• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Leicester

How crucial could Horgan's late tackles prove to be in the outcome of this group, a bonus point wouldn't have been the worst scenario for Leicester but to come away with nothing puts the squeeze on them already, although Toulouse not getting the bp yesterday makes things slightly easier but for both sides I might add.

And people say that NH rugby isn't exciting and suffers from a lack of tries?! My god, I think its safe to say that every game so far in the first week of the HEC has been tremendous! Congratulations to all the teams who have won so far I guess!

On a side point, that was some covering from Horgan to cut off Murphy's run away try. Tracked him back after he had a 2 yard start on him, tackled him, made a follow up tackle on Tuilagi, then dove into the ruck and helped turn over the ball on the Leinster line. Definately saved a try. Wouldnt have changed the result but showed a bit of balls to chase back.

[/b]

Agreed, it was the most impressive thing I've seen Horgan do in ages, the sheer desire to track down Murphy at that stage of the game was admirable

felipe contepomi la rompio !! , = se mando sus macanas pero jugo un gran partido
contepomi break the wall, grat player, almost he give to the tigers one try on the final
bad debut to loffreda !

well that's the risk you have to take with a player like Contepomi, can go from the sublime to the almost ridiculous and yesterday is the perfect proof of that, still wouldn't trade him though

I didn't get to see the game, but had a long conversation with my dad who was at the game and let me know where it all went wrong. Seems like (as said here) a superb defesive effort from Leinster, but we tested their defence only in a physical sense. We simply weren't creative enough and Leinster were good value for their scores, with their pack up to the task. It seemed like Tigers had the lions share of possession and territory but couldn't make it pay.

I really thought we'd win. Not because Leinster are anything less than quality (as they showed) but I thought we'd put in a decent performance. Oh well. Not like we haven't won the HC after losing a pool match.

Great defensive performance - Tigers really ran out of ideas early once the Bosh didn't do the trick. Agreed that the game could have had a bit more excitement - At one stage, people were more interested in the shenanigans in the stand behind us. Some fella robbed the ball after a conversion and i think got into fisticuffs with another bloke over it....Lots of stewards were up there, and eventually the police.

Great defensive performance - Tigers really ran out of ideas early once the Bosh didn't do the trick. [/b]

It sounds like our backs didn't quite gel. Inside centre has always been a key position for us, especially as Goode isn't Mr Inspiration. Both our centres on sat (Smith and Rabeni) are more outside centres, and as a partnership it wasn't too familiar. Still i think Tigers have the capability of putting it all right and will certainly fancy their chances on the return leg. I think the whole pool will be decided by an away victory, or by Edinbugh claiming a scalp. Could be Toulouse beating Leinster at home or winning at Welford road that decides the pool.

Well it's knockout rugby all the way for the Tigers and we saw how that motivated them last season, I'd certainly be fairly confident of them doing the double over Edinburgh and Toulouse which leaves a massive game with Leinster, who I don't think will be guaranteed qualification either by the time we arrive at Welford Road.

The ESPN coverage here in Australia wasnt **** you know why? because they let skysports do the commentary. :D

But yes i enjoyed watching that game and that try by shane horgan was quality and felipe contepomi was deadly with the boot.

I still have the crowd going "leinster leinster" in my damn head. :unsure:

Might barrack for leinster in the magners league. :)

<div class='quotemain'>I still have the crowd going "leinster leinster" in my damn head. :unsure:
[/b]

I think I heard Allez les bleus as well.

[/b][/quote]

:huh: Did i miss something.

Latest posts