• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Wasps

Was watching the match at Viadana's ground and there were a fair few impressed whistles from the Italians. This season turns from bad to worse for Wasps who seem destined to return to mid-table obscurity for a season. Leinster though look to have put their setbacks in recent weeks behind them. Bonus point thumping win? Just the medicine, sir! :lol:

As the man says it's a marathon not a sprint, Leinster certainly need to be aware of that, obviously they are but no need to be losing the run of ourselves, would be a different story had this happened in England. We've thumped plenty of quality sides at home in the Heineken Cup only to leave it behind in crucial games on the road, now thankfully we haven't done that at Edinburgh this season so maybe that is the sign that something is different this season, he says ever so quietly.

Yeah I was thinking the same ................. until I about 60 minutes into the game,

I cant help thinking that the signings we made during the summer are starting to pay off as the squad looks a lot stronger. We lost Cullen within 20 mins, and O'Driscoll at half time. Both of these lads would usually be a huge loss, but we went from a 3 point lead to a 30 point win in the second half, even with those losses.

I wont be getting carried away as I still dont think were capable of winning the tournament. Its just nice to think, that at this time, we could well have somthing to play for later in the season.

sounds like Jennings had a good game at the breakdown. I wonder if having him and Elsom together has been influential, certainly sounds like Leinster had the better of Wasps at the breakdown.

Missed the game. Can anyone tell me whether Wasps just screwed up or were Leinster really as good as the scoreline suggests? If the latter, then they should be strong favourites for the pool and even the ***le, now...

From what I've seen so far it's more a case of the latter. Not the worst Wasps performance I've seen, the pressure from Leinster forced a lot of mistakes but some of Leinster's play was sublime. Kearney again outstanding, hard to see Kidney leaving him out during the Autumn, same has to be said for Jennings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Missed the game. Can anyone tell me whether Wasps just screwed up or were Leinster really as good as the scoreline suggests? If the latter, then they should be strong favourites for the pool and even the ***le, now...[/b]

We're certainly not favourites for the ***le. We need to back this performance up away from home before we can lay claim to that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 19 2008, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We're certainly not favourites for the ***le. We need to back this performance up away from home before we can lay claim to that.[/b]
Well you did just slaughter the Guinness Premiership champions... Apart from Sale (who may be undone by Munster today, anyway) and Paris, there isn't a more threatening side in the tournament (unless Munster win today; in which case swap Sale for them.)
EDIT: And I also forgot Bath. :huh: Unless their confidence has been struck by their late loss at Toulouse, they'll certainly be up there come January...

You mean how good were Leinster yeah?

Wasps didnt gift this to Leinster, Leinster just stepped up a gear or five and Wasps didnt know how to respond.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Missed the game. Can anyone tell me whether Wasps just screwed up or were Leinster really as good as the scoreline suggests?[/b]

Stay tuned for footage of yet another example of BOD magic.

How he managed to get the ball to bounce off of his boot like that was incredible...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 19 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Missed the game. Can anyone tell me whether Wasps just screwed up or were Leinster really as good as the scoreline suggests?[/b]

Stay tuned for footage of yet another example of BOD magic.

How he managed to get the ball to bounce off of his boot like that was incredible...
[/b][/quote]
Sorry, I lied to you all. I did, in fact, catch the first 20 minutes and the two BOD tries. ^__^

Haha!
Wow, this was a great example of clinical rugby being played with sublime execution.
Contepomi was giving Cipriani a right lesson in how to control a game at fly half, all the while everything that he touches turns to gold. "Danny boy" however, simply threw his toys out of the pram whenever something went wrong and always maintained that it wasn't his fault.
It was a nice sight to see considering how much i despise wasps.

Latest posts