2: Ken Owens
3: Deacon Manu
4: Dominic Day
5: Damian Welch,
6: Rob McCusker
7: Johnathan Edwards
8: David Lyons CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:
16: Phil John, 17: Emyr Phillips, 18: Rhys Thomas, 19: Vernon Cooper, 20: Josh Turnbull , 21: Tavis Knoyle, 22: Gareth Maule

REFEREE: Andy Macpherson (SRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Colin Stanley (IRFU), Jonathan Peake (IRFU), 4th OFFICIAL: Ed Kenny (ARLB), 5th OFFICIAL: Gordon Murray (ARLB), TMO: Tony Redmond (IRFU)

Andrew Conway in line to make his debut..............excellent.

Hope to see Conway get good amount of game-time with a very strong Leinster side named.

Also can someone tell me wasn't Strauss supposed to be the man who solved all Leinsters worries at no.2.

There's a thrashing abound...

The Scarlets' midfeild looks good, but I just can't see Dan Evans working on the wing. The pack's alright, though.

I don't know what the story with Strauss is. As far as I'm aware he only signed a one year contract with a view to adding another couple of years to it. Perhaps he's struggling to acclimatise or maybe he just isn't good enough. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Scarlets could get a bit of joy sending Davies and King down Shaun Berne's channel. Berne is a great distributor but his defence isn't his strong suit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 19 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't know what the story with Strauss is. As far as I'm aware he only signed a one year contract with a view to adding another couple of years to it. Perhaps he's struggling to acclimatise or maybe he just isn't good enough. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Scarlets could get a bit of joy sending Davies and King down Shaun Berne's channel. Berne is a great distributor but his defence isn't his strong suit.[/b]
Berne will survive as McFadden is outside him and is a very good player.

But Strauss seems to be a waste of money like Nick Williams has been overall for us.
Leinster are lucky it only a 1year option compared to Williams who is taking up a foreign player spot too.

I think that's a little unfair on Strauss. He only arrived in November after a long season and suffered an injury early on. There was no way he was going to be thrown in at the deep end during rounds 3-6 of the Heineken Cup and a couple of his potential opportunities in the Magners League were postponed due to poor weather.

If you want to talk about bad Leinster signings, we could be here a while; Owen Finegan, Harry Vermass, Juan Gomez, Eddie Hekenui, Bryce Williams, Adam Byrnes, Fosi Pa'alamo, Jonny Hepworth, Matt Leek etc etc etc

This might be a very interesting game. Both packs look strong, although I expect Leinster's backrow to be on top. However Scarlet's midfield could prove secisive, especially if King can work some of his magic in attack. I'm hugely looking forward to what the King - Davies partership can bring. It was looking promising before King's injury, when Davies was still an inexperiences youngster, but Davies has now matured hugely, so it could be much, much better now.

Dan Newton at fullback is a brave call. Why not leave Dan Evans there and play Newton on the wing where he'd be less exposed.

I'll go for a narrow Leinster win at home, but I think the Scarlets will push them close.

Edit: Stoddard can't keep fit for more than a few weeks at a time. Pitty, cos he could have developed into a very good fullback or wing in the time he's been out injured.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 20 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think that's a little unfair on Strauss. He only arrived in November after a long season and suffered an injury early on. There was no way he was going to be thrown in at the deep end during rounds 3-6 of the Heineken Cup and a couple of his potential opportunities in the Magners League were postponed due to poor weather.

If you want to talk about bad Leinster signings, we could be here a while; Owen Finegan, Harry Vermass, Juan Gomez, Eddie Hekenui, Bryce Williams, Adam Byrnes, Fosi Pa'alamo, Jonny Hepworth, Matt Leek etc etc etc[/b]
Owen Finegan :D Now I remember and Nick Williams isn't too bad :p
But still like Leinster aren't blessed with Hookers so I think if he was good enough he'd at least have made bench as Jackman is past it and Fogarty isn't at the standard too be starting HCup. And events that happened in R6 vs L.Irish proved that the Hooker problem is bad.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 20 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If you want to talk about bad Leinster signings, we could be here a while; Owen Finegan, Harry Vermass, Juan Gomez, Eddie Hekenui, Bryce Williams, Adam Byrnes, Fosi Pa'alamo, Jonny Hepworth, Matt Leek etc etc etc[/b]

Who the hell are Harry Vermass, Eddie Hekenui, Adam Byrnes, Fosi Pa'alamo, Jonny Hepworth and Matt Leek?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Feb 20 2010, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 20 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who the hell are Harry Vermass, Eddie Hekenui, Adam Byrnes, Fosi Pa'alamo, Jonny Hepworth and Matt Leek?
[/b][/quote]
Vermass was a front row player who came from SA for a stint.
Hekenui was a fly half who was a total flop.
Byrnes is an Aussie lock who probably wasn't as big a flop and i think has a contract with Reds now.
Pa'alamo is over in Leeds now and is a poor player.
Hepworth is a league convert that failed

Harry Vermass - alleged hooker
Eddie Hekenui - outhalf who arrived around the turn of the century
Adam Byrnes - 2nd row, now with the Waratahs, played a lot in Cheika's 1st year
Fosi Pa'alamo - prop who did a decent job but was very unfit
Jonny Hepworth - centre who left after a few months during Cheika's 1st year
Matt Leek - the less said the better; outhalf who couldn't pass, kick, run or tackle

Edit- I see munstermuffin got there before me. You obviously know your Leinster flops!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 20 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Harry Vermass - alleged hooker
Eddie Hekenui - outhalf who arrived around the turn of the century
Adam Byrnes - 2nd row, now with the Waratahs, played a lot in Cheika's 1st year
Fosi Pa'alamo - prop who did a decent job but was very unfit
Jonny Hepworth - centre who left after a few months during Cheika's 1st year
Matt Leek - the less said the better; outhalf who couldn't pass, kick, run or tackle

Edit- I see munstermuffin got there before me. You obviously know your Leinster flops![/b]
Alot more flops than Leinster have few from Munster too :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 20 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stoddard can't keep fit for more than a few weeks at a time. Pitty, cos he could have developed into a very good fullback or wing in the time he's been out injured.[/b]

I was thinking the same thing. That's 6 injuries this season. Lee Williams is also out until April, Mark Jones won't be back for another month, and Fenby seems like a poor finisher to me. Lamont and Evans are good players, though, so it should cover for Fenby's averageness. Hopefully.

Apparently Daffyd Jones is back next game. He would have made a huge difference if he was playing in this game, and may just be the key the Scarlets would need to get on top. It would be good to see him trot out for Wales towards the end of the 6N.

Sexton seems to make an otherwise 'Alright' Leinster lineup seem like a great one.

Priestland's been good of late though. In the last Scarlet's match he even kicked all his place kicks (something like 9 I think), which is normally his main weakness. He could still develop into an excellent outside half, just needs someone to take the kicking duties off him (like Nicky Robinson), the rest of his game is excellent.#

Edit: Looks like O'Brien's suffered an injury in the first minutes of the game. Pitty, cos he's a player with great potential.

Further edit: possible broken ankle apparently. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Llanelli's fullback. Scarlets are looking very good, but Leinster are dominating the tackle area, meaning alot of the Scarlets' promising moves have come to nothing.

Scores all tried, 8 each at the moment. Two good tries so far, hope the game carries on like this! 10-8 to leinster after the conversion.

Still a close game. But I've been a little dissapointed with the ref at ruck time. There's been plenty of Leinster players falling over the ball and lying on the wrong side, yet he's still penalising the Scarlets every time for holding on. Jonathan Davies was even being held back from entering a ruck in the Scarlet's last attack, yet nothing!

Still a good game. 19-14 to Leinster. But the Scarlet's are looking threatening every time they get the ball. Ken Owen's havign another great game, along with Prestland and Jonathan Davies.

Edit: just to clarify. Not taking anythign away from Leinster's backrow, they have been great all game, and really are on top in the tackle area.

This is so dissapointing from the Scarlets. They are just giving this game away now. First Fenby get's caught defending a little narrow again (seriously, how many times till he learns against Leinster?), even though there were plenty of numbers, then a simple offside in midfield hands Sexton another simple 3 points!

Arggggggg, that was not fu***ing forward! Awesome little flick by King.

Edit: Nooooo, McCusker should have scored there. Good charge down, the ball just didn't bounce up foe him.

Fenby chucks the ball forward to sum up the Scarlets evening. They played well, (Ken Owens in particular) but just didn't score points. I think chuck another 5 or 7 ppoints onto the score to make it a fairer reflection. Leinster were the better team, particualy at the breakdown where they played the ref well, but not 13 points worth of better.

Latest posts