• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers salary cap breach?

It would be really ironic if they were breaching the cap while being rubbish although it just sounds just like a bit of poor organisation. I can't think back to a squad that looked like it was over the cap.

It would be really ironic if they were breaching the cap while being rubbish although it just sounds just like a bit of poor organisation. I can't think back to a squad that looked like it was over the cap.

Not just while being rubbish - while being saved from relegation thanks to Saracens being caught breaching the salary cap

£350k is a pretty big overrun - that's like an entire top level player

Typical Tigers getting away with literal and figurative murder while poor innocent Saracens had to face the full force of the law

£350k is a pretty big overrun - that's like an entire top level player

Typical Tigers getting away with literal and figurative murder while poor innocent Saracens had to face the full force of the law

350k over 4 seasons.

Sarries was over by a million for just 1 season

Which year was it they only just beat us to avoid relegation...? :confused:

If you've got a rich owner you could just hire an extra player, so long as it's under £350k, and just pay the fine cause you've not hit the threshold for points deductions
You'd think that'd be bloody obvious, and not able to hide as an administrative error.

My understanding is that part of the process is to show your working, and explain why you've gone over. Deliberate overspend is something else entirely.
So it's things like injury cover you couldn't have predicted ahead of the season, or one of your England players being ejected from the EPS (and removal of that allowance), more win bonuses than you could have expected... that sort of thing.

The non-declaration whold be hit with a much harsher sanction though (IMO) - it's not the crime, it's the cover-up

Last edited:

Latest posts