• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

James Haskell - How disrespectful is this....

I don't think you know what a nonce is, and what you're accusing him of.

You're calling him a paedophile.

Taking Haskell out of the equation at the moment because its way off - a nonce could be the rapist of a 3yr old child, or an 80 yr old pensioner. Or indeed anything in between. Age of the victim or perpetrator is irrelevent. And ANY offence of a sexual nature would also qualify the nonce tag. I absolutely did NOT call Haskell or anyone a paedophile. You choose to use his age at the time as a defence. It just so happens that they were schoolkids. It was yourself that brought his rather delightful history into it. Not me!

I think the point is that you can't punish a guy (or girl) for iffy decisions that they make in adolescence... as a 17 year old I would happily of destroyed both boats and ho's in equal measure... yet now I would never dream of objectifying a sea-fairing craft (you did say I could jest ;))...

We're all dick-heads as youths... and 'some' of us grow out of it, some don't. The ones who don't can be called out as adults but not while they were kids as we were all at it.

I get this - I get the lighter side of it. But you gotta look at the way things are these days - with historical 'events' being investigated and prosecuted. And I have to say, yep we all did rubbish things in our early years, but now there are cases of minors being prosecuted and convicted for abuse / rape. And lets not get into the whole Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris thing...... Historical cases ever day of the week. If any schoolkid did what Haskell did today, there would me more to it than this conversation 10 years later. Just saying.

This thread makes me happy.

Started with a player who had the chance to play for wales and england took them both to give best chance of playing rugby and took abit of money from each. If he got picked by wales not england would we be moaning about the £50 he got or what ever it was. I wouldnt.

Some how that went into he's a dick

He's a pedo

Ahh he's not that bad we all smashed boats and ho's when we were younger.

And in all that one angry welshmen that couldnt stop biting :)

Angry? Me? Nope.

But Haskell is a dick - its been pretty much agreed in this thread. Keep up :)

I'm massively sleep deprived from law school entrance exams right now, this thread is a manifestation of my delirium, isn't it? It has to be!

At last, the voice of reason! It kills me when people think they're untouchable! NEWSFLASH - they're not!

So Hask has announced his retirement at the end of the season... a more than decent tier one international (that probably sounds a bit disrespectful but it isn't at all my intent) and a great character of the game. For me the latter is a really important part of my enjoyment of sports... sure I appreciate the moments of great skill, bravery, intelligence or a combination of all three as we all do... but I also get a great kick out of athletes who are able to inject a bit of themselves into high pressure situations and Hask definitely did that.

Although Hask was the butt of this particular joke, I will watch the Marler water squirt (and subsequent Care water squirt) of Hask semi-regularly until the day I die... it just makes me smile every time.

Last edited:

Latest posts