• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Edinburgh

I just think the rivalry between munster and leinster is pointless.. I support all irish provencies in any competition.. and if it's an inter pro.. I'm for munster.. but still all four are irish :)

You see, thats the cowards way out of an argument, John.

Thats basically what a Wasps fan would say simply because he didn't really want anyone to know he was a Wasps fan.

Well, guys, y'know, this whole "club" thing is a bit pointless, man. Because, y'know', all the "clubs" are, like, y'know, English ya know what I'm saying?"

"And no, man, I don't support Wasps..what gave you that idea?"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Jan 25 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just think the rivalry between munster and leinster is pointless.. I support all irish provencies in any competition.. and if it's an inter pro.. I'm for munster.. but still all four are irish :)[/b]
I sort of agree. If Leinster aren't playing, I'll shout for the other provinces if they play attacking rugby. Right now, Munster and Ulster are trying to move the ball so it makes it far easier to shout for them. Leinster have become the most boring rugby playing province - a far cry from a couple of years ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Jan 25 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Jan 25 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just think the rivalry between munster and leinster is pointless.. I support all irish provencies in any competition.. and if it's an inter pro.. I'm for munster.. but still all four are irish :)[/b]
I sort of agree. If Leinster aren't playing, I'll shout for the other provinces if they play attacking rugby. Right now, Munster and Ulster are trying to move the ball so it makes it far easier to shout for them. Leinster have become the most boring rugby playing province - a far cry from a couple of years ago.
[/b][/quote]

indeed.. I love watching munster play. although I live in leinster, but they're just not good to watch

Yeah man, I also cheer for all them provinces, coz loike basicaly we're cheering for Irish players. Then I cheer for the Welsh teams. Juzt coz I like them

Oh yeah, just saw the Leinster match highlights and Kearney = Awesome and Ireland's best centre partnership is Wallace-Cave.

And that's why the Irish members of TRF need to manage the Irish team. Even look at the current predictions competition table. 3 of the top 5 are Irish? We're right. Deccie and co are wrong.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 25 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
for the last 2 seasons it's been the backs who have predominantly failed to deliver when the forwards have fronted up.[/b]
There is a question around the kind of posession being handed out to the backs, and the 9-10 combination which still hasnt been sorted. I dont know what the cause is but I just refuse to think that the players just arent good enough. There has to be an underlining cause. Gaffneys flat attacking alignment, the pack not competing for turnover ball, the weather, the press? I havent a clue what it is but its been there all season. We hammered Wasps and Edinburgh in quick succession, but both games were dominated by scores from turnovers. They werent creating anything off phased ball.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Jan 25 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank god I was in a covered stand and not in the north or south stand![/b]
Yeah enjoyed watching the peasants get rained on. The one positive in an otherwise pish poor game of rugby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 25 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Only injury will see Murphy play at full back for Ireland, time and time again he's let us down[/b]
Not to be picky, and I could be wrong, but did Murphy not finish the AI's in the 15 jersey (aside from a possible cameo from Earls)? I agree with you about selection but it was Dempsey and Murphy at 15, not Kearney or Earls during the AI's.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jan 26 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 25 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only injury will see Murphy play at full back for Ireland, time and time again he's let us down[/b]
Not to be picky, and I could be wrong, but did Murphy not finish the AI's in the 15 jersey (aside from a possible cameo from Earls)? I agree with you about selection but it was Dempsey and Murphy at 15, not Kearney or Earls during the AI's.
[/b][/quote]

You're right but at the time Kearney was playing on the wing for Leinster with Demspey at full back. There's no excuse for Kidney not to pick Kearney at full back this time round.

I was talking to a Leinster fan last night and she suggested bringing in Ian Keatley and Frank Murphy next season. I think that would be incredible for you guys. What do you think?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 26 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was talking to a Leinster fan last night and she suggested bringing in Ian Keatley and Frank Murphy next season. I think that would be incredible for you guys. What do you think?[/b]

well if Cheika's still in charge there's no point as I doubt he'd start them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 26 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was talking to a Leinster fan last night and she suggested bringing in Ian Keatley and Frank Murphy next season. I think that would be incredible for you guys. What do you think?[/b]
Frank Murphy would be a superb signing. I'm not so sure about Keatley though. He's developing nicely at Connacht but still has quite a way to go before he's ready to start for Leinster. His kicking game is excellent but he needs to round out his passing game a bit more. Given another year at Connacht under Eric Elwood's coaching, Keatley should be just fine.

If Leinster are to "take" a flyhalf from another province, I'd love to see Paul Warrick in a blue shirt. He's coming into his prime, is a solid kicker and has been in a winning environment for a few years now. His contract is up at the end of the season and signing him would allow Nacewa move into the centre where he could compete with D'arcy, O'Driscoll, Contepomi (if he stays) and McFadden.

Latest posts