• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan confirm 2014 fixtures

Masato_Ninja

Academy Player
Country Flag
Japan
Club or Nation
Sungoliath
this season may not be the best for japan. but i think we can win most these games. but the irb rankings say that we are higher than everyone who we play but sometimes it doesn't mean anything.

this year we have 5 players in Super 15 rugby but they dont regularly start for they're team even though with toomua injured for the brumbies i would have loved to see Harumichi Tatekawa have a shot at 10 for the brumbies but after that i dont think he'll be getting into the squad when we have Kosei Ono who played well for suntory. for players to get a first cap during the pacific nations cup i would love to see Akihito Yamada playing he's been outstanding in the last 2 years off top league rugby he definitely needs to get a cap for japan but i know its hard with Kenki Fukuoka and Yoshikazu Fujita in competition but he can replace Toshiaki Hirose as Fujita always seem to be on the bench and i dont know why. i also cant wait to see what Kotara Matsushima is like the former sharks player and only 21 i see potential in him but i want to see him in a suntory kit.

2014 Fixtures:

7th June 2014 - Canada vs Japan
Swangard Stadium, Burnaby, Canada

14th June 2014 - USA vs Japan
Aloha Stadium, Halawa, Hawaii

21st June 2014 - Japan vs Italy
Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium, Tokyo, Japan

as the rankings say we should win all these matches, japan is ranked 13th and the teams were all playing are Canada (15), USA (18) and Italy (14).

Being more realistic we're props going to lose to italy but it will be close. i cant call if japan is going to beat canada it will be close and i think were going to just beat the US.

whats interesting that the us has beaten us more then we have beaten then. we have never beaten the italian but theres always a first like i never expected to beat wales last year and we have beaten the canadians more than we've beaten them but yeah tough one for us

This would be good mid-year internationals, specially because they are right after the A5N.
If they keep the same team for the all 7 games, it would be a great team building.
Expecting good results from Japan, specially against Italy!!!

i really liked Kyosuke Horie performance this year i would like to see him in the japanese jersey. or i would like to see abit from Atsushi Hiwasa in the pacific nations

the japanese training squad have been posted today

Forwards: Justin Ives (Canon Eagles), Yusuke Aoki (Suntory Sungoliath), Takuma Asahara (Toshiba Brave Lupus), Shoji Ito (Kobelco Steelers), Keita Inagaki (Panasonic Wild Knights), Hitoshi Ono (Toshiba Brave Lupus), Takashi Kikutani (Toyota Verblitz), Naohiro Kotaki (Teikyo), Hendrik Tui (Suntory Sungoliath), Luke Thompson (Kintetsu Liners), Yusuke Nagae (/), Kensuke Hatakeyama (Suntory Sungoliath), Hisateru Hirashima (Kobelco Steelers), Michael Broadhurst (Ricoh Black Rams), Hayden Hopgood (Toyota Verblitz), Ryu Koliniashi Holani (Panasonic Wild Knights), Kyosuke Horie (Yamaha Jubilo), Shota Horie (Melbourne Rebels), Shinya Makabe (Suntory Sungoliath), Masataka Mikami (Toshiba Brave Lupus), Ryuta Yasui (Kobelco Steelers), Hiroshi Yama****a (Kobelco Steelers), Hiroki Yuhara (Toshiba Brave Lupus), Michael Leitch (Toshiba Brave Lupus)

Backs: Atsushi Hiwasa (Suntory Sungoliath), Fumiaki Tanaka (Highlanders), Keisuke Uchida (Tsukuba), Ryoto Nakamura (Teikyo), Harumichi Tatekawa (Brumbies), Yu Tamura (NEC Green Rockets), Craig Wing (Kobelco Steelers), Male Sau (Melbourne Rebels), Yasuki Hayashi (Panasonic Wild Knights), Toshiaki Hirose (Toshiba Brave Lupus), Kotaro Matsushima (Suntory Sungoliath), Akihito Yamada (Panasonic Wild Knights), Kenki Fukuoka (Tsukuba), Yoshikazu Fujita (Waseda), Daishi Murata (Suntory Sungoliath), Ayumu Goromaru (Yamaha Jubilo)

so there are 3 players in the team which still plays rugby for they're university ? well they are really good players i cannot lie about that but they should be in top league teams just now especially Kenki Fukuoka

so what do you think the starting XV should be ? this is the team i'd really like to see

1.) Masataka Mikami
2.) Shota Horie
3.) Kensuke Hatakeyama
4.) Luke Thompson
5.) Shoji Ito
6.) Kyosuke Horie
7.) Michael Broadhurst
8.) Ryu Koliniashi Holani
9.) Fumiaki Tanaka
10.) Harumichi Tatekawa
11.) Kenki Fukuoka
12.) Kotaro Matsushima