• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers sign Argentina fullback

M

Melhor Time

Lucas González Amorosino has signed for Leicester, is on his way to England at now and looks set to start for the first match of the season this week.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story...&type=story

He debuted for Argentina vs England in the win in Salta in June. He played very well, coming on after 7 minutes to replace Francisco Leonelli who was injured. Amorisino has a great step, as shown in this match, and during his Sevens career. So two Argentina Sevens stars are entering the GP this season as Gonzalo Camacho will be playing for Harlequins. Both should do very well. Good to see them there for their future's. Both will feature at the 2011 World Cup. It wil also mean Gonzalo Tiesi is not the only Puma back in the GP!

Lucas González Amorosino can play wing / fullback. He is likely to be Argentina's 15 in New Zealand 2011 pushing Horacio Agulla (Brive) back to the wing.

In signing for Leicester, Amorisino is the first high profile Jaguars back to leave the PladAR program for pro rugby in Europe. He has the support for Argentina's coach, Santiago Phelan, and Arg prop Marcos Ayerya will welcome him to the Tigers.

Sounds like an interesting signing, i thought they we're trying to get Jeanjean?

This is good to hear, I remember being impressed with his performance against England, he made a right nuisance of himself.

So, what do all the English fans think of him?

He is scoring a try every match for Leicester.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 6 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know one thing, he could be a handful for England on the 14th...[/b]
That could be said of mini-rugby players from wales at the moment...
And with that, I'm done...thank you gentlemen!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 6 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So, what do all the English fans think of him?

He is scoring a try every match for Leicester.[/b]

I thought he was pretty average. Poor in defence recently in the premiership. However, he had a cracker tonight against the boks. Superb finishing for the try, and he was safe in defence.

Latest posts