• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Ulster

strange timekeeping going on in this match, same in the first half as well, not sure why the clock wasn't stopped there.

good man Toland, "I wouldn't touch Gavin Henson with a barge pole, he gives me the willies" :lol: :lol: :lol:

right now bp is definitely on, more quality from Leinster, who cares if it was forward, great initial work though from Jennings to turn it over and who could begrudge Rocky a try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 29 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank god for you guys that Elsom is staying next year.[/b]

well if the reports are to be believed, Cheika said something to Setanta along those lines as well, so here's hoping for confirmation asap.

hopefully that's just a precaution with D'Arcy, if Henson's injury is serious that increases his Lions' chances significantly

we should have time for this scrum given that the clock wasn't stopped when he was talking to the touch judge over the Wright punch,

I was very impressed with Leinster's performance. They took a while to get going with a few dropped passes but they played with ambition for the first time in a while. It's obvious that Jono Gibbes has been working on getting quick ruck ball because the presentation was far better than earlier in the season and forwards weren't afraid to get stuck in. I liked how players took the ball at pace rather than from a standing start and looked to offload. There's still plenty of work to do though.

Also, the bench made a hell of an impact - O'Brien carried forcefully, van der Linde had an excellent (30 second) cameo, Keogh scored the all important bonus point try and Sexton controlled proceedings.

Next week should be a cracker.

the alignment of the backs was a lot deeper as well, they've been too flat more often than not throughout the season, hopefully when the internationals come back in that will continue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 29 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the alignment of the backs was a lot deeper as well, they've been too flat more often than not throughout the season[/b]
Alan Gaffney was away with Ireland for a while. It may explain why the backs have changed tact while he's gone!

Just back from the game. A little over 15,000 were there to see the non-playing internationals parade the trophies (nice touch) and watch high school musical fort he half time show.

The performance itself was pretty good in the end. Finally attacked with turnoverball and scored. Looked as clinical as they did earlier in the season. i have to say Sexton was absolutely excellent. His distribution and kicking from hand was first class. Personally i thought he mad a massive influence on the back play.

Shaggy, O'Brien also had quality games.

ROCKY ELSOM is a rugby god. I've been watching rugby live and on TV for .......... hmmm ...... over 20 years now and he's one of the best forwards I've seen. Truly world class.

Latest posts