• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

James Haskell - How disrespectful is this....

He was 17 when he did what he did. But I'd argue that even a 5 yr old knows right from wrong. He was not 17 when he boasted about it on video for all to see. And if he is as savvy in social media as is being made out, he should know that SM can make you and break you. This makes me laugh, it reminds me of all of the bullies coming out to stick up for the one big bully. I don't know Haskell, he might well be a nice guy, but he's a dick for making that video - and that very video could come back to haunt him. As you ALL know it could.
He wasn't boasting about it. He was telling a story on a podcast.

How's it gonna come back and bite him on the arse?
The wru are gonna demand he pays back the £50 petrol money he claimed?
That'll bankrupt him!

He wasn't boasting about it. He was telling a story on a podcast.

Really? It sounds like he's taking the p*** to be honest. I wish I could have the same filters fitted as you have.

Question what did Haskell do that was wrong?

Legally nothing, like I said in my OP, maybe it was all above board. Its a character thing isn't it. Little things like this show the true character of a man (or woman). And the 'joke' about his grandmother is another disrespectful p*** taking.

How's it gonna come back and bite him on the arse?
The wru are gonna demand he pays back the £50 petrol money he claimed?
That'll bankrupt him!

See above reply regarding character. Many people have been made online and also destroyed online. The amount of expenses is totally irrelevant. And no it won't bankrupt him, but I guess you had to get that in hey?

This is 100% in the character of Haskell though - it's not like him acting like this will come as a shock to anyone.

He demolished a boat on a social and got his dad to threaten to ruin the company if they went to the press

Kicked out of school for secretly filming a girl while Paul Doran Jones nailed her

This is pretty tame

Really? It sounds like he's taking the p*** to be honest. I wish I could have the same filters fitted as you have.

Legally nothing, like I said in my OP, maybe it was all above board. Its a character thing isn't it. Little things like this show the true character of a man (or woman). And the 'joke' about his grandmother is another disrespectful p*** taking.

See above reply regarding character. Many people have been made online and also destroyed online. The amount of expenses is totally irrelevant. And no it won't bankrupt him, but I guess you had to get that in hey?

I actually find Haskell quite entertaining and watch the podcast regularly... when I saw him talking about this on the pod I just thought it was an interesting little insight into the thought processes of up and coming young rugby players.

No bitterness about losing out on Hask... will always be a bit bitter about losing the Vunipolas.

This is 100% in the character of Haskell though - it's not like him acting like this will come as a shock to anyone.

He demolished a boat on a social and got his dad to threaten to ruin the company if they went to the press

Kicked out of school for secretly filming a girl while Paul Doran Jones nailed her

This is pretty tame

100% the character of Haskell? And you think this helps his case? OK!

100% the character of Haskell? And you think this helps his case? OK!

If the @TRF_Olyy post is true (& I've no reason to think it not) we lost nothing bar a little bit of exile program investment.

We should (still) be celebrating our lads after a year of excellence rather than biting at incidents of little consequence that happened over a decade ago.

Who says it helps anything?
He's always been an arsehole, this story doesn't change anything

Posh, Private School arrogant rugby lad.
Plenty of them.

But TBF to him he is always very popular in the rugby players crowd.

But then the welsh had Andy Powell who was an angel by all accounts.

Aye, every locker room has someone like that

Great fun to be around but looking in from the outside they're just a bellend

Why are the welsh so sensitive?

Sennsitive? How would you feel if it was your daughter this dick had filmed? Or say it was your dad who'd been threatened with having his company ruined because of what this dick had done? This has nothing to do with nations, and you know it.

Who says it helps anything?
He's always been an arse-hole, this story doesn't change anything

Finally! And this was my point, he is an areshole!

Posh, Private School arrogant rugby lad.
Plenty of them.

But TBF to him he is always very popular in the rugby players crowd.

But then the welsh had Andy Powell who was an angel by all accounts.

You say 'posh private school arrogant rugby lad' like it excuses them of highly offensive inappropriate behavior. It doesn't!

Yeah of course, Andy Powell took a golf cart for a spin down a motorway slip road - hardly the same though is it? Not that its appropriate, because its not. But there are differences between wrecking a boat and getting the owner threatened with menaces - oh and the perversion involved in filming an unaware girl being 'nailed' as Olyy so delicately put it.

Andy Powell put his, and others, lives at risk drunk driving on the motorway (regardless of vehicle choice). Worse imo, I've no time for drunk drivers at all.

If the @TRF_Olyy post is true (& I've no reason to think it not) we lost nothing bar a little bit of exile program investment.

We should (still) be celebrating our lads after a year of excellence rather than biting at incidents of little consequence that happened over a decade ago.

This is actually true. I've made my point now. Or rather Olyy made it for me. Thanks Olyy.

Andy Powell put his, and others, lives at risk drunk driving on the motorway (regardless of vehicle choice). Worse imo, I've no time for drunk drivers at all.

He did, it was thoroughly stupid. Wasn't it after that incident he was dropped from the squad? I don't think it leaves less of a bad taste in the mouth than Haskell who it seems habitually undertakes act of random stupidity and unpleasantness! And then there is the saying two wrong don't make a right.

Latest posts