, cause they fancy underage people?[/QUOTE]

What is? Its a known fact that there are people of dubious intent right through age groups. Don't lets start quoting examples because it will get completely off the subject of why I started this thread. And NO every under 16 is not a nonce, that is just a ludicrous thing to say. But there are codes of behaviour that are acceptable and those that are not - thats what determines a nonce, not the age. Age actually has little to do with it. The filming that Haskell did happened to be a young girl. But the same could be applied if the girl was older - it was the fact that he did it covertly and without consent makes him an offender. Or would today. Not sure what the law would say back then.

I don't think you know what a nonce is, and what you're accusing him of.

You're calling him a paedophile.

What is? Its a known fact that there are people of dubious intent right through age groups. Don't lets start quoting examples because it will get completely off the subject of why I started this thread. And NO every under 16 is not a nonce, that is just a ludicrous thing to say. But there are codes of behaviour that are acceptable and those that are not - thats what determines a nonce, not the age. Age actually has little to do with it. The filming that Haskell did happened to be a young girl. But the same could be applied if the girl was older - it was the fact that he did it covertly and without consent makes him an offender. Or would today. Not sure what the law would say back then.

I think the point is that you can't punish a guy (or girl) for iffy decisions that they make in adolescence... as a 17 year old I would happily of destroyed both boats and ho's in equal measure... yet now I would never dream of objectifying a sea-fairing craft (you did say I could jest ;))...

We're all dick-heads as youths... and 'some' of us grow out of it, some don't. The ones who don't can be called out as adults but not while they were kids as we were all at it.

This thread makes me happy.

Started with a player who had the chance to play for wales and england took them both to give best chance of playing rugby and took abit of money from each. If he got picked by wales not england would we be moaning about the £50 he got or what ever it was. I wouldnt.

Some how that went into he's a dick

He's a pedo

Ahh he's not that bad we all smashed boats and ho's when we were younger.

And in all that one angry welshmen that couldnt stop biting :)

Latest posts