• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Let the Hate begin

Oh dear...

...well to be fair I made £50 off of this match so I'm not fussed :D

(Am on Virgin first class spending my ill gotten gains on beer. And all thanks to Mr Shane Geraghty for running the game for Saints like Ken Lay ran Enron! :D)

Whoever runs the Aviva Premiership website wants a rocket up their arse.

At time of writing this ( about 8:53 pm in NZ on Monday night), there are still no results from the weekend matches, even though the table is up to date.

I can find the results by searching the site, but the "Fixture & Results" page still looks like this.

Round4.jpg

For a professionally run competition, that is very poor!! Even the ITM Cup has results for each match posted within 30 minutes for full time

On top of that, the site is very slow to load.

It's slow to load because it's travelling halfway around the world. As for the updates - they don't make their own articles, rather use those from the individual clubs websites. You'd be much better served reading up on Planet Rugby, Scrum or (if desperate) the BBC.

heh heh heh

You can shut the **** up straight away.

Apparently we were only meant to win by a single point.

And Mite to not post on the board for 72 hours in 3...2...1...

EDIT: I only saw the feed but..the sheer number of penalties and sheer lack of tries points to a very very very messy game. Seriously doubt its one for ESPN classic.

Pearson is crap anyway so not really surprised there was a fiasco there. Looks like he flipped a coin basically.

Not exactly that sure Saracens will last the distance.

*waits for everyone to misinterpret this as "WOOO WE R TEH BEST! AWESOME WIN! NO WAY REF WAS BIASED! WOOOOOOO LETS GO THROW GARDEN FURNITURE AROUND AND TRASH WATFORD!!!!"

Further edit:

Oh found that Northampton's Doctor Who is actually a Sarries fan! Observe:

13639028_gal.png

(i.e. he's wearing a Fez)

Movie-new.gif

Racism (Que: A Saracens fan shouting from the rafters "You have no proof so it didn't happen", despite it being the worst kept cover-up in history that everyone up here knows about)

Looking back on this thread, I think a lot of this "hate" is overblown and way overhyped.

I've been on the road with Saracens and I've never witnessed any glares or ill will against Saracens fans or the team, we get on well with the other London teams (especially London Irish who are BFFs) and abroad we've had epic adventures with the fans of Biarritz and Viadana.

Case in point, Saracens fans fly down to Biarritz and get a fantastic welcome from their fans at the airport. Town gets shut down on game weekend and theres tons of fun with games, tug o' war and so on. Again I've never seen anything bad and my Dad (who specifically started watching Rugby because he couldn't stand the yobbish nature of football) hasn't had a problem with Saracens fans either.

I think the worst I've seen has been the booing during the Gloucester home game last season but to be fair that was pretty justified because the tactics employed by Saracens were so so so so awful. The second worst was beating Bath away and singing "a-win-away" to the tune of "the lion sleeps tonight" in their clubhouse which while fun was a bit squeamish lol.

As for the allegations of racism the less said about that the better. I've never heard such rumours and I've never seen such antics. Brendan Venter runs several HIV clinics in impoverished townships in South Africa and the team have been to South Africa to build houses and run rugby clinics in the townships.

Look, if there is evidence of racism at Saracens then go public. Why is this so hard for some people to understand? What is the point in complaining about it and then when someone says "surely thats libel, have you got anything to back that up with?" mutter excuses about shady backroom deals (i.e. other clubs including Northampton are accomplices to a cover up)? I have a golden rule supporting teams: dont' be one eye'd when your team is doing something seriously wrong so if some people are sure there is racism at Saracens then for gods sake go public or urge those with evidence to go public.

As for the "South Africa in London" thing...eh...really? Like really really? Apart from some vague marketing strategy to lure in South Africans from SW London there hasn't really been any off the field changes to make it..well..South African. No Braais, no Castle lager in place of the Chilterns Real Ale, no sexy Blue Bulls cheerleaders. Nothing. I'm pretty dissapointed to be honest.

Look, I'm not saying Sarries are perfect. We play in a dump, we don't have the temperament yet to win big and Venter's outbursts earlier in the season has made him a huge target. But at the same time in my time being a fan I've had fun and I've never had any problems at Watford or on the road and thats the honest truth.

It's like I'm a ******* psychic

i don't use TRF while I'm in the pub, I was in the pub all day yesterday. Airgo, I post today.

Not quite sure what else I can say to that.

I couldn't give a shiny shite. GG is a smug c u n t. Always has been since his first post, always will be. It is disrespectful because he has none.

mite you're so easily wound up, it's like poking a caged dog to make it bark. and i don't know where you get the coke bit from, i ******* hate the stuff, never done it and never will.

Some great members appear in that thread :lol:

If you're saying member like I think you're saying member then yes, there was a lot of willy waving going on in that thread.

Can't believe it was not nominated in the TRF awards :lol:

Latest posts