• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Julien Dupuy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 12 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Dec 12 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 12 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I want to lock him in a room with Julien Dupuy....[/b]

Not sure why thats such a good eye-dea. I just can't put my finger on/in it.

EDIT: Yeah I know that was a cornea joke. I just couldn't help myself.
[/b][/quote]
Your puns run an iris-k of being derided.
[/b][/quote]

I'm a pupil at a comedy school.
<_<

just out of interest Bernard are you basing your opinions on the youtube video or what you saw on tv, cause there's a massive difference, certainly was as far as Jennings was concerned, looked completely innocuous on the youtube video but the tv pictures were obviously much clearer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Dec 12 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 12 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Dec 12 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 12 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I want to lock him in a room with Julien Dupuy....[/b]

Not sure why thats such a good eye-dea. I just can't put my finger on/in it.

EDIT: Yeah I know that was a cornea joke. I just couldn't help myself.
[/b][/quote]
Your puns run an iris-k of being derided.
[/b][/quote]

I'm a pupil at a comedy school.
<_<
[/b][/quote]
These jokes are simply eyeballing

.......(appauling......i got nothing)

9V5D4851.jpg

http://www.rugbypicture.co.uk/

Julien Dupuy better hope he isn't playing next week, I wouldn't pick a fight with Ferris.

He wasn't really picking a fight, looked no more then a spot of eyeing him up to me.

and Ferris was the one crying to the ref about it.

Ferris was dead right to cry to the referee about it, I'm sure decapitating Dupuy would have been much more satisfying, but it would have been the wrong decision.

For myself, I based my opinion on the youtube vidéo linked in the topic. Recknize that even in HD play, I won't have the same definition on a 13,3" Mac than on a std HD TV.
Despite this, hope nevertheless for a fair IRB decision, and not another Tincu story.

Bristol and Cyril, thanks for your puns, wich are even readable from any French native speaker ! ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 13 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just out of interest Bernard are you basing your opinions on the youtube video or what you saw on tv, cause there's a massive difference, certainly was as far as Jennings was concerned, looked completely innocuous on the youtube video but the tv pictures were obviously much clearer.[/b]

I missed the moment it happened on live , i missed the first 15 minutes of the second half so i based my opinion on the youtube video . I'm keen to see any other video to have a better POV and judgement on this event ...

I actually sympathise with most French teams when it comes to justice on the pitch and having to play with non-french speaking referees but this guy, and his prop friend are both going to get cited, and are both going to get very very long bans.

There was a photo in todays paper of David Attoub sticking a thumb in Ferris eye. It actually looked worse than Dupuys, he was really getting it in there.

From the youtube video posted here, I can't see any clear cut evidence of an eye gouge, but there was obviously an attempt of one imo. I'd like to see other footage or high res stills, but it does look a little inconclusive. Now that doesn't mean he shouldn't recieve a ban, but considering recent farcical lengths for the likes of Burger, where things were much clearer, it won't be a long ban atall. I'm sure we'll see some better footage if and when it's available.

I don't agree with this, as this was obviously delibriate and players need to be shown that any contact with the face in such manners is unacceptable and should be taken as attempted gouging. I'd personally give a good 6 months for such things, with 2 years + for an actaul gouge. This kinda thing needs to be stamped out of the game asap, as it really doesn't get any durtier than this in any sport!

I agree with you Dullonien when you ask for a ban when intention of something like eye gouging is evident. In that way, to be clear for every one, volontary contact to the face should be prohibed.

If nothing else appears than the video showed (in wich we apparently see the same thing), 6 month ban are unjistified, and comparing to how dangerous actions like high tackle are punished (Never a red card, sometimes a Yellow, oftenly just a penality), really unfair.

Don't have stats, but actions like high or upside down (sorry I don't know the exact english term, but you see what I mean) tackle or are IMO far more physically dangerous for the player.
OK to apply more strict rules for all theses actions, but for all the dangerous ones.

I don't want to have an opinion based on a youtube footage, but if it's effective, why are you are asking a 2 years ban ? Quinlan did worse and he got away with 12 weeks. Parisse did less and he got 8 weeks. So why 2 years for Dupuy ? I know he has the disadvantage of being french and playing in a ugly pink jersey but that's beyond me...

If the IRB wants to make an example, they should do it with Burger who is a well known recidivist.

So hold on. Neither of these is actually gouging?

dupuy1.jpg

dupuy2.jpg

And as for Attoub ............ hes f***ed too.

353_ferris.jpg

Then again, judging by the ERC policy. Shaggy will probably be banned for a year ot two for this kerfuffle.

2q0pp1y.gif

It's normally pretty obvious when someone is attempting to gouge, and it's obvious that Horgan wasn't. However Dupuy was obviously trying something, especially as he went back for seconds.

@ Mr Cyclopede. There is a big differences between a high tackle and someone attempting to gouge. I know a high tackle is dangerous aswell, but they are almost always accidental. Delibriate offenses should be punished with lengthly bans, and attempted offenses should still carry significant punishments.

Edit: the IRB have unfortunately dug themselves a hole with the short bans recently handed out to players. Calling for a lengthy ban has nothing to do with the fact he's French, or that he plays in Pink. It's just the kinda ban that shuld be handed out to everyone. Burger should have been handed a year or more ban, as should Quinlan. Things need to change though, it's gotta start somewhere, maybe this is where it does!

Atoub is f***ed, his finger is clearly in Ferris' eye.

If Jennings got a 12 week ban, Shaggy is looking at at least that even if there is no finger in the eye.

They're going to have to start making scrum caps like this:

400_F_6069138_64ZnSz86h0fEq3bj61fvfDi5ZVQsEO6A.jpg

(image from fotolia.com)

That's equal to the "illegal contact with the area" that Neil Best got clinked for 18 weeks with.

That said, Horgan didn't touch Haskell nor will it be Blackett and Probyn using their Wasps bias against him...

Well if Dupuy is banned, added to the Parisse injury = Stade is a team of headless chickens with no leadership. It's a good opportunity for Ulster to taste the knockout stages...