Leinster v Munster

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro14' started by An Tarbh, Oct 5, 2006.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Leinster and Munster clash this Friday in a repeat of their HEC semi final which should see a record attendance for a Magners League match with 14000 tickets already sold yesterday and upwards of 10000 more on top of that on the night.

Munster come to Dublin on the back of a 21-13 win over Ulster and see Frankie Sheehan return to the starting XV after he cried off late last weekend, good news with Barry Murphy making his return with a place on the bench, if he continues his performances like he put in against Sale then he's some serious prospect.

Leinster, who had to rely on 2 late tries to secure a bonus point at the Sportsground last week give season debuts to Malcolm O'Kelly and Gordon D'Arcy. Rob Kearney is on the bench after recovering from a hamstring problem while Cameron Jowitt makes the bench in his comeback from injury.

Leinster: G Dempsey, S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, D Hickie, F Contepomi, C Whitaker; R McCormack, H Vermaas, W Green T Hogan, M O'Kelly, S Keogh, K Gleeson, J Heaslip.

Replacements: R Corrigan, B Blaney, O Finegan, C Jowitt, G Easterby, C Warner, L Fitzgerald.

Munster: Jeremy Manning; Ian Dowling, John Kelly, Trevor Halstead, Tomas O'Leary; Ronan O'Gara, Peter Stringer; Marcus Horan, Frank Sheahan, Federico Puciariello; Donncha O'Callaghan, Paul O'Connell capt.; Alan Quinlan, David Wallace, Anthony Foley.

Replacements: Timmy Ryan, Andy Kyriacou, Mick O'Driscoll, Denis Leamy, Tim McGann, Brian O'Meara, Barry Murphy

Referee: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Can't wait for this match:
    <div align="center">[​IMG]
    v
    [​IMG]</div>

4. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Lineouts should be crucial in this one, both have been misfiring so whoever tops that battle will go a long way to winning this match

5. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

True.
    How'd you get your nickname, Mr. "The Bull"?

6. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Never really got it, just picked it as a username, took the Bull after John Hayes and just put it in Irish, just a personal preference but prefer the Irish.

7. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

It's nice...I like it. Did the same with my user name, only took the irish form of my surname.

8. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Is that Rowland then?

9. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Yeah...drop the D, because my family were illiterate or something: ROWLAN

10. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

So immigration didn't take it off you when you went to the States then, :p

11. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

essentially, yes. I think they were confused, because the English made them Spell it "Rowland" in the first place...then they pass through American Immigration and they didn't have a clue, and obviously the Irish that came to the US (my Great Great Grands) certainly were'nt coming on an academic scholarship. So there you have the flow and evolution of the name...some of our family do have the D.

Quite clever of you to figure O'Rothlain and Rowland, though. Good on you.

12. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Bonus point win for Leinster 27-20 in front of a record league crowd of 27000+, 2 tries from BOD, 1 a piece from Horgan and Heaslip. Referee was card happy, rucking my ass against McCormack, Contepomi lucky not to be sent off, twice, although Donncha went down like a soccer prima donna the first time, quite pathetic performance from him throughout, acted like a little girl when Easterby gave him a shoeing as well. Munster lucky to get the bp though, Stringer took out Easterby for Wallace's try so that should have been wiped out.

13. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Match report courtesy of RTÉ Sport

Always intersting though how match reports fail to tell the entire story.

14. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

15. el_tk

el_tk Guest

Simon McDowell is an awful, awful ref. I don't know how he missed Vermaas acting as a blocker for O'Kelly.

Good win for Leinster but the same thing happened this time last year and we all know how Leinster's season ended.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!